PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through college's career website. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 1 interview with partner, 1 interview with director and 1 interview with manager. They assigned a buddy to help you go through the process. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via phone on Monday. Overall process went really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help. Know your resume very well.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I've got my first round PwC interview on Wednesday. They just asked some general questions. 20 mins. Applied thru campus and went to NYC. Describe a time you were under stress ? Why tax? Why PWC?

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Applied through my university. We were scheduled for 30 minute interviews. I spent the first few minutes talking about myself before the interviewers asked any questions. It was a pretty easy and low-key interview. The interview went smoothly and it was very conversational and we spent several minutes discussing the office dynamics and my role within the firm.

Interview Questions
    • What type of work environment do you prefer?
      How would you like to spend your work days?
      What would you do if you knew a co-worker was leaking confidential client information?

Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Spoke on the phone with a partner for about 30 minutes. Flew me to the Dallas office for an in-person interview. Interviewed with 2 partners, 2 directors, a manager, and a senior associate all in one day. Very relaxed interview process, all very nice. Feeling out whether or not I would fit into the team's atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly conversational, but most difficult question would be: why PwC over a law firm?   Answer Question
    Still negotiating salary.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with multiple employees with different titles. The interviewers were all friendly. I expected to meet with more but giving the timing and the holidays, I only met with 3. I believe I would have been in a better position had I met with more partners that were responsible for hiring associates within the group.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

There was significant discussion regarding how to netowrk as well as talkw ith individuals. I thought overall it was very easy and laid back. Got to discuss current issues in the world and bring in outside knowledge regarding our discussion.

Interview Questions
    • People say that some of the work we are doing is wrong and can hurt others. It is simply creating and certifying the 1%. What is your opinion on this stance?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

A campus contacts me for a phone interview after I applied online. We scheduled a 30 mins interview. It is all about behavioral based questions. For example, tell me a time when you have to deal with lots of staff and how you handle them. Tell me about your experience of working with difficult people and how did you persuade them.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I was first interviewed on campus and was invited for an office visit and pre-interview dinner. The experience on the whole was great. I was interviewed by a partner, associate director and manager separately. Very thorough questions to assess the potential of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How has your networking skills helped you in difficult situations?   Answer Question