PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Pre-interview process: Applied through university career site. Found out I got an interview about a week later. First round interview was about a week after that. 1st round interview: Had a networking session the night before the interview on campus. Met with several associates, managers, a director and a partner. I honestly think this was one of the reasons why I eventually got an offer - because I networked my @$$ off. Next day, I had a 30-minute interview with the partner who I had met the previous night. Asked really basic questions about my resume and experience. Found out the next day that I had been selected for super-day that would be 2 weeks later. Super-day interviews: Had a dinner with some of the staff the night before at a nice restaurant. Grabbed a glass of white wine and immediately found 2 partners to talk to (again, networking my @$$ off). Then ate dinner and chatted with one of the partners, an associate, and a couple of the other interviewees. The next day, we all got breakfast with a bunch of associates. After we walked to the office, sat through a 30-minute presentation, and immediately were put through 3 30-minute interviews, first with a director, and then with 2 managers. The interviews were all pretty basic, asking about my resume, experience, and then asking some behavioral questions "because they had to." Afterwards, I was brought to a room where they gave me sheets about all the details of working (health benefits, tech benefits, etc.). Then all of the interviewees and some associates walked to a nearby restaurant and got lunch at a nice restaurant. THEN we walked back to the office and sat through another 30-minute presentation. And THEN, FINALLY, the interview was over. I found out the next Monday that I had been extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and it took me 3 weeks to get the response. The employer was very friendly and it seems that they have a great corporation culture.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

PwC has certain "values" and they would ask you questions based on those values, which are competency, leadership, experience (emphasized more on leadership behavior questions). Overall are behavioral questions or questions based on your resume. Know every details that you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you put your value into the project.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. My resume was handed in by an employee whom was a classmate of mine. HR emailed me a few weeks later to set up a phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few questions about my resume followed by a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then had the phone interview with one of the tax manager. Received the second round invitation one week later. The phone interview was just basic behavior questions and back ground check.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college's career website. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 1 interview with partner, 1 interview with director and 1 interview with manager. They assigned a buddy to help you go through the process. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via phone on Monday. Overall process went really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help. Know your resume very well.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions

• what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I've got my first round PwC interview on Wednesday. They just asked some general questions. 20 mins. Applied thru campus and went to NYC. Describe a time you were under stress ? Why tax? Why PWC?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Multi-person interview, striving to find a four stage component of each candidate. I don't remember it from the follow up briefing, but some were technical knowledge, leadership, et alia.the stuff was incredibly professional and accommodating. They interviews were much more personal than substantive in material. It was obvious that PWC was striving to find quality people to train and mentor, overall the process although it took several weeks was limited stress.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the location?   1 Answer