PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

It's an on campus recruiting process. The company had several info session and networking event on campus and students drop their resume through school's online system. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview reception held by PWC where candidates met and talked people from PWC and their interviewer. The interview took about half an our and includes some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Generally tell me about yourself. I didn't encounter questions like why PWC or why tax questions.
    Another one is what do you do in your spare time?
    Tell me a situation where you feel pressure from an ethical issue? Also some other behavioral questions. I think the interviewer has a list.
    Then I asked the questions I prepared to the interviewer. Preparing more questions is quite recommended.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Applied through on campus interview. All behavioral team oriented questions. Be clear and concise. They asked about when I had a had worked with a team and the team didn't agree with an idea I had. How did I deal with that? They also asked leadership questions and how to include team members when implementing my ideas.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

On campus interview. Seemed like only those who were invited to the second round of interviews were contacted after the interview

Interview Questions
    • Don't fit the mole of the typical college graduate. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Started with a phone interview with an HR rep who was really nice. We chatted for about 45 minutes and he told me I was his number one candidate and set up an in person for the following week. I met with two a manager and the person I would be replacing for lunch. They took me to a nice restaurant near by and we talked and chatted about the position. Mostly them informing me on what the position consisted of. I then had 4, 30 minute interviews with various managers and a partner. They were all really nice and didn't ask me anything too difficult. I felt it went extremely well. A few days later they told me that it was down to me and one other person and they wanted to have one more phone interview to make a decision. They wanted to know my background a little more and see how it applied to the position and asked me a difficult question I stumbled over a little. I didn't get the job but they liked me and said they will keep in mind. I am currently in the process of interviewing for a different position with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Consisted of an on campus interview followed by a half day series of in office interviews. In total there were 4 interviews with various levels of individuals. Interviews were fairly informal and consisted of a conversation as opposed to behavioral questions. Be ready to explain everything on your resume.

Also take note to talk to as many other individuals within the firm as possible during the recruitment process as everyone you meet will have some input within the final hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but most everyone asked why PwC as opposed to the other Big 4 companies and why tax instead of audit.   Answer Question
    No negotiation readily available because there are so many individuals that apply for these jobs and all Big 4 companies most likely are paying the same.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Why PwC? and make sure to have lots of questions prepared for the inteviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The tax partner changed up the style of the interview and he said I would be interviewing him today.   Answer Question
    I had a long time to relpy and they called and emailed me often to see if they could answer any additional questions. The Tax Partner even called me on Thanks Giving day when he was with his kids to ask me how I was doing and if he could answer any questions- really meant a lot to me to see how much he cared!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

applied through campus, and a partner from Houston came to interview us. Secured a second round interview 2 weeks later, and around 2-3 weeks later they flew me and several intern candidates down to Houston. We were each paired up with a buddy, and had dinner together a group of pwc employees. After the dinner, we went to the hotel lobby and just hung out and talked together. The next morning, they took us to a nice place for breakfast, and then we headed off to our interviews. After our interviews were done, they took us out to lunch.

Overall the recruiting process was very smooth, and the pwc people were very warm and welcoming. The interviewers were very nice as well. I've been to 2 other big 4 second round interviews in NYC before, and PwC did an overall much better job in making us feel welcomed and making sure we were comfortable. You can just see in the fact that they took us out 3 times...in New York, they took us out once.

Interview Questions
    • After a brief interview with one of the managers (second round), the manager kept asking me if I had any questions. I had prepared about 5 questions and asked them all, and at that point he still asked me to keep asking questions (and I was out of questions at that point), so I ended up asking some very general questions. So make sure you have a lotttt of questions when you interview.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Always a good experience - recruiter kept me in the loop with each round, and was very warm. They also took everyone who got offers out for a fun cooking class with their professionals (including partners!!)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that changed you, how did it change you   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

The interview traditionally takes place in two stages. First, there is an on campus interview followed by the office interview. I had an on campus interview but was not invited to the office interview. The office interview went for about 30-45 minutes. It took them about two weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was asked was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

There were three interviews scheduled. The environment was very relaxed. Everyone was very friendly. It was slightly busy because they were preparing for tax season. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers mostly discussed different projects that were planned and the roles that I would play. I was taken out to lunch with some of the interviewers, which was the most difficult for me. It was difficult because the restaurant was loud and most of the topics discussed at the table were centered around how many houses everyone had, the amount of travel points everyone had, and issues that they had at work. It was difficult to relate to them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, but I did not expect to interview with someone extremely technical especially since I am a recent college graduate.   Answer Question