PwC Summer Intern Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Resume Drop; Pre-Interview Networking Night; Behavioral Interview; Super-day

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

On campus interview and in office interview including lunch with lower level employees.

Interview Questions
    • All of it was behavioral. The part that tripped up most people was the meal. People didn't realize that was still part of the interview and they should behave. People would go crazy ordering a bunch of food cuz PWC was paying or they would lack all table manners.   View Answer
    They give a set offer for each position in each city for all entry-level positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Met with PwC at two career fairs on campus before applying to the posting in our undergrad career services. I was invited to the first round interviews, held in the career services office. Greeters did an excellent job entertaining questions and small talk before the interview. I was invited to the second round interviews which will be held in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced adversity in a group situation. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

There was an initial 30 minute information session with several other students in which they described some of the culture of the company. Then we were all taken to a restaurant in an adjacent hotel for lunch to talk with some previous summer interns.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a way in which you have made an effort to build a network and immerse yourself in a variety of cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I met with recruiters throughout college and finally had an interview my first semester senior year. The first interview was very standard questions. Questions included group projects, leadership roles, and extracurricular activities. For the second round office interviews, it was more of a "getting to know you" interview. The interviewees wanted to know more about me as a person and why I wanted to work at PWC and not another Big Four Firm.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what major I would be if I wasn't an accounting major.   Answer Question

I received an offer closer to my hometown that I prefered.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicosia (Cyprus)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicosia (Cyprus)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in April 2013.

We had to fill in an online application form outlining previous academic record and extracurricular activities. The form also included general competency questions directed at the values of the firm and how each applicant felt they fit in with the corporate culture. The interview was mainly focused on why I waned to pursue the career of a chartered accountant.

Interview Questions
    there was nothing to negotiate, as it was a summer internship

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

Telephone interview with HR

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

1. Numerical and non-verbal tests, same as previously sat online.
    2. Written case study.
    3. Group interview.
    4. Case interview. (market sizing + profitability)
    5. Competency interview.

2 was extremely time pressured, be careful. Bring a watch!
    4 went badly for me, but was generally not too difficult. Helpful interviewer.
    5 competency interview was fairly laid back and relaxed, nice.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in April 2011.

PwC were very professional from the beginning of the process, and soon booked me in for an interview after the psychometric tests online. On the day, there was the primary interview with an HR representative and a director followed by an office tour and a more informal chat with a PwC partner. The firm took less than a week to offer me a place in their internship programme which was great considering other offers were on the table.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have been disappointed with negative feedback you have received. How did you respond to this feedback?   View Answer
    N/A