PwC

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-person interview.

Interview Question – How will you adjust from ind to team consulting?   View Answer

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was shortlisted for the interview and was invited for a dinner on the previous night of Interview. It was a networking event and helped me talk to many PwC senior consultants. I got lot of information about company consulting practice and understood the organization well. Next day morning I had behavioral interview and the overall process was good

Interview Question – Explain a situation in which you had to do things differently than what you were planning to do. How did you changed your strategy in such a quick time?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview Details – Regular interview process that is used by most company

Interview Question – Where do I see my self in 5 years   View Answer

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied online, was then contacted by Recruiting manager who asked normal HR type questions (i.e. salary, work authorization, experience). After that I had 4 phone interviews with a Director, manager, senior manager and partner. The interviews were very friendly and cordial mostly wanted to talk through resume and experience. They also set expectations in regards to travel and working hours.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, again mostly talk through resume and experience and why I wanted to work for PWC.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got another offer from a different consulting firm that I felt more aligned with where I wanted to take my career. I would recomend PWC however.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Recruitment through campus interview in a top US B school

Interview Question – What I havent asked you so far that you wish to discuss.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Inititial phone interview with Recruiter lead to a second phone interview with a Consultant. For the third interview I was invited into the office for "interview day" in which several candidates were being screened at once.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult clients   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – - Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
- Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
- Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Interview Question – Questions revolved around Oracle projects   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initially had 2 one-on-one interviews with Directors or Senior Directors. One was a behavior interview, the other was a "mini-case" which he described as just a conversation about the case. Typical stuff, nothing out of the ordinary.

Second round was 3 one-on-one interviews with Partners in the service line. One was a case (again more of a conversation about a business problem and how I would respond to it), the other two were strictly behavioral.

Unfortunately, the HR department choose Sunday night at 9PM to call me and let me know there would not be an offer. Separate emails for post-interview feedback were ignored. While the interviewing process was good, these incidents left a seriously foul taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – What's the hardest thing you've ever done? What's the EASIEST thing you've ever done.   Answer Question

Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went well but they chose an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus after having been selected from a resume drop and meeting a few folks from the Chi office. Rd one on campus had 2 back to back 1:1 interviews. One was a case and one was behavioral.

Final round was at Chicago with a whole panel including the office director. Three 1:1 interviews, mostly experience, and a 45 min case which we had to prepare and present to the Chicago office Director and Partner on a chart paper

Interview Question – How can client reduce indirect purchasing costs....   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.