PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions

2.9

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

This is for an experienced hire application. Overall the process was about three months long from initial application online to an open position. There were several two or three week periods in which I was not updated, it did not irritate me at all, I know it's a prolonged process. Initial phone interview with the recruiter followed up a few weeks later with an office visit, then about a month after the office visit an offer was made.

The office visit turned out well, the people I met with were pleasant and kind. Only my first interviewer of the three asked any tough 'emotional response' questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to re-evaluate your approach to something and how you eventually were successful.   Answer Question

received a better offer from another big 4 firm. The other firm had an office atmosphere that seemed to be a better fit for me personally.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2013.

I was an experienced hire from an employee referral. I had original phone interview with HR. They are basically the gatekeeper. They don't like you, you don't get in. Later had phone interviews with Manager, and two Directors. Lastly, had Interview Day at the office with two Managers, Director, and Partner. No case, all behavioral/technical stuff. Want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Why a career move to consulting? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question
    Pretty much a take it or leave it. They have a pretty good idea what you're worth. A job at PwC isn't always about the money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Belvoir, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interviewer made me very comfortable and provided me great feedback on my interview performance. He provided advice on other companies that I may be a fit for but did give me a positive indication that I was proceeding to the next level of PWC interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the type of operations support you have provided your employer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Typical interview. Pretty simple and easy. Had a phone interview with Director. Second interview was in person with a couple of managers from different teams and lunch with peers. Interview was more about past experience, assessment of "fit", and behavior. No big technical Qs or case studies given.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation really. Take it or leave it. Offered relocation money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

I was contacted and interviewed by two of the partners in the Firm.

Interview Questions
    • They were generally questions about my resume. I was an experienced hire so I was prepared to answer any question regarding it.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter so he negotiated for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Very impolite. He started by saying this would be a general meet and greet and would provide me the job description as well as a general overview of the company. Then he asked me if I was willing to travel to which I said yes. The second question was whether I had the required authorization to work in the U.S. I said yes, but after seven months would need sponsorship to stay in the U.S. He just cut short his interview there and then, without asking any other questions. Surely a company that earns $29 billion can sponsor potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have the required authorization to work in the US?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

A recruiter from a staffing agency, having seen my background in insurance and having keyworded me on linkedin wanted me to go and meet with PwC's people...badly!

Every single time you go and interview with one of the big 4, a recruiter will pick a date and tell you how important it is that you go. Right now! That's because some partners and managers are coming together on that same day. it's like the solar eclipse.

I had flown in from a training assignment into a hotel room. I was staying in north west jersey. So I drove to an NJ Transit station at 5:45 am, parked my car, took the train to NY Penn, and then walked to the PwC office.

The interview was a complete waste of time. Nothing substantial about my qualifications or technical achievements was asked. There were a barrage of questions about 'if you were in this situation with a client..." and how I would handle it. Worst of all, they had the resume of a guy with the same first name as mine. So I had to use my company laptop to show them who I was. That was a very bad idea.

There were 3 interviews and much like as one would expect with a large consulting firm, it's big but an empty vessel. At the time, employed with a competing large consulting firm, I said that a culture of entitlement in terms of fleecing the client for flights, hotels, rental cars, per diems and outings is not one which I find ethical. But this is common knowledge, and the practice is rampant in the consulting industry.

The recruiter reported that I was "overconfident" and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

To candidates a lesson: Peddle the bull that works. Simply stop feeding the recruiters. Don't lose any sleep to do an interview unless you're unemployed.

Interview Questions
    • Among others, If a client gets angry and starts to yell at you, how would you approach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2011.

The process started with a PwC recruiter giving me a call, and asking me if I was interested in an opportunity at PwC. My resume was posted on Monster and Career builder, and tailored for a position completely irrelevant for what was being offered. The job sounded interesting though so I proceeded with the Interview process.

I came in one day and met with three people, one HR manager, one person who would have been my boss, and the partner of the group I would be involved with. The interviews went well taking about 1/2 hour each. At the end of the interviews I had a sense that the job may not be as interesting as I had first thought. I believe the interviewers felt the same way, but realized that I had a lot of technical knowledge that could be useful elsewhere.

I was called by the recruiter a few days after asking how the interviews went. I said they went well, and he mentioned that they might want to try me for a different position. We set up another interview for a few weeks later.

The next set of interviews were with 3 new people. One partner of the new group, and the two individuals I would be working with. This time I hit it off with everyone, and they thought I would be a great fit. I left on a high note, letting them know I looked forward to hearing from them.

A day later I received a call from the recruiter asking me if I wanted the job, then we started talking salary. I asked for a higher salary than they offered. The recruiter said he'd get back to me, either that day or a day later he accepted the amount I asked for and I started working with the company a few weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Quick, easy
    Pass through, not much of an effort
    Recruiting really good, did not get the staff augmentation feel.
    Multiple interviews
    Great group of sellers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Campus hire. Selected for case study, then phone interview with HR, followed by interview day with 3 people: Manager, Director, and Partner.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, focused on my last salary which i was foolish to share