PwC

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email for phone interview. Overall, the questions asked were behavioral, no technical questions at all.

However, my advise - find a secluded place with minimal interruptions. And please do not jerk while answering the questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest obstacles faced during your previous employment   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Round: Case Interview, Fit Interview, Case Interview. As part of the case interview, several behavioral questions were also asked. Received invitation for 2nd round later in the evening.

2nd Round: Case interview, Case Interview (2). Both Case interviews had several background questions as well. The cases in the second round were more complex and 45 minutes was allotted to each case versus only 30 minutes in the first round.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you should have spoken up, but did not.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with two Partners separately. Was asked questions about previous experience and was asked some basic behavior questions. They were interested in hearing not only about consultative background but my involvement in sales cycles and client continuity. Both interviews were very laid back and very low stress.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult part of being a consultant?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in December 2009.

Interview Details – Got an interview within a few days of giving my resume to a PWC recruiter at a job fair. Interview took two hours, met with two directors and two HR for half an hour each. No tough questions, just short conversations and long Q&As. Offer came the next day, written confirmation took two days -- offer letter was from HQ, not local office.

Interview Question – Have you ever had problems with gambling?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked for higher salary and non-tangibles (signing bonus, student loan repayment, relocation expenses). The recruiter was polite but firm -- basic message of "take it or leave it." According to her, signing bonuses are not allowed for the forseeable future.

Senior Associate

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2007.

Interview Details – Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Question – How do you calculate unlevered FCF?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had cleared all rounds of interview but they rejected me just because it was my 4th change in 4 yrs ,
i gave the genuine reasons but the HR remained unsatisfied ,

What PWC is going to achieve by rejecting a candidate who has cleared all rounds of Interview and just he/she doesnt fit in PWC just becasue they have changed too many companies?
there can many reason why they have changed the comapanies, please consider the candidates who can justify this with genuine reasons!

Interview Question – They just keep pulling out reasons for change of all the jobs and based on your answers they do cross question why?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was in Kuwait when HR contacted me for a role I have applied online. I already worked with PwC earlier (both India & UK), so initial things were ok. The practice which I was supposed to join is led nationally by the Partner, with whom I have worked in Leeds, UK earlier, which made the process very easy. HR scheduled a call with a Risk Assurance Senior Manager in London. I knew this lady by name and we have exchanged emails earlier when I was working with PwC Leeds on secondment from India. The day for the interview came and no one called. Later got an email from HR, the interviewer were taken to hospital, so HR scheduled another call. This time the lady call. I know my stuff, so interview was straight. I mentioned the Partner's name whom I worked with, she told me she is going to speak to the Partner. I was in touch with the Partner for quite sometime, so that stage went well. Really no difficult questions at all. HR called to schedule 2nd interview with a London Partner and asked me to go to PwC Kuwait office for video conferencing. I couldn't commit for a video conferencing. so HR arranged a Director interview. I called the Director on the time of interview and it went well as I have given again the Partner's reference. Offer came in when I was in Sudan. I accepted the offer, left my job in Kuwait. Went to India to process Tier 2 General Visa for myself and my wife.

Negotiation Details – Please negotiate the designation as I was brought to a designation below which I should have joined. That is one of the reason I am leaving for another Big4 in London. Promotions are based on designations, so be safe than sorry later.

Seoul (South Korea)

I interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – License of CPA or majoring Business or accounting will be beneficial to applicants. 1st round interview by senior management. Quite normal questions such as the reason applying to PwC. You need answer logically and don't be nervous. They also want applicants could help them to expend the business.

Interview Question – They asked based on the CV.   View Answer

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – 1 assessment centre + interview with HR and Sr Manager + phone interview

Interview Question – How many cares were sold annualy in the US during the oil crisis in the '70s   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation