PwC

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

It's an on campus recruiting process. The company had several info session and networking event on campus and students drop their resume through school's online system. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview reception held by PWC where candidates met and talked people from PWC and their interviewer. The interview took about half an our and includes some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Generally tell me about yourself. I didn't encounter questions like why PWC or why tax questions.
    Another one is what do you do in your spare time?
    Tell me a situation where you feel pressure from an ethical issue? Also some other behavioral questions. I think the interviewer has a list.
    Then I asked the questions I prepared to the interviewer. Preparing more questions is quite recommended.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I emailed through school's career site and like many of the other candidates from my school, went on to a single person interview, then an in-house interview at the LA office

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult but I think the most difficult part would be trying to fit in with the partners or the more elderly people who'll be interviewing you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Applied through on campus interview. All behavioral team oriented questions. Be clear and concise. They asked about when I had a had worked with a team and the team didn't agree with an idea I had. How did I deal with that? They also asked leadership questions and how to include team members when implementing my ideas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

applied through campus, and a partner from Houston came to interview us. Secured a second round interview 2 weeks later, and around 2-3 weeks later they flew me and several intern candidates down to Houston. We were each paired up with a buddy, and had dinner together a group of pwc employees. After the dinner, we went to the hotel lobby and just hung out and talked together. The next morning, they took us to a nice place for breakfast, and then we headed off to our interviews. After our interviews were done, they took us out to lunch.

Overall the recruiting process was very smooth, and the pwc people were very warm and welcoming. The interviewers were very nice as well. I've been to 2 other big 4 second round interviews in NYC before, and PwC did an overall much better job in making us feel welcomed and making sure we were comfortable. You can just see in the fact that they took us out 3 times...in New York, they took us out once.

Interview Questions
    • After a brief interview with one of the managers (second round), the manager kept asking me if I had any questions. I had prepared about 5 questions and asked them all, and at that point he still asked me to keep asking questions (and I was out of questions at that point), so I ended up asking some very general questions. So make sure you have a lotttt of questions when you interview.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Always a good experience - recruiter kept me in the loop with each round, and was very warm. They also took everyone who got offers out for a fun cooking class with their professionals (including partners!!)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that changed you, how did it change you   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

The interview traditionally takes place in two stages. First, there is an on campus interview followed by the office interview. I had an on campus interview but was not invited to the office interview. The office interview went for about 30-45 minutes. It took them about two weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was asked was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

There were three interviews scheduled. The environment was very relaxed. Everyone was very friendly. It was slightly busy because they were preparing for tax season. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers mostly discussed different projects that were planned and the roles that I would play. I was taken out to lunch with some of the interviewers, which was the most difficult for me. It was difficult because the restaurant was loud and most of the topics discussed at the table were centered around how many houses everyone had, the amount of travel points everyone had, and issues that they had at work. It was difficult to relate to them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, but I did not expect to interview with someone extremely technical especially since I am a recent college graduate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I submitted my resume through a current employee and heard back fairly quickly that they wanted to conduct a phone interview. All the questions were behavioral in nature (Name a time when...) and fairly easy. About a week later I received an invitation to fly up to Boston for an in-office interview. I was one of about 50 people there to interview that day, although I'm not sure how many of those candidates I was actually competing against. Some people were there for assurance positions, or internship positions. Everyone was really nice and welcoming that I met. My morning consisted of a tour of the office and three individual interviews with various managers. Within a week of this visit I received an email saying that they would not be extending me a job offer. I was a bit perplexed by this since they had taken the time to fly me up and pay for my hotel room. Upon some prodding, the only feedback I could get from an HR rep was that I didn't have the experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, just behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

I submitted my resume through my school's system and get an on-campus interview with a tax partner. Before that, there is a pre-interview night. At the pre-night, the candidates were sitting with the interviewer at one table and just free-talk. After the on-campus interview, I got the invitation to second interview but they transferred me to assurance position. I have not started second-round interview yet. Please ignore the offer status.