PwC

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I have previous consulting experience, so I talked with several partners and directors besides HR. All but one meeting was via webcam, which I do not prefer. However, all the discussions were pleasant and informative. They seemed interested in learning about my background and experience and answered my questions thoroughly.

Interview Question – Why PwC?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Prefer a smaller, boutique consulting firm.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume for an open position on the PwC web site. I was initially contacted by a recruiter by phone to schedule a phone interview. When we conducted the call, the recruiter was very professional and pleasant. She gave an overview of the practice area and the position, then asked fairly typical questions, like - "Please give an overview of your career up to this point." Along the way, she asked for additional detail on specific experiences that were most relevant. When we concluded the call, she let me know that she'd speak with the hiring manager(s) and get back to me with an update. It took a little longer than she expected (~ 2 weeks) to get the information she needed, but she was very good about staying in touch with me in the interim. Ultimately, she called and sent an email message to let me know that the position had changed and I wouldn't be considered going forward. Overall, the whole process was handled very professionally.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Interview Details – lots of questions regarding sales ability, and client base. they were looking for someone to get down and dirty with wp review, plus sell $3mm.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your client base, size of clients, services sold, etc   Answer Question
  • tell me about your most difficult client, how did you deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the opp did not make sense.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – I had two interviews, both in a relaxed and informal style, with rapid communication of the outcome which was pleasing. However that was the easy part because then HR stepped in to do screening that lasted weeks leaving me to wonder what could possibly take so long other than inefficiency of the process.

Negotiation Details – Do not under value the contribution that you will make.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 9 months - interviewed at PwC in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1st round - online numerical and reasoning testing
2nd round - telephone interview based questions around the firms values
3rd round - Group exercise: 1st part write a report, 2nd part discuss the case study
4th round - Senior Manager interview
5th round - Partner interview

Interview Question – Difficult questions arises from technical questions - you really need to know the area you are applying for because any weakness identified in your first interview will be re-visited in the second interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruitment consultant handled negotiations for me.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process for me was: Step1: Submit CV. Step2: Online verbal and numeracy test. Step3: Technical interview with another Senior Manager. Step4: Assessment day. Step5: Interview with Partner.

Interview Question – The most difficult challenge I faced in the process was to get the written assessment on the assessment day done within the specified amount of time.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very slow process and seemed to lack relevance to role. Gave a poor impression of PwC who appeared confused and uncertain as their strategy or direction in area concerned. Got impression they were 'flying a kite' or just trawling.

Interview Question – Interviewer was badly prepared and to be honest was not interested enough to have even prepared by reading me details. Got impression he was not interested or just unused to conducting interviews at a senior level.   View Answer

Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – PwC's strong brand attracted my attention. Interview process included initial interview with HR, then mid management then senior management. Overall the hiring process was well organised and smooth.

Interview Question – How do you think out of the box?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with HR and 3-4 rounds of inerviews with Associate Directors and Partners

Interview Question – Top 5 risks within your industry of specilaization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult negotating.

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details – First informal interview in a cafe with a Director in the group I had approached speculatively via email. Officially this should have been followed by two further formal interviews, but based on the fact I was a senior experienced hire with 18 years experience they decided to do this in one session. It was quite straightforward with another Director from the same group, who had a specialist background similar to mine. The offer arrived by phone call the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do your repeat business clients come back to you?   View Answer
  • Will you be comfortable working in a role at a level more junior than your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was well below my current salary but as I was somewhat changing career and retraining I was expecting this. However I was able to negotiate the basic upwards a little, about 5%.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.