PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Interview

Summer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – 2 stages for the interview and hiring process, one on campus and one in the Chicago office. The on the Chicago has 3 interviews while the one on campus is just a conversation with a partner.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time when you had to get someone to agree with you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and straightforward. Basic questions about past experiences/resume, etc. Some basic behavioral questions. No case questions or anything tricky. However, the interviewer really liked the candidate before me, and was quite rude to me. He messed up my name three times in the interview (I have a very common name, he just did not put in the effort to remember it) and was overall quite rude. This doesn't seem like a company where people are happy working.

Interview Question – What accomplishment are you most proud of in college?   Answer Question

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Resume Drop; Pre-Interview Networking Night; Behavioral Interview; Super-day

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with PwC at two career fairs on campus before applying to the posting in our undergrad career services. I was invited to the first round interviews, held in the career services office. Greeters did an excellent job entertaining questions and small talk before the interview. I was invited to the second round interviews which will be held in the office.

Interview Question – Name a time when you faced adversity in a group situation. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On campus interview and in office interview including lunch with lower level employees.

Interview Question – All of it was behavioral. The part that tripped up most people was the meal. People didn't realize that was still part of the interview and they should behave. People would go crazy ordering a bunch of food cuz PWC was paying or they would lack all table manners.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give a set offer for each position in each city for all entry-level positions

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I met with recruiters throughout college and finally had an interview my first semester senior year. The first interview was very standard questions. Questions included group projects, leadership roles, and extracurricular activities. For the second round office interviews, it was more of a "getting to know you" interview. The interviewees wanted to know more about me as a person and why I wanted to work at PWC and not another Big Four Firm.

Interview Question – I was asked what major I would be if I wasn't an accounting major.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer closer to my hometown that I prefered.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – There was an initial 30 minute information session with several other students in which they described some of the culture of the company. Then we were all taken to a restaurant in an adjacent hotel for lunch to talk with some previous summer interns.

Interview Question – Talk about a way in which you have made an effort to build a network and immerse yourself in a variety of cultures.   Answer Question

Nicosia (Cyprus)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – We had to fill in an online application form outlining previous academic record and extracurricular activities. The form also included general competency questions directed at the values of the firm and how each applicant felt they fit in with the corporate culture. The interview was mainly focused on why I waned to pursue the career of a chartered accountant.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 15 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was nothing to negotiate, as it was a summer internship

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with HR

Interview Question – What are your most ideal clients?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Numerical and non-verbal tests, same as previously sat online.
2. Written case study.
3. Group interview.
4. Case interview. (market sizing + profitability)
5. Competency interview.

2 was extremely time pressured, be careful. Bring a watch!
4 went badly for me, but was generally not too difficult. Helpful interviewer.
5 competency interview was fairly laid back and relaxed, nice.

Interview Question – Who are PwC's clients? By name.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!