PwC

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details – PwC was great about the interview process. I turned in my application through a campus recruiter, and heard back in around 3 weeks about a first round interview. A few days before the interview, we were given information about a reception that was optional- attend these! It's a great way to learn about the company and the culture and projects. Associates were incredibly welcoming and insightful. I appreciated their honest and enthusiasm.
First round was one behavioral interview- nothing crazy- mostly talking about my experiences, what i liked and disliked about consulting.
On Monday I was given offer for second interview that Friday. Was given a case for 48 hours and I would suggest reviewing that extensively. Have your notes and thoughts prepared for a presentation. Second round included 45 minutes to prepare for case interview, and then a combination of two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral were situational based and asking how my experiences related to consulting. They were very conversational and interviewers were interested in your experience and friendly.
Heard back about a week later.

Interview Question – What was a time that you mentored someone and that someone mentored you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still in negotiations, I told them I may have other offers and they are giving me a month to make a decision- pretty generous. And they want to work with me to answer any questions.

Summer Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interview. 1st HR round for 10 mins. 2nd HR round again for 10 mins. Both these rounds were behavioral. Next round was with Director and was work experienced focussed. This round questions were deep and mainly client facing.

Interview Question – Client facing questions   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied through the school, scheduled for a later time at 2:30pm. They called me to move me to an 8:30 am time. Had a small group of recently graduated employees there to answer questions before the interview began. Not an extremely pleasant experience.

Interview Question – What is a time you had great difficulty with teammates and what was the result?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Interview Details – On-campus recruiting set up first round interviews with both a manager and a partner. Both were friendly and the interview was more of a "get to know you" than any in-depth check on my resume. Follow up with the recruiter lasted several weeks, eventually leading to a fly-out for 2nd round interview in-office. Met with two managers and a partner and the interviews were strictly behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience you worked with a team you didn't like and how were you able to change the situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lower pay than other Big 4 offers

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – First round interview consisted of two, 30 min interviews with managers. Second round with 2 principals, both of whom were pretty intimidating. Also had a case study in the 2nd round interview. Bombed the case study because it caught me off guard a bit. Needless to say I didn't get the offer.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process wasn't too bad. I interviewed on campus, then was invited to a superday at the New York City office in which I was interviewed by three employees. One was a manager, one was a partner, and one was HR. It took 3-5 days after by superday for them to get back to me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you worked in a team and someone was not pulling their weight. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Very well organized and respectful. The assignment was interesting and many opportunities to network with PwC employees. Transportation and housing was a problem for me because I rented a place near the PwC office but the client office was more than 60 miles away (no car and good mass transit.) Made for very very long days and multiple buses.

Interview Question – The case analysis question was unrealistic and insufficient data to perform a meaningful analysis.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the school's job posting and was invited to an interview within a few days of applying. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before. There were two separate half hour interviews, one with a partner and the other with a manager. The interview focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Question – all standard questions   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process for Management Consulting internship

1st Apply online and answer a written question 250 word limit. Make sure to write something good because selection starts here and many people fail the question

2) Phone interview with HR only experienced based.

3) Assessment center in HQ.
- Group exercise
- 1:1 experience based interview 1hour
- Numerical and Logic test 20 questions 20 minutes

4) get HR phone call with feedback and offer within a week

Overall feeling: Efficient and well designed process, if not a bit informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a weakness of yours   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had to lead a group and convince people of doing something they were against.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was mainly 2 interviewers. 1 partner and 1 human resources officer. The Hr person was mainly for behaviour type questions like teamwork, initiative, leadership. So you can describe any extracurricular activities. Whereas, the partner just told me to tell me about yourself and this was the only question asked. This was to get a sense of yoru character

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!