PwC

Getting the Interview

47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted and interviewed by two of the partners in the Firm.

Interview Question – They were generally questions about my resume. I was an experienced hire so I was prepared to answer any question regarding it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter so he negotiated for me.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Typical interview. Pretty simple and easy. Had a phone interview with Director. Second interview was in person with a couple of managers from different teams and lunch with peers. Interview was more about past experience, assessment of "fit", and behavior. No big technical Qs or case studies given.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. Take it or leave it. Offered relocation money.

Wichita, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very impolite. He started by saying this would be a general meet and greet and would provide me the job description as well as a general overview of the company. Then he asked me if I was willing to travel to which I said yes. The second question was whether I had the required authorization to work in the U.S. I said yes, but after seven months would need sponsorship to stay in the U.S. He just cut short his interview there and then, without asking any other questions. Surely a company that earns $29 billion can sponsor potential hires.

Interview Question – Do you have the required authorization to work in the US?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter from a staffing agency, having seen my background in insurance and having keyworded me on linkedin wanted me to go and meet with PwC's people...badly!

Every single time you go and interview with one of the big 4, a recruiter will pick a date and tell you how important it is that you go. Right now! That's because some partners and managers are coming together on that same day. it's like the solar eclipse.

I had flown in from a training assignment into a hotel room. I was staying in north west jersey. So I drove to an NJ Transit station at 5:45 am, parked my car, took the train to NY Penn, and then walked to the PwC office.

The interview was a complete waste of time. Nothing substantial about my qualifications or technical achievements was asked. There were a barrage of questions about 'if you were in this situation with a client..." and how I would handle it. Worst of all, they had the resume of a guy with the same first name as mine. So I had to use my company laptop to show them who I was. That was a very bad idea.

There were 3 interviews and much like as one would expect with a large consulting firm, it's big but an empty vessel. At the time, employed with a competing large consulting firm, I said that a culture of entitlement in terms of fleecing the client for flights, hotels, rental cars, per diems and outings is not one which I find ethical. But this is common knowledge, and the practice is rampant in the consulting industry.

The recruiter reported that I was "overconfident" and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

To candidates a lesson: Peddle the bull that works. Simply stop feeding the recruiters. Don't lose any sleep to do an interview unless you're unemployed.

Interview Question – Among others, If a client gets angry and starts to yell at you, how would you approach it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Told me to come at 7:00 am for an interview. Had to chase HR to get confirmation. Had 2 interviews for the position, one with a partner who seemed friendly, until I joined the firm and the lother with an MD who constatntly looked at his watch. There were no negotiations on pay as I had been unemployed.

Interview Question – Detailed questions about credit   View Answer

Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very laid back and casual. The HR team was very flexible with travel arrangements and the entire interviewing panel made me feel very welcome.

Interview Question – How would you react if you were asked to work on a project or topic that does not interest you?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was referred by an employee things moved fairly quickly. I had a tech screening followed by two in person interviews which were scheduled on the same day.

Negotiation Details – I could have negotiated a better deal, in retrospect. It helps to tell the partner upfront what your drop dead criteria are , rather than playing cat and mouse with the the recruiter. Overall I am happy with my package, so no complaints.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email for phone interview. Overall, the questions asked were behavioral, no technical questions at all.

However, my advise - find a secluded place with minimal interruptions. And please do not jerk while answering the questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest obstacles faced during your previous employment   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Round: Case Interview, Fit Interview, Case Interview. As part of the case interview, several behavioral questions were also asked. Received invitation for 2nd round later in the evening.

2nd Round: Case interview, Case Interview (2). Both Case interviews had several background questions as well. The cases in the second round were more complex and 45 minutes was allotted to each case versus only 30 minutes in the first round.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you should have spoken up, but did not.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with two Partners separately. Was asked questions about previous experience and was asked some basic behavior questions. They were interested in hearing not only about consultative background but my involvement in sales cycles and client continuity. Both interviews were very laid back and very low stress.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult part of being a consultant?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC