PwC Summer Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

The interview was simple and straightforward. Basic questions about past experiences/resume, etc. Some basic behavioral questions. No case questions or anything tricky. However, the interviewer really liked the candidate before me, and was quite rude to me. He messed up my name three times in the interview (I have a very common name, he just did not put in the effort to remember it) and was overall quite rude. This doesn't seem like a company where people are happy working.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

2 stages for the interview and hiring process, one on campus and one in the Chicago office. The on the Chicago has 3 interviews while the one on campus is just a conversation with a partner.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had to get someone to agree with you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

Resume Drop; Pre-Interview Networking Night; Behavioral Interview; Super-day

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

On campus interview and in office interview including lunch with lower level employees.

Interview Questions
    • All of it was behavioral. The part that tripped up most people was the meal. People didn't realize that was still part of the interview and they should behave. People would go crazy ordering a bunch of food cuz PWC was paying or they would lack all table manners.   View Answer
    They give a set offer for each position in each city for all entry-level positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Met with PwC at two career fairs on campus before applying to the posting in our undergrad career services. I was invited to the first round interviews, held in the career services office. Greeters did an excellent job entertaining questions and small talk before the interview. I was invited to the second round interviews which will be held in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced adversity in a group situation. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

There was an initial 30 minute information session with several other students in which they described some of the culture of the company. Then we were all taken to a restaurant in an adjacent hotel for lunch to talk with some previous summer interns.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a way in which you have made an effort to build a network and immerse yourself in a variety of cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I met with recruiters throughout college and finally had an interview my first semester senior year. The first interview was very standard questions. Questions included group projects, leadership roles, and extracurricular activities. For the second round office interviews, it was more of a "getting to know you" interview. The interviewees wanted to know more about me as a person and why I wanted to work at PWC and not another Big Four Firm.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what major I would be if I wasn't an accounting major.   Answer Question

I received an offer closer to my hometown that I prefered.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nicosia (Cyprus)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicosia (Cyprus)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

We had to fill in an online application form outlining previous academic record and extracurricular activities. The form also included general competency questions directed at the values of the firm and how each applicant felt they fit in with the corporate culture. The interview was mainly focused on why I waned to pursue the career of a chartered accountant.

Interview Questions
    there was nothing to negotiate, as it was a summer internship

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Telephone interview with HR

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

1. Numerical and non-verbal tests, same as previously sat online.
    2. Written case study.
    3. Group interview.
    4. Case interview. (market sizing + profitability)
    5. Competency interview.

2 was extremely time pressured, be careful. Bring a watch!
    4 went badly for me, but was generally not too difficult. Helpful interviewer.
    5 competency interview was fairly laid back and relaxed, nice.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!