PwC Senior Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I met with several people, some covered technical aspects of the job and others covered soft skills. Pretty easy interviews if you knew what you were doing. I interviewed with people who I ultimately reported to, as well as one stakeholder who was more tangential to the role I am in now.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

I have previous consulting experience, so I talked with several partners and directors besides HR. All but one meeting was via webcam, which I do not prefer. However, all the discussions were pleasant and informative. They seemed interested in learning about my background and experience and answered my questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Prefer a smaller, boutique consulting firm.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume for an open position on the PwC web site. I was initially contacted by a recruiter by phone to schedule a phone interview. When we conducted the call, the recruiter was very professional and pleasant. She gave an overview of the practice area and the position, then asked fairly typical questions, like - "Please give an overview of your career up to this point." Along the way, she asked for additional detail on specific experiences that were most relevant. When we concluded the call, she let me know that she'd speak with the hiring manager(s) and get back to me with an update. It took a little longer than she expected (~ 2 weeks) to get the information she needed, but she was very good about staying in touch with me in the interim. Ultimately, she called and sent an email message to let me know that the position had changed and I wouldn't be considered going forward. Overall, the whole process was handled very professionally.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

lots of questions regarding sales ability, and client base. they were looking for someone to get down and dirty with wp review, plus sell $3mm.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your client base, size of clients, services sold, etc   Answer Question
    • tell me about your most difficult client, how did you deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

the opp did not make sense.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Ask lots of questions about the team culture you're joining. Their are a few teams that don't work well and/or led by a bad partner. Ask about the team dynamics and what is expected of you in the role. How often are you going to have to work late etc..

Interview Questions

• Be prepared answer the question "why you want to work with PwC". They're assessing your ability to deliver a value proposition.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I had two interviews, both in a relaxed and informal style, with rapid communication of the outcome which was pleasing. However that was the easy part because then HR stepped in to do screening that lasted weeks leaving me to wonder what could possibly take so long other than inefficiency of the process.

Negotiation

Do not under value the contribution that you will make.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

The process for me was: Step1: Submit CV. Step2: Online verbal and numeracy test. Step3: Technical interview with another Senior Manager. Step4: Assessment day. Step5: Interview with Partner.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult challenge I faced in the process was to get the written assessment on the assessment day done within the specified amount of time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very slow process and seemed to lack relevance to role. Gave a poor impression of PwC who appeared confused and uncertain as their strategy or direction in area concerned. Got impression they were 'flying a kite' or just trawling.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was badly prepared and to be honest was not interested enough to have even prepared by reading me details. Got impression he was not interested or just unused to conducting interviews at a senior level.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Round 1 was a phone interview which was pretty straightforward - HR type - to gauge behavioural aspects of the candidate. It is conducted by an outsourced agency and lasts about an hour.

Round 2 was a numerical reasoning and English comprehension test administered online - takes about an hour and results are conveyed to the candidate within a day or two. if you've done GMATs etc, you would be familiar with this type of test. The results are shown where you rank for your profile compared to an average range.

Round 3 was a 1 on 1 interview - "technical" interview which is based around your work experience and CV and whether you have the skills / experience necessary to do the job.

Round 4 was a group and written interview - the written exercise takes about an hour, you're given a set of circumstances / case which you have to analyse and present your findings on 1 page - designed to gauge your ability to analyse information and present it in a coherent, structured manner.

the next part of this round was a group exercise, where you are placed in a room with other candidates and all given the same case with different roles to play within that case. The group has to reach a conclusion within an hour and judged by a panel of Directors. You will be fed additional information in the middle of the case study and they see whether or not you share that information with the rest of the group. It's like sitting in a cage / lab and being watched by scientists on your behaviour - very disconcerting and odd and you can never guess how you did!

normally there is one additional round which is an interview with a Partner.

Interview Questions

• NO unexpected questions - usual - the Group session posed no questions, just laminated case material and you were watched on your reaction and discussion.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with HR and 3-4 rounds of inerviews with Associate Directors and Partners

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very difficult negotating.