PwC

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – 1st round through telephone, 2nd round on-site visit, comprising of 1 case and 2 behavior with different partner/director/manager

Interview Question – what is your favorite course   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Process was about 6 months, but only due to the exception of my previous employer

Interview Question – What do you want most out of your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Barely room for negotiation, and no sign-on bonus like at other consulting Firms.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Asked why PwC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They went back on their offer.

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with a PwC recruiter giving me a call, and asking me if I was interested in an opportunity at PwC. My resume was posted on Monster and Career builder, and tailored for a position completely irrelevant for what was being offered. The job sounded interesting though so I proceeded with the Interview process.

I came in one day and met with three people, one HR manager, one person who would have been my boss, and the partner of the group I would be involved with. The interviews went well taking about 1/2 hour each. At the end of the interviews I had a sense that the job may not be as interesting as I had first thought. I believe the interviewers felt the same way, but realized that I had a lot of technical knowledge that could be useful elsewhere.

I was called by the recruiter a few days after asking how the interviews went. I said they went well, and he mentioned that they might want to try me for a different position. We set up another interview for a few weeks later.

The next set of interviews were with 3 new people. One partner of the new group, and the two individuals I would be working with. This time I hit it off with everyone, and they thought I would be a great fit. I left on a high note, letting them know I looked forward to hearing from them.

A day later I received a call from the recruiter asking me if I wanted the job, then we started talking salary. I asked for a higher salary than they offered. The recruiter said he'd get back to me, either that day or a day later he accepted the amount I asked for and I started working with the company a few weeks later.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company through a friend, initial contact was via e-mail by a HR Manager. Interview process consists of:
-Initial phone screen by HR Manager
-Phone interview with a senior associate
-2 face-to-face interview (1 at an external location due to interviewer's client engagement)
-Phone interview with a manager
-Phone interview with partner

Process took about 2.5-3 months total from first contact, the last few steps happened in a hurry, offer came a day after last interview. The interview themselves were all behavioral and about my experiences
HR Manager was in contact all through the interview process and was very helpful in coaching me every step of the way. Though initial communication was sparse, rest of the process was well guided.

Interview Question – Why or how do you think your experiences apply to consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is a bit on the low side (but not excessively low), especially for the region I am based out of, relatively speaking based on my experience and level of hiring.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was an experienced hire from an employee referral. I had original phone interview with HR. They are basically the gatekeeper. They don't like you, you don't get in. Later had phone interviews with Manager, and two Directors. Lastly, had Interview Day at the office with two Managers, Director, and Partner. No case, all behavioral/technical stuff. Want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Question – Why PwC? Why a career move to consulting? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much a take it or leave it. They have a pretty good idea what you're worth. A job at PwC isn't always about the money.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round 2 45 minute case interviews. Second round 4 interviews, 3 fit, 1 case. They took all the candidates and put them in a big room and they had us prepare a presentation on an aspect of a case that was provided beforehand.

Interview Question – Pretty standard Consulting fit and case.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – This is for an experienced hire application. Overall the process was about three months long from initial application online to an open position. There were several two or three week periods in which I was not updated, it did not irritate me at all, I know it's a prolonged process. Initial phone interview with the recruiter followed up a few weeks later with an office visit, then about a month after the office visit an offer was made.

The office visit turned out well, the people I met with were pleasant and kind. Only my first interviewer of the three asked any tough 'emotional response' questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to re-evaluate your approach to something and how you eventually were successful.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – received a better offer from another big 4 firm. The other firm had an office atmosphere that seemed to be a better fit for me personally.

Fort Belvoir, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewer made me very comfortable and provided me great feedback on my interview performance. He provided advice on other companies that I may be a fit for but did give me a positive indication that I was proceeding to the next level of PWC interviews.

Interview Question – Explain the type of operations support you have provided your employer   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Campus hire. Selected for case study, then phone interview with HR, followed by interview day with 3 people: Manager, Director, and Partner.

Interview Question – none, conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, focused on my last salary which i was foolish to share

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Senior Associate interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.