PwC

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I've got my first round PwC interview on Wednesday. They just asked some general questions. 20 mins. Applied thru campus and went to NYC. Describe a time you were under stress ? Why tax? Why PWC?

Tax Associate Interview

Spoke on the phone with a partner for about 30 minutes. Flew me to the Dallas office for an in-person interview. Interviewed with 2 partners, 2 directors, a manager, and a senior associate all in one day. Very relaxed interview process, all very nice. Feeling out whether or not I would fit into the team's atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly conversational, but most difficult question would be: why PwC over a law firm?   Answer Question
    Still negotiating salary.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with multiple employees with different titles. The interviewers were all friendly. I expected to meet with more but giving the timing and the holidays, I only met with 3. I believe I would have been in a better position had I met with more partners that were responsible for hiring associates within the group.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

There was significant discussion regarding how to netowrk as well as talkw ith individuals. I thought overall it was very easy and laid back. Got to discuss current issues in the world and bring in outside knowledge regarding our discussion.

Interview Questions
    • People say that some of the work we are doing is wrong and can hurt others. It is simply creating and certifying the 1%. What is your opinion on this stance?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

A campus contacts me for a phone interview after I applied online. We scheduled a 30 mins interview. It is all about behavioral based questions. For example, tell me a time when you have to deal with lots of staff and how you handle them. Tell me about your experience of working with difficult people and how did you persuade them.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I was first interviewed on campus and was invited for an office visit and pre-interview dinner. The experience on the whole was great. I was interviewed by a partner, associate director and manager separately. Very thorough questions to assess the potential of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How has your networking skills helped you in difficult situations?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

They grilled me about my grades. It was frustrating and insulting. Even if they love you at the interviews and events it's all about numbers to them at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult situation what did you do   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with a Partner and Human Resources. It was a quick interview to go over my education, resume, and skills I have attained throughout my other jobs. Spoke briefly about college and was a good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • A bit intimidating for an interview, but the questions were pretty basic. Just have a positive attitude and drive to succeed.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Did the whole on campus recruiting/networking it was pretty easy. Just be yourself. Next, PwC had a lot of socials where you meet a lot of professionals. Every interview I had was all conversational and did not get one behavioral question.