PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for this positing early in October, I submitted the online application. Soon after I received an email inviting me to testing. Here is the whole processed for Belgrade office: - First phase is skills, English and IQ tests - Second phase is group exercise - Third phase is Line manager and HR manager interview - Final phase is interview with a LoS Partner

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with an HR rep who was really nice. We chatted for about 45 minutes and he told me I was his number one candidate and set up an in person for the following week. I met with two a manager and the person I would be replacing for lunch. They took me to a nice restaurant near by and we talked and chatted about the position. Mostly them informing me on what the position consisted of. I then had 4, 30 minute interviews with various managers and a partner. They were all really nice and didn't ask me anything too difficult. I felt it went extremely well. A few days later they told me that it was down to me and one other person and they wanted to have one more phone interview to make a decision. They wanted to know my background a little more and see how it applied to the position and asked me a difficult question I stumbled over a little. I didn't get the job but they liked me and said they will keep in mind. I am currently in the process of interviewing for a different position with them.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. Seemed like only those who were invited to the second round of interviews were contacted after the interview

Interview Questions

• Don't fit the mole of the typical college graduate. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and did a few numerical tests. Pretty straightforward. Had the telephone interview that asked the typical competency questions but also about the UK economy in general which I was not expecting. Assessment Centre was fun. Had to have a dicussion and write a report on a company. Also had to do numerical and logical reasoning tests which were alot harder than the online ones!

Interview Questions

• Present value of a share to be recieved in 4 years time?   2 Answers

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions

• what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with a Senior Associate, Director, and a Partner for 30 minute interviews each. The interview with the Senior Associate consisted of three behavioral questions, while the interviews with the Director and Partner consisted of more traditional conversational interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to teach something new to someone and the processes you employed. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was done in a very formal way. The interviewers asked me in details my previous work experience and the content of my publications. They did not ask me about my future plans. They were interested in understanding my background and what I could give to the firm. They gave me the occasione to ask questions to them about the firm.

Interview Questions

• -Describe your academic background and your professional experience. -Describe the content of your publications and the conclusions that you wanted to present there   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with one of the managers. He was a nice guy, asked a few behavioral questions, but didn't seem very interested in considering me as a candidate. He kept repeating about how the position is very competitive and how the selection process works, should have expected what was coming my way then.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a scenario where a teammate was not pulling their weight on a project?   Answer Question