PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.8

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

through the university recruiting, then pre interview dinner night, partner are graduate from our university, most of employee who had dinner with us are graduate from our college. on campus interview. the interview questions are basic, tell me about yourself. i did not get second round. so...

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

two days of interviews. Impressive tour. PwC strangely opted to have no tax attorneys interview me and failed to pair me with a tax attorney for the events... even though I actually went to school with several.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to an accountant why a lawyer would want to get into tax.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I send job application to pwc's website and through campus career center. One campus interview which is mainly about behavior questions. The manager is very nice and friendly. I do not got the second-round interview.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2014.

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

resume screening,
    interview with hiring manager,
    interview with director and partner.

Tax Associate Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and they were really helpful.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview process was quite simple. Just need to 'be yourself' and confident.

Interview Questions
    • During my interview, there was no such unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Went through campus recruiting. Wanted to work in the NYC office, had to go through recruitment through my school to get a referral to NYC.

The Process:

The recruiter and some staff members would randomly have events on campus. Events consisted of mock interviews, resume review and tabling. I attempted to at least stop one or two so she would know who I am.

Career fair the recruiter wasn't there during the time I was there but I handed my resume to a staff person and asked him a couple questions.

Selected for an on campus interview. There is a pre-night event. Slightly informal, but was being watched the whole time. I spoke to the guy who was going to interview me the night before. Had some general questions that I have for events like these, "How long have you been with the firm?" "What is a day in the life like?" etc. but also talked about things that had nothing to do with accounting. Laughed and talked for a little while, then did the same with the recruiter etc.

Campus interview: Asked behavioral questions "Tell me a time you didn't meet a deadline" "Tell me a time you had to think on your feet" etc. In my situation I was specifically asked why NYC? Made sure to ask him some questions back.

Received an email a week or so later saying Congratulations you have been selected for a PwC NYC office interview. Didn't hear back from them for probably two weeks. Received a call on a Thursday to ask if I could be in NYC on Monday to interview at the NYC office.

Office interview:

Starts with breakfast, very informal. I knew no one there but made sure to start up convo's with some of the interviewees, laughed and talked with them. The recruiter came by introduced herself had a couple moments for a conversation with her.

Presentation/Panel - opportunity to ask questions. I always try to ask at least one question that makes people think or that shows a genuine interest in being a member of the firm.

Assigned an "office buddy" who will take you from interview to interview. I made sure to ask him about himself, how he liked his job, and other random questions. Also want to talk to him about stuff that doesn't have to do with accounting or work. Met other staff members and spoke with them about the job and non job related stuff.

Interviews: I had three interviews. Each interview was about 30 mins long. One with a manager from another service line, the Partner of the area I was going to work, a senior manager from the area I was going to work. All had general behavioral questions, asked me questions about what I had done on my resume, (Know your resume, know why you want to work for the firm, how what you have done before can be applied to what you would do) why I wanted to work in NYC, etc. I asked them questions about what they do, do they like what they do, challenges, opportunities etc.

After my last interview my buddy took me to his work area to wait for the other buddies/interviewees we were going to walk to lunch with. Made a point to make conversation with the other buddies and interviewees. On the walk to the restaurant took the time to laugh and talk with another buddy besides mine, ask some questions, talk about the city etc.

Lunch is more relaxed but I didn't forget I am being watched. Made small talk wit the interviewee beside me, sat back more and let the staff members carry the conversation but contributed here and there. After lunch said my goodbyes/thank yous to my buddy, and the other staff members.

Received a call about 2 - 3 hrs later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any technical questions. Most of the questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. Asked mostly about my resume, a behavioral question or two and then it was more conversational.   Answer Question

The firm is great, the people I met were great, but I felt a better fit at another Big 4 firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I had 1 on-campus interview with a Director and then 2 office interviews with a Manager and a Partner. A Senior Associate and Director also took me out for lunch as part of the 2nd round interview process. Most of the questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or technical questions were asked. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume.   Answer Question
    They had a standard starting salary and signing bonus. I did not negotiate.