PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions

2.9

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I was brought in by one of the partners, so my interview process was different, since I never independently applied for the position. I initially talked with HR regarding what I do now, my salary goals, what I am looking for, etc. I then met with a director/manager from the east coast via the phone. The interview was about half an hour and was more so talking about what they do. It took a while to get the next interview set up, so there was about a one month gap between my first interview and my second. The second interviews were in person, I met first with a director and then a partner. In that process they basically talked to me about the company and the department, they asked me the normal questions, why do you want to come here, what are you looking for, etc. nothing too difficult or challenging. Luckily they were faster on the turn around after the second interview and I was offered a position the next afternoon. The actual onboarding process is a bit of a process, be prepared for a very thorough background check, they will verify employment, education, do a credit check, etc. The downside to the onboarding is that they only have specific dates that you can come into the company, so I had to choose between a handful of dates across two months. Unfortunately because of how the dates landed I have to wait two months until my actual start date. I have not started yet, but am working through the onboarding process currently.

Interview Questions
  • There were no really out of left field questions for me, very generic and I thought they were all easy to answer   Answer Question
The recruiter called me with an offer of employment and asked what I currently make and what I am looking to make. We talked it through and she gave me the current salary range for people in similar positions. I submitted what I was looking for to the recruiter based on this information, they brought my bid back to the partners and the partners approved my request the next day.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a Senior Associate role within PwC. I was told that the process would move fairly quickly (approx 2 weeks) from initial conversation to offer.

After my screening with the recruiter, my first face to face interview was with a Director and Manager. We had the typical "tell me about a time when" questions, mostly going over my experience. I love to talk and interact with people, so this all was cake for me, very fun. I was sure this is where I wanted to be though I was in process with some other big 4 firms. Amazing people, great experience. After the face to face I had a phone interview with another manager that couldn't make the face to face, and that went amazingly poor (interviewer was extremely rude, judgemental, dimissive - the worst interview I have ever had in my life). I was certain I did not get the job after this exchange - yes it was that bad. I sent a follow up email thanking the manager for his time.

After this interview, I was set up with another phone interview (a re-do of sorts?) which went very well. Following that, I presented with a verbal offer which I accepted. A few days later, I was told I was still moving along in the process however with a role a level below what was originally offered and a salary significantly lower... which struck me as odd especially since they they I had another offer on the table. Nonetheless, I accepted that offer as I was still interested in the "bigger picture" and did not want to seem reactionary, however, that next week I followed up and confirmed I no longer wished to be considered for the opportunity and told the recruiter why (the reduced role, odd timing of that choice, and the terrible interview with somoene who would be an active supervisor). I believed they understood, though they were seemingly very dissapointed. A few hours after this, I reached out to each of my interviewers to thank them for their time via email and wished them all the best.

(1) it wasn't the salary or level that was originally presented to me
    (2) I knew for a fact that there was someone in the organization that likely at best wasn't for me, if not just outright against me which you know... means I'm working at a deficit from day 1
    (3) I had another offer on the table made much more sense for what I wanted to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your aptitude, work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straightforward. Pass it, and then you get to meet interview with the branch manager.

Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions
    • First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question
    I had a signing bonus.

Senior Associate Interview

1st round through telephone, 2nd round on-site visit, comprising of 1 case and 2 behavior with different partner/director/manager

Senior Associate Interview

Process was about 6 months, but only due to the exception of my previous employer

Interview Questions
    Barely room for negotiation, and no sign-on bonus like at other consulting Firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    They went back on their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2014.

The hiring and interview process was standard. There was an HR screen, a telephone screen with a Manager, and three in-person interviews with Directors. The first in-person interview was the case study. I received the case study two days in advance of the interview, worked on it quite a bit at home, and was happy to have it out of the way. The woman who conducted the case with me was very pleasant and patient. In retrospect, I don't know if I would have spent as much time preparing for the case as I did. I was unhappy with the way the final interview went because the person interviewing me was more concerned about how I got there (and how I landed prior positions) than my experience and what I could bring to the table. The last person asked too many personal questions -- not good, not professional. There was no interview debrief with HR or walkout -- it was pretty strange.

Interview Questions
    • From what I recall of the business case.
      ...Please design a proposal that addresses one or more of the following key questions and areas of focus:
      -What are the challenges and/or opportunities with the current operating model?
      -What framework and approach should be used to improve the operating model?
      -(and two others).
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Was referred into the Company. Individuals I met with were very intelligent and asked both technical and non technical questions. Should know your resume inside out before the interview

Can tell from the interview process that on the job I will also be challenged to thnk outside the box. All interviewers were very sharp and knew their business focus well.

Did not negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I was referred to the company through a friend, initial contact was via e-mail by a HR Manager. Interview process consists of:
    -Initial phone screen by HR Manager
    -Phone interview with a senior associate
    -2 face-to-face interview (1 at an external location due to interviewer's client engagement)
    -Phone interview with a manager
    -Phone interview with partner

Process took about 2.5-3 months total from first contact, the last few steps happened in a hurry, offer came a day after last interview. The interview themselves were all behavioral and about my experiences
    HR Manager was in contact all through the interview process and was very helpful in coaching me every step of the way. Though initial communication was sparse, rest of the process was well guided.

Interview Questions
    • Why or how do you think your experiences apply to consulting?   Answer Question
    Salary is a bit on the low side (but not excessively low), especially for the region I am based out of, relatively speaking based on my experience and level of hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

First round 2 45 minute case interviews. Second round 4 interviews, 3 fit, 1 case. They took all the candidates and put them in a big room and they had us prepare a presentation on an aspect of a case that was provided beforehand.