PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

We received an email from our career services to apply for the position and I did so. A week or so later, I received an invitation for a campus interview. I was really surprised they chose my application as I had absolutely no experience in accounting, tax or audit. The only experience I had was in retail. To prep for my interview, I prayed (of course), and use this website to help me prepare.

The day of the interview, I interviewed with a director in tax. Before then, one of the senior associates and I were having leisurely conversation as she assured me that my interviewer was really nice, and that, she was. She introduced herself, told me about her background and asked about mine. The entire interview was based on behavioral questions, which she explained first hand. The interview went really well and I was anxiously awaiting an onsite invite.

Three days later, I received an invite for an onsite visit. It was just as described in feedback I had previously read on glassdoor. Three days after that, I attended a dinner where I was able to meet with other candidates and employees of the main 3 levels (senior associates, managers, and partners). I was so excited! The dinner was more of a get-to-know-you and ask any questions type of deal. The next day were interviews. I was assigned a buddy who took me on a tour and to the interviewers. The interviews, for me, were more conversational. If you are very personable and are prepared to share stories, your interviews will pass quickly.

After the interviews we were treated to lunch and later they told us more about the company and its culture. (Make sure you have plenty of questions!)

The long awaited (for me anyway ha ha), five days later, I received a call from the partner who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about doing research if you had too much information? Not enough information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was very please with my offer.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

through the university recruiting, then pre interview dinner night, partner are graduate from our university, most of employee who had dinner with us are graduate from our college. on campus interview. the interview questions are basic, tell me about yourself. i did not get second round. so...

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

two days of interviews. Impressive tour. PwC strangely opted to have no tax attorneys interview me and failed to pair me with a tax attorney for the events... even though I actually went to school with several.

Interview Questions

• Explaining to an accountant why a lawyer would want to get into tax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Emailed me to interview after like 2 weeks.
    The whole interview was pretty standard. Went over the resume first. Then some behavior questions. Some small talks. And my questions at the end. The whole interview took like 30mins.
    Got emailed a week after saying I don't get to go to the second round.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I send job application to pwc's website and through campus career center. One campus interview which is mainly about behavior questions. The manager is very nice and friendly. I do not got the second-round interview.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

resume screening,
    interview with hiring manager,
    interview with director and partner.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview

Campus Interview in a hotel - 30 min talk with a tax partner, briefly introduced myself and was asked a behavioral questions on how to work before a deadline.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and they were really helpful.