PwC

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.8

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

resume screening,
    interview with hiring manager,
    interview with director and partner.

Tax Associate Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and they were really helpful.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview process was quite simple. Just need to 'be yourself' and confident.

Interview Questions
    • During my interview, there was no such unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Went through campus recruiting. Wanted to work in the NYC office, had to go through recruitment through my school to get a referral to NYC.

The Process:

The recruiter and some staff members would randomly have events on campus. Events consisted of mock interviews, resume review and tabling. I attempted to at least stop one or two so she would know who I am.

Career fair the recruiter wasn't there during the time I was there but I handed my resume to a staff person and asked him a couple questions.

Selected for an on campus interview. There is a pre-night event. Slightly informal, but was being watched the whole time. I spoke to the guy who was going to interview me the night before. Had some general questions that I have for events like these, "How long have you been with the firm?" "What is a day in the life like?" etc. but also talked about things that had nothing to do with accounting. Laughed and talked for a little while, then did the same with the recruiter etc.

Campus interview: Asked behavioral questions "Tell me a time you didn't meet a deadline" "Tell me a time you had to think on your feet" etc. In my situation I was specifically asked why NYC? Made sure to ask him some questions back.

Received an email a week or so later saying Congratulations you have been selected for a PwC NYC office interview. Didn't hear back from them for probably two weeks. Received a call on a Thursday to ask if I could be in NYC on Monday to interview at the NYC office.

Office interview:

Starts with breakfast, very informal. I knew no one there but made sure to start up convo's with some of the interviewees, laughed and talked with them. The recruiter came by introduced herself had a couple moments for a conversation with her.

Presentation/Panel - opportunity to ask questions. I always try to ask at least one question that makes people think or that shows a genuine interest in being a member of the firm.

Assigned an "office buddy" who will take you from interview to interview. I made sure to ask him about himself, how he liked his job, and other random questions. Also want to talk to him about stuff that doesn't have to do with accounting or work. Met other staff members and spoke with them about the job and non job related stuff.

Interviews: I had three interviews. Each interview was about 30 mins long. One with a manager from another service line, the Partner of the area I was going to work, a senior manager from the area I was going to work. All had general behavioral questions, asked me questions about what I had done on my resume, (Know your resume, know why you want to work for the firm, how what you have done before can be applied to what you would do) why I wanted to work in NYC, etc. I asked them questions about what they do, do they like what they do, challenges, opportunities etc.

After my last interview my buddy took me to his work area to wait for the other buddies/interviewees we were going to walk to lunch with. Made a point to make conversation with the other buddies and interviewees. On the walk to the restaurant took the time to laugh and talk with another buddy besides mine, ask some questions, talk about the city etc.

Lunch is more relaxed but I didn't forget I am being watched. Made small talk wit the interviewee beside me, sat back more and let the staff members carry the conversation but contributed here and there. After lunch said my goodbyes/thank yous to my buddy, and the other staff members.

Received a call about 2 - 3 hrs later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any technical questions. Most of the questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. Asked mostly about my resume, a behavioral question or two and then it was more conversational.   Answer Question

The firm is great, the people I met were great, but I felt a better fit at another Big 4 firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I had 1 on-campus interview with a Director and then 2 office interviews with a Manager and a Partner. A Senior Associate and Director also took me out for lunch as part of the 2nd round interview process. Most of the questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or technical questions were asked. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume.   Answer Question
    They had a standard starting salary and signing bonus. I did not negotiate.

Tax Associate Interview

First round on campus and then on-site interviews. Normal behavioral questions about teamwork experience and former internship experience. No technical Questions

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

On Campus. Took 3 weeks. No technical or behavioral questions, we just spoke about my resume and interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

campus interview and onsite

Interview Questions
    • Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC.

She just asked random questions and asked me to explain my internship experiences