PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

2.8

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I had 1 on-campus interview with a Director and then 2 office interviews with a Manager and a Partner. A Senior Associate and Director also took me out for lunch as part of the 2nd round interview process. Most of the questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult or technical questions were asked. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume.   Answer Question
They had a standard starting salary and signing bonus. I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

First round on campus and then on-site interviews. Normal behavioral questions about teamwork experience and former internship experience. No technical Questions

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

On Campus. Took 3 weeks. No technical or behavioral questions, we just spoke about my resume and interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

campus interview and onsite

Interview Questions
    • Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC.

She just asked random questions and asked me to explain my internship experiences

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

It's an on campus recruiting process. The company had several info session and networking event on campus and students drop their resume through school's online system. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview reception held by PWC where candidates met and talked people from PWC and their interviewer. The interview took about half an our and includes some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Generally tell me about yourself. I didn't encounter questions like why PWC or why tax questions.
      Another one is what do you do in your spare time?
      Tell me a situation where you feel pressure from an ethical issue? Also some other behavioral questions. I think the interviewer has a list.
      Then I asked the questions I prepared to the interviewer. Preparing more questions is quite recommended.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I emailed through school's career site and like many of the other candidates from my school, went on to a single person interview, then an in-house interview at the LA office

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult but I think the most difficult part would be trying to fit in with the partners or the more elderly people who'll be interviewing you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Applied through on campus interview. All behavioral team oriented questions. Be clear and concise. They asked about when I had a had worked with a team and the team didn't agree with an idea I had. How did I deal with that? They also asked leadership questions and how to include team members when implementing my ideas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

applied through campus, and a partner from Houston came to interview us. Secured a second round interview 2 weeks later, and around 2-3 weeks later they flew me and several intern candidates down to Houston. We were each paired up with a buddy, and had dinner together a group of pwc employees. After the dinner, we went to the hotel lobby and just hung out and talked together. The next morning, they took us to a nice place for breakfast, and then we headed off to our interviews. After our interviews were done, they took us out to lunch.

Overall the recruiting process was very smooth, and the pwc people were very warm and welcoming. The interviewers were very nice as well. I've been to 2 other big 4 second round interviews in NYC before, and PwC did an overall much better job in making us feel welcomed and making sure we were comfortable. You can just see in the fact that they took us out 3 times...in New York, they took us out once.

Interview Questions
    • After a brief interview with one of the managers (second round), the manager kept asking me if I had any questions. I had prepared about 5 questions and asked them all, and at that point he still asked me to keep asking questions (and I was out of questions at that point), so I ended up asking some very general questions. So make sure you have a lotttt of questions when you interview.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Always a good experience - recruiter kept me in the loop with each round, and was very warm. They also took everyone who got offers out for a fun cooking class with their professionals (including partners!!)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that changed you, how did it change you   Answer Question