PwC

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

121 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Started with a phone interview and then went through a typical superday. The night before superday was the dinner. There were three guides at each table, each with six associates. This was the first part of the process. On the actual superday there was a presentation and roundtable followed by three interviews and an office tour. I interviewed with a partner, director and manager. All were easily approachable and there was very little in the way of technical questions. It was all behavioral and about fit at the firm.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult questions were the questions about technical capabilities. It was in one interview and made it feel stilted, especially when they have their own systems that they are often using anyway.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied for the full time position of Tax Associate through the campus website and got invited for on-campus interview. The interviewer was a director at PwC and the process was very smooth. The questions consisted of typical behavioral questions (no technical questions) such as tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when..., why did you choose tax, etc. I got a phone call two weeks later for a second round interview and I haven't gone through it yet, so wish me luck!! But the second round consists of a pre-night dinner with staff which is a little bit informal to break the ice. Then for the actual interview, you are invited to the office you have applied for. The interview typically consists of three 30-minute interviews with two partners and one director. There will be behavioral questions but it is more conversational type, they merely want to see if you are a good fit for their firm. There will be an office tour and probably a presentation on the company conducted by a recruiter. You will also get introduced to staff (associates, partners, directors, and etc.), so you will have lots of opportunities to ask questions, network, and see if the company is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected if you prepare for typical behavioral interview questions. Make sure to have personal examples of your experiences and ask questions in the end when you are provided with the opportunity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

We received an email from our career services to apply for the position and I did so. A week or so later, I received an invitation for a campus interview. I was really surprised they chose my application as I had absolutely no experience in accounting, tax or audit. The only experience I had was in retail. To prep for my interview, I prayed (of course), and use this website to help me prepare.

The day of the interview, I interviewed with a director in tax. Before then, one of the senior associates and I were having leisurely conversation as she assured me that my interviewer was really nice, and that, she was. She introduced herself, told me about her background and asked about mine. The entire interview was based on behavioral questions, which she explained first hand. The interview went really well and I was anxiously awaiting an onsite invite.

Three days later, I received an invite for an onsite visit. It was just as described in feedback I had previously read on glassdoor. Three days after that, I attended a dinner where I was able to meet with other candidates and employees of the main 3 levels (senior associates, managers, and partners). I was so excited! The dinner was more of a get-to-know-you and ask any questions type of deal. The next day were interviews. I was assigned a buddy who took me on a tour and to the interviewers. The interviews, for me, were more conversational. If you are very personable and are prepared to share stories, your interviews will pass quickly.

After the interviews we were treated to lunch and later they told us more about the company and its culture. (Make sure you have plenty of questions!)

The long awaited (for me anyway ha ha), five days later, I received a call from the partner who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about doing research if you had too much information? Not enough information?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was very please with my offer.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

through the university recruiting, then pre interview dinner night, partner are graduate from our university, most of employee who had dinner with us are graduate from our college. on campus interview. the interview questions are basic, tell me about yourself. i did not get second round. so...

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

two days of interviews. Impressive tour. PwC strangely opted to have no tax attorneys interview me and failed to pair me with a tax attorney for the events... even though I actually went to school with several.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to an accountant why a lawyer would want to get into tax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Applied online. Emailed me to interview after like 2 weeks.
    The whole interview was pretty standard. Went over the resume first. Then some behavior questions. Some small talks. And my questions at the end. The whole interview took like 30mins.
    Got emailed a week after saying I don't get to go to the second round.

Tax Associate Interview

I send job application to pwc's website and through campus career center. One campus interview which is mainly about behavior questions. The manager is very nice and friendly. I do not got the second-round interview.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2014.

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

resume screening,
    interview with hiring manager,
    interview with director and partner.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds