PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

2.8

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Recruitment process started with sending cover letter and resume to somebody I knew in the firm, who then forwarded those materials to HR and the tax team. Had a phone interview with one of the managers shortly afterwards. A few weeks later, I interviewed at the office with two partners and a staff member. Office was located within a skyscraper. Interviewers mostly asked traditional interview questions rather than behavioral or situation questions. Interview concluded with lunch with two associates. Received job offer two weeks later; however, I was required to reply within a limited period of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

They are looking to make sure you are a fit for their group. "can i stand to work with this person 18 hours day" is a question which i think is going through their head as they ask canned HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Need to make sure you do as much research as possible about the group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a year or more - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

On-Campus Interview (1), then in office interviews (usually 2 or 3, with manager and partners)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, easy behavorial questions. Mostly asking about you and why you want to join the firm   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Interviewers were interested in individual experiences and personalities to determine whether or not potential candidates are a fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many technical questions. Be prepared to interview with multiple people one on one.   Answer Question

resume screening,
    interview with hiring manager,
    interview with director and partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

campus interview and onsite

Interview Questions
    • Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

It was very open ended. We just had a conversation. It was low-key.

Interview Questions
    None. It was take it or leave it with 2 weeks to decide.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!