PwC

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your aptitude, work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straightforward. Pass it, and then you get to meet interview with the branch manager.

Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a signing bonus.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred into the Company. Individuals I met with were very intelligent and asked both technical and non technical questions. Should know your resume inside out before the interview

Can tell from the interview process that on the job I will also be challenged to thnk outside the box. All interviewers were very sharp and knew their business focus well.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was standard. There was an HR screen, a telephone screen with a Manager, and three in-person interviews with Directors. The first in-person interview was the case study. I received the case study two days in advance of the interview, worked on it quite a bit at home, and was happy to have it out of the way. The woman who conducted the case with me was very pleasant and patient. In retrospect, I don't know if I would have spent as much time preparing for the case as I did. I was unhappy with the way the final interview went because the person interviewing me was more concerned about how I got there (and how I landed prior positions) than my experience and what I could bring to the table. The last person asked too many personal questions -- not good, not professional. There was no interview debrief with HR or walkout -- it was pretty strange.

Interview Question – From what I recall of the business case.
...Please design a proposal that addresses one or more of the following key questions and areas of focus:
-What are the challenges and/or opportunities with the current operating model?
-What framework and approach should be used to improve the operating model?
-(and two others).
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – 1st round through telephone, 2nd round on-site visit, comprising of 1 case and 2 behavior with different partner/director/manager

Interview Question – what is your favorite course   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Process was about 6 months, but only due to the exception of my previous employer

Interview Question – What do you want most out of your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Barely room for negotiation, and no sign-on bonus like at other consulting Firms.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Asked why PwC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They went back on their offer.

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with a PwC recruiter giving me a call, and asking me if I was interested in an opportunity at PwC. My resume was posted on Monster and Career builder, and tailored for a position completely irrelevant for what was being offered. The job sounded interesting though so I proceeded with the Interview process.

I came in one day and met with three people, one HR manager, one person who would have been my boss, and the partner of the group I would be involved with. The interviews went well taking about 1/2 hour each. At the end of the interviews I had a sense that the job may not be as interesting as I had first thought. I believe the interviewers felt the same way, but realized that I had a lot of technical knowledge that could be useful elsewhere.

I was called by the recruiter a few days after asking how the interviews went. I said they went well, and he mentioned that they might want to try me for a different position. We set up another interview for a few weeks later.

The next set of interviews were with 3 new people. One partner of the new group, and the two individuals I would be working with. This time I hit it off with everyone, and they thought I would be a great fit. I left on a high note, letting them know I looked forward to hearing from them.

A day later I received a call from the recruiter asking me if I wanted the job, then we started talking salary. I asked for a higher salary than they offered. The recruiter said he'd get back to me, either that day or a day later he accepted the amount I asked for and I started working with the company a few weeks later.

Senior Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company through a friend, initial contact was via e-mail by a HR Manager. Interview process consists of:
-Initial phone screen by HR Manager
-Phone interview with a senior associate
-2 face-to-face interview (1 at an external location due to interviewer's client engagement)
-Phone interview with a manager
-Phone interview with partner

Process took about 2.5-3 months total from first contact, the last few steps happened in a hurry, offer came a day after last interview. The interview themselves were all behavioral and about my experiences
HR Manager was in contact all through the interview process and was very helpful in coaching me every step of the way. Though initial communication was sparse, rest of the process was well guided.

Interview Question – Why or how do you think your experiences apply to consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is a bit on the low side (but not excessively low), especially for the region I am based out of, relatively speaking based on my experience and level of hiring.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was an experienced hire from an employee referral. I had original phone interview with HR. They are basically the gatekeeper. They don't like you, you don't get in. Later had phone interviews with Manager, and two Directors. Lastly, had Interview Day at the office with two Managers, Director, and Partner. No case, all behavioral/technical stuff. Want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Question – Why PwC? Why a career move to consulting? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much a take it or leave it. They have a pretty good idea what you're worth. A job at PwC isn't always about the money.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round 2 45 minute case interviews. Second round 4 interviews, 3 fit, 1 case. They took all the candidates and put them in a big room and they had us prepare a presentation on an aspect of a case that was provided beforehand.

Interview Question – Pretty standard Consulting fit and case.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!