PwC Summer Associate Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

PwC was great about the interview process. I turned in my application through a campus recruiter, and heard back in around 3 weeks about a first round interview. A few days before the interview, we were given information about a reception that was optional- attend these! It's a great way to learn about the company and the culture and projects. Associates were incredibly welcoming and insightful. I appreciated their honest and enthusiasm. First round was one behavioral interview- nothing crazy- mostly talking about my experiences, what i liked and disliked about consulting. On Monday I was given offer for second interview that Friday. Was given a case for 48 hours and I would suggest reviewing that extensively. Have your notes and thoughts prepared for a presentation. Second round included 45 minutes to prepare for case interview, and then a combination of two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral were situational based and asking how my experiences related to consulting. They were very conversational and interviewers were interested in your experience and friendly. Heard back about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you mentored someone and that someone mentored you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in negotiations, I told them I may have other offers and they are giving me a month to make a decision- pretty generous. And they want to work with me to answer any questions.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. 1st HR round for 10 mins. 2nd HR round again for 10 mins. Both these rounds were behavioral. Next round was with Director and was work experienced focussed. This round questions were deep and mainly client facing.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through the school, scheduled for a later time at 2:30pm. They called me to move me to an 8:30 am time. Had a small group of recently graduated employees there to answer questions before the interview began. Not an extremely pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had great difficulty with teammates and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

On-campus recruiting set up first round interviews with both a manager and a partner. Both were friendly and the interview was more of a "get to know you" than any in-depth check on my resume. Follow up with the recruiter lasted several weeks, eventually leading to a fly-out for 2nd round interview in-office. Met with two managers and a partner and the interviews were strictly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you worked with a team you didn't like and how were you able to change the situation?   Answer Question

Lower pay than other Big 4 offers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two, 30 min interviews with managers. Second round with 2 principals, both of whom were pretty intimidating. Also had a case study in the 2nd round interview. Bombed the case study because it caught me off guard a bit. Needless to say I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The hiring process wasn't too bad. I interviewed on campus, then was invited to a superday at the New York City office in which I was interviewed by three employees. One was a manager, one was a partner, and one was HR. It took 3-5 days after by superday for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in a team and someone was not pulling their weight. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very well organized and respectful. The assignment was interesting and many opportunities to network with PwC employees. Transportation and housing was a problem for me because I rented a place near the PwC office but the client office was more than 60 miles away (no car and good mass transit.) Made for very very long days and multiple buses.

Interview Questions

• The case analysis question was unrealistic and insufficient data to perform a meaningful analysis.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied through the school's job posting and was invited to an interview within a few days of applying. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before. There were two separate half hour interviews, one with a partner and the other with a manager. The interview focused on behavioral questions.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview process for Management Consulting internship 1st Apply online and answer a written question 250 word limit. Make sure to write something good because selection starts here and many people fail the question 2) Phone interview with HR only experienced based. 3) Assessment center in HQ. - Group exercise - 1:1 experience based interview 1hour - Numerical and Logic test 20 questions 20 minutes 4) get HR phone call with feedback and offer within a week Overall feeling: Efficient and well designed process, if not a bit informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a weakness of yours   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to lead a group and convince people of doing something they were against.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

It was mainly 2 interviewers. 1 partner and 1 human resources officer. The Hr person was mainly for behaviour type questions like teamwork, initiative, leadership. So you can describe any extracurricular activities. Whereas, the partner just told me to tell me about yourself and this was the only question asked. This was to get a sense of yoru character