PwC

Average Difficulty
93 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – Recruitment process started with sending cover letter and resume to somebody I knew in the firm, who then forwarded those materials to HR and the tax team. Had a phone interview with one of the managers shortly afterwards. A few weeks later, I interviewed at the office with two partners and a staff member. Office was located within a skyscraper. Interviewers mostly asked traditional interview questions rather than behavioral or situation questions. Interview concluded with lunch with two associates. Received job offer two weeks later; however, I was required to reply within a limited period of time.

Interview Question – Why did we not pick you up earlier?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – They are looking to make sure you are a fit for their group. "can i stand to work with this person 18 hours day" is a question which i think is going through their head as they ask canned HR questions

Interview Question – Need to make sure you do as much research as possible about the group.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a year or more - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – On-Campus Interview (1), then in office interviews (usually 2 or 3, with manager and partners)

Interview Question – Nothing really, easy behavorial questions. Mostly asking about you and why you want to join the firm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

Interview Question – How do you know it will be a good fit?   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewers were interested in individual experiences and personalities to determine whether or not potential candidates are a fit for the team.

Interview Question – There weren't many technical questions. Be prepared to interview with multiple people one on one.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – resume screening,
interview with hiring manager,
interview with director and partner.

Interview Question – Why do you change the field of your study and career?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – campus interview and onsite

Interview Question – Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was very open ended. We just had a conversation. It was low-key.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. It was take it or leave it with 2 weeks to decide.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR and they were really helpful.

Interview Question – Why accounting? Why tax over audit?   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite simple. Just need to 'be yourself' and confident.

Interview Question – During my interview, there was no such unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Tax Associate interview questions and advice. All 93 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.