PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Friendly people ..quick turn around. THe recruiter was responsive and the meeting with Senior Manager was via phone due to time constraints. Meeting with Partner went really well. Got offered lower than expected

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with Recruiter - she sent email about the position - then I sent her my most recent resume. She asked why I was looking for new employment - informed her that my contract had just ended. Next - she passed my resume on to the senior recruiter and that recruiter went through my resume and asked about my experience, what can I contribute to the position. Next - the Senior Recruiter passed my resume and information on to the Project Manager and that interview was great, she asked about my IT background, how the team would be structured and also what I could contribute as the Team lead. Finally was the face to face at the local office with a PWC Director and the PM. It went well and I had an offer within 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a new position with this company. What can you contribute to this team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two people a Sr. Associate and a Partner. The interview was conducted in a professional and friendly manner. It was difficult to read either interviewer, especially the partner who spent the majority of time talking about his personal career journey. I was nervous and that worked against me. You should try being as confident as possible during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were proud of your work and why   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was brought in by one of the partners, so my interview process was different, since I never independently applied for the position. I initially talked with HR regarding what I do now, my salary goals, what I am looking for, etc. I then met with a director/manager from the east coast via the phone. The interview was about half an hour and was more so talking about what they do. It took a while to get the next interview set up, so there was about a one month gap between my first interview and my second. The second interviews were in person, I met first with a director and then a partner. In that process they basically talked to me about the company and the department, they asked me the normal questions, why do you want to come here, what are you looking for, etc. nothing too difficult or challenging. Luckily they were faster on the turn around after the second interview and I was offered a position the next afternoon. The actual onboarding process is a bit of a process, be prepared for a very thorough background check, they will verify employment, education, do a credit check, etc. The downside to the onboarding is that they only have specific dates that you can come into the company, so I had to choose between a handful of dates across two months. Unfortunately because of how the dates landed I have to wait two months until my actual start date. I have not started yet, but am working through the onboarding process currently.

Interview Questions

• There were no really out of left field questions for me, very generic and I thought they were all easy to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called me with an offer of employment and asked what I currently make and what I am looking to make. We talked it through and she gave me the current salary range for people in similar positions. I submitted what I was looking for to the recruiter based on this information, they brought my bid back to the partners and the partners approved my request the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a Senior Associate role within PwC. I was told that the process would move fairly quickly (approx 2 weeks) from initial conversation to offer. After my screening with the recruiter, my first face to face interview was with a Director and Manager. We had the typical "tell me about a time when" questions, mostly going over my experience. I love to talk and interact with people, so this all was cake for me, very fun. I was sure this is where I wanted to be though I was in process with some other big 4 firms. Amazing people, great experience. After the face to face I had a phone interview with another manager that couldn't make the face to face, and that went amazingly poor (interviewer was extremely rude, judgemental, dimissive - the worst interview I have ever had in my life). I was certain I did not get the job after this exchange - yes it was that bad. I sent a follow up email thanking the manager for his time. After this interview, I was set up with another phone interview (a re-do of sorts?) which went very well. Following that, I presented with a verbal offer which I accepted. A few days later, I was told I was still moving along in the process however with a role a level below what was originally offered and a salary significantly lower... which struck me as odd especially since they they I had another offer on the table. Nonetheless, I accepted that offer as I was still interested in the "bigger picture" and did not want to seem reactionary, however, that next week I followed up and confirmed I no longer wished to be considered for the opportunity and told the recruiter why (the reduced role, odd timing of that choice, and the terrible interview with somoene who would be an active supervisor). I believed they understood, though they were seemingly very dissapointed. A few hours after this, I reached out to each of my interviewers to thank them for their time via email and wished them all the best.

(1) it wasn't the salary or level that was originally presented to me (2) I knew for a fact that there was someone in the organization that likely at best wasn't for me, if not just outright against me which you know... means I'm working at a deficit from day 1 (3) I had another offer on the table made much more sense for what I wanted to do

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014. Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your aptitude, work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straightforward. Pass it, and then you get to meet interview with the branch manager. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

• First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a signing bonus.

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

1st round through telephone, 2nd round on-site visit, comprising of 1 case and 2 behavior with different partner/director/manager

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Process was about 6 months, but only due to the exception of my previous employer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Barely room for negotiation, and no sign-on bonus like at other consulting Firms.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They went back on their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was standard. There was an HR screen, a telephone screen with a Manager, and three in-person interviews with Directors. The first in-person interview was the case study. I received the case study two days in advance of the interview, worked on it quite a bit at home, and was happy to have it out of the way. The woman who conducted the case with me was very pleasant and patient. In retrospect, I don't know if I would have spent as much time preparing for the case as I did. I was unhappy with the way the final interview went because the person interviewing me was more concerned about how I got there (and how I landed prior positions) than my experience and what I could bring to the table. The last person asked too many personal questions -- not good, not professional. There was no interview debrief with HR or walkout -- it was pretty strange.

Interview Questions

• From what I recall of the business case. ...Please design a proposal that addresses one or more of the following key questions and areas of focus: -What are the challenges and/or opportunities with the current operating model? -What framework and approach should be used to improve the operating model? -(and two others).   Answer Question