PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Banga (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Banga (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Aptitude test if through a consultancy and then a couple of face to face interviews that includes technical and HR round. If through reference then directly face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic Financial Concepts and Rules of Debit & Credit.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Pre-interview process: Applied through university career site. Found out I got an interview about a week later. First round interview was about a week after that. 1st round interview: Had a networking session the night before the interview on campus. Met with several associates, managers, a director and a partner. I honestly think this was one of the reasons why I eventually got an offer - because I networked my @$$ off. Next day, I had a 30-minute interview with the partner who I had met the previous night. Asked really basic questions about my resume and experience. Found out the next day that I had been selected for super-day that would be 2 weeks later. Super-day interviews: Had a dinner with some of the staff the night before at a nice restaurant. Grabbed a glass of white wine and immediately found 2 partners to talk to (again, networking my @$$ off). Then ate dinner and chatted with one of the partners, an associate, and a couple of the other interviewees. The next day, we all got breakfast with a bunch of associates. After we walked to the office, sat through a 30-minute presentation, and immediately were put through 3 30-minute interviews, first with a director, and then with 2 managers. The interviews were all pretty basic, asking about my resume, experience, and then asking some behavioral questions "because they had to." Afterwards, I was brought to a room where they gave me sheets about all the details of working (health benefits, tech benefits, etc.). Then all of the interviewees and some associates walked to a nearby restaurant and got lunch at a nice restaurant. THEN we walked back to the office and sat through another 30-minute presentation. And THEN, FINALLY, the interview was over. I found out the next Monday that I had been extended an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

smooth and nice staff. they will ask you lots of behavioral question . it usually last for thirty minutes. They will also ask your work experience and team work experience such as group project.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC in May 2013.

Interview

It was incredibly casual. Most applicants shouldn't worry about the interview process. It was more of a conversation than an actual interview. A mock interview will have you well prepared for this kind of interview.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

On-campus recruiting for associate / entry-level position. One-on-one meeting with recruiter on campus, in which I expressed interest in working in the DC metro area. Then I got a call from the DC metro office inviting me for an in-person interview. They flew me out, and I had a series of three interviews - with a manager, director, and partner. There were 'get-to-know-you' interviews, wanting to know about my experience, interests, and hobbies. Mostly to feel out whether I was a fit for the office. The offer came the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume that you are proud of?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and it took me 3 weeks to get the response. The employer was very friendly and it seems that they have a great corporation culture.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was the standard procedure as stated on the website. I was always well informed of the next step and the interviewers were very welcoming and that put me at ease. It was a smooth overall process. They asked about things on my CV and personal acheivements and then what I knew about the organisation and why I chose to be there. A lot of this information is available on their website, etc so it is worth doing that research

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. My resume was handed in by an employee whom was a classmate of mine. HR emailed me a few weeks later to set up a phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few questions about my resume followed by a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Phone interview- with HR, approximately 15 minutes, asking about why you want to work for PwC, interests, then with manager approximately 30 minutes with manager approximately 30 minutes then office tour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then had the phone interview with one of the tax manager. Received the second round invitation one week later. The phone interview was just basic behavior questions and back ground check.