PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I met with a Senior Associate, Director, and a Partner for 30 minute interviews each. The interview with the Senior Associate consisted of three behavioral questions, while the interviews with the Director and Partner consisted of more traditional conversational interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to teach something new to someone and the processes you employed. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I applied for this positing early in October, I submitted the online application. Soon after I received an email inviting me to testing. Here is the whole processed for Belgrade office:

- First phase is skills, English and IQ tests
    - Second phase is group exercise
    - Third phase is Line manager and HR manager interview
    - Final phase is interview with a LoS Partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

It all started off as a referral to go to a cocktail hour where several partners from Florham Park, NJ and Stamford, Ct were going to be present. I got to know a few people who eventually showed interest in me. An interview was given to me 2 days following: This consisted of a panel of questions of my past experiences and some behavioral situations (name an experience where you had to work under pressure and resolved it.)

After going through the first round I got another interview (this time on the phone) from higher above. It was my first phone interview and I was reasonably nervous. But I prepared wrote a small spiel of things I wanted to talk about, accomplishments and in less than 20 minutes I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table at PwC that you think other people wouldn't be able to bring?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at PwC?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with one of the managers. He was a nice guy, asked a few behavioral questions, but didn't seem very interested in considering me as a candidate. He kept repeating about how the position is very competitive and how the selection process works, should have expected what was coming my way then.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a scenario where a teammate was not pulling their weight on a project?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in May 2012.

I had 2 interviews: first one on campus and the second one- superday in the office with 2 managers and a partner.

Interview Questions
    I didnt even try. This is my forst job straight out of campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Initially I had a phone interview, and was told back that I would hear back in a week. Exactly a week later, I was asked to come in for a mini "superday" at the New York office with a couple of other candidates. There I had one on one interviews with a Partner, Director, and Manager. My first interview was with the partner and it was pretty laid back. He wants to see if you would be a good fit and if you could add value to the group. My interview with the director was the most specific and I was faced with a good amount of technical questions regarding the group I was interviewing for. Also there were a good amount of behavioral questions as well. My interview with the manager was similar with that of the director as I was again faced with some technical questions and behavioral questions. I was called the next day with an offer. All in all I would make sure you know specifics about the group you are going for and be able to use your experiences to show how you can add value. Remember to stay calm and be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Started with a phone interview with an HR rep who was really nice. We chatted for about 45 minutes and he told me I was his number one candidate and set up an in person for the following week. I met with two a manager and the person I would be replacing for lunch. They took me to a nice restaurant near by and we talked and chatted about the position. Mostly them informing me on what the position consisted of. I then had 4, 30 minute interviews with various managers and a partner. They were all really nice and didn't ask me anything too difficult. I felt it went extremely well. A few days later they told me that it was down to me and one other person and they wanted to have one more phone interview to make a decision. They wanted to know my background a little more and see how it applied to the position and asked me a difficult question I stumbled over a little. I didn't get the job but they liked me and said they will keep in mind. I am currently in the process of interviewing for a different position with them.