PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.9

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

I was referred to the company through a friend, initial contact was via e-mail by a HR Manager. Interview process consists of:
-Initial phone screen by HR Manager
-Phone interview with a senior associate
-2 face-to-face interview (1 at an external location due to interviewer's client engagement)
-Phone interview with a manager
-Phone interview with partner

Process took about 2.5-3 months total from first contact, the last few steps happened in a hurry, offer came a day after last interview. The interview themselves were all behavioral and about my experiences
HR Manager was in contact all through the interview process and was very helpful in coaching me every step of the way. Though initial communication was sparse, rest of the process was well guided.

Interview Questions

• Why or how do you think your experiences apply to consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is a bit on the low side (but not excessively low), especially for the region I am based out of, relatively speaking based on my experience and level of hiring.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round 2 45 minute case interviews. Second round 4 interviews, 3 fit, 1 case. They took all the candidates and put them in a big room and they had us prepare a presentation on an aspect of a case that was provided beforehand.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

This is for an experienced hire application. Overall the process was about three months long from initial application online to an open position. There were several two or three week periods in which I was not updated, it did not irritate me at all, I know it's a prolonged process. Initial phone interview with the recruiter followed up a few weeks later with an office visit, then about a month after the office visit an offer was made.

The office visit turned out well, the people I met with were pleasant and kind. Only my first interviewer of the three asked any tough 'emotional response' questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to re-evaluate your approach to something and how you eventually were successful.   Answer Question

received a better offer from another big 4 firm. The other firm had an office atmosphere that seemed to be a better fit for me personally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was an experienced hire from an employee referral. I had original phone interview with HR. They are basically the gatekeeper. They don't like you, you don't get in. Later had phone interviews with Manager, and two Directors. Lastly, had Interview Day at the office with two Managers, Director, and Partner. No case, all behavioral/technical stuff. Want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Why a career move to consulting? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty much a take it or leave it. They have a pretty good idea what you're worth. A job at PwC isn't always about the money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very thorough screening by internal head hunter. Then I met with my future team members, from associate all the way to partner. Most of these were over the phone in a conference room at the PwC office. Some were face to face. An interview with team HR followed over the phone with some typical behavioral HR questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my past experience and about global regulatory trends   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Fort Belvoir, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewer made me very comfortable and provided me great feedback on my interview performance. He provided advice on other companies that I may be a fit for but did give me a positive indication that I was proceeding to the next level of PWC interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain the type of operations support you have provided your employer   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of speaking first with HR. Once I interviewed with HR, or rather was screened by HR, then my information was passed to the hiring manager and the team. I interviewed with three individuals all on the same day. I was offered a position within a week for the interview process is relatively fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Typical interview. Pretty simple and easy. Had a phone interview with Director. Second interview was in person with a couple of managers from different teams and lunch with peers. Interview was more about past experience, assessment of "fit", and behavior. No big technical Qs or case studies given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Take it or leave it. Offered relocation money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy. Phone interview followed with In person. Met with two managers and got an offer within a week. Best to be confident and go instead of reading and preparing too much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

one week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

the interview process consisted of meeting a manger, senior manager, and partner. They asked what made PwC different from the other big 4 firms.

They wanted to know about how I dealt with having multiple clients at once and facing many deadlines in the same period.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you successfully lead times and promote continuous learning   Answer Question