PwC

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.8

120 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with multiple employees with different titles. The interviewers were all friendly. I expected to meet with more but giving the timing and the holidays, I only met with 3. I believe I would have been in a better position had I met with more partners that were responsible for hiring associates within the group.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

There was significant discussion regarding how to netowrk as well as talkw ith individuals. I thought overall it was very easy and laid back. Got to discuss current issues in the world and bring in outside knowledge regarding our discussion.

Interview Questions
    • People say that some of the work we are doing is wrong and can hurt others. It is simply creating and certifying the 1%. What is your opinion on this stance?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

A campus contacts me for a phone interview after I applied online. We scheduled a 30 mins interview. It is all about behavioral based questions. For example, tell me a time when you have to deal with lots of staff and how you handle them. Tell me about your experience of working with difficult people and how did you persuade them.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I was first interviewed on campus and was invited for an office visit and pre-interview dinner. The experience on the whole was great. I was interviewed by a partner, associate director and manager separately. Very thorough questions to assess the potential of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How has your networking skills helped you in difficult situations?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

They grilled me about my grades. It was frustrating and insulting. Even if they love you at the interviews and events it's all about numbers to them at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult situation what did you do   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with a Partner and Human Resources. It was a quick interview to go over my education, resume, and skills I have attained throughout my other jobs. Spoke briefly about college and was a good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • A bit intimidating for an interview, but the questions were pretty basic. Just have a positive attitude and drive to succeed.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Did the whole on campus recruiting/networking it was pretty easy. Just be yourself. Next, PwC had a lot of socials where you meet a lot of professionals. Every interview I had was all conversational and did not get one behavioral question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

2 consecutive days. One business casual super day for networking etc. Then the following day was 3 back to back interviews with partners and managers. All very nice people. Great environment. Very comfortable.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Started with a phone interview and then went through a typical superday. The night before superday was the dinner. There were three guides at each table, each with six associates. This was the first part of the process. On the actual superday there was a presentation and roundtable followed by three interviews and an office tour. I interviewed with a partner, director and manager. All were easily approachable and there was very little in the way of technical questions. It was all behavioral and about fit at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the questions about technical capabilities. It was in one interview and made it feel stilted, especially when they have their own systems that they are often using anyway.   Answer Question