PwC

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Resume Drop; Pre-Interview Networking Night; Behavioral Interview; Super-day

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with PwC at two career fairs on campus before applying to the posting in our undergrad career services. I was invited to the first round interviews, held in the career services office. Greeters did an excellent job entertaining questions and small talk before the interview. I was invited to the second round interviews which will be held in the office.

Interview Question – Name a time when you faced adversity in a group situation. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On campus interview and in office interview including lunch with lower level employees.

Interview Question – All of it was behavioral. The part that tripped up most people was the meal. People didn't realize that was still part of the interview and they should behave. People would go crazy ordering a bunch of food cuz PWC was paying or they would lack all table manners.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give a set offer for each position in each city for all entry-level positions

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I met with recruiters throughout college and finally had an interview my first semester senior year. The first interview was very standard questions. Questions included group projects, leadership roles, and extracurricular activities. For the second round office interviews, it was more of a "getting to know you" interview. The interviewees wanted to know more about me as a person and why I wanted to work at PWC and not another Big Four Firm.

Interview Question – I was asked what major I would be if I wasn't an accounting major.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer closer to my hometown that I prefered.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – There was an initial 30 minute information session with several other students in which they described some of the culture of the company. Then we were all taken to a restaurant in an adjacent hotel for lunch to talk with some previous summer interns.

Interview Question – Talk about a way in which you have made an effort to build a network and immerse yourself in a variety of cultures.   Answer Question

Nicosia (Cyprus)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – We had to fill in an online application form outlining previous academic record and extracurricular activities. The form also included general competency questions directed at the values of the firm and how each applicant felt they fit in with the corporate culture. The interview was mainly focused on why I waned to pursue the career of a chartered accountant.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 15 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was nothing to negotiate, as it was a summer internship

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with HR

Interview Question – What are your most ideal clients?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Numerical and non-verbal tests, same as previously sat online.
2. Written case study.
3. Group interview.
4. Case interview. (market sizing + profitability)
5. Competency interview.

2 was extremely time pressured, be careful. Bring a watch!
4 went badly for me, but was generally not too difficult. Helpful interviewer.
5 competency interview was fairly laid back and relaxed, nice.

Interview Question – Who are PwC's clients? By name.   Answer Question

Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Interview Details – PwC were very professional from the beginning of the process, and soon booked me in for an interview after the psychometric tests online. On the day, there was the primary interview with an HR representative and a director followed by an office tour and a more informal chat with a PwC partner. The firm took less than a week to offer me a place in their internship programme which was great considering other offers were on the table.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have been disappointed with negative feedback you have received. How did you respond to this feedback?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.