PwC

Average Difficulty
95 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice and friendly staff and management. Started with on campus interview which also included a pre-interview dinner at a very nice restaurant. Second and last interview is on site interview in San Jose. They flew me down and booked a room for me and the rest at the Hilton. Super easy interview. Ran through every item on my resume and a few standard behavior question. Eg: Tell me a time when there's a conflict among your team? Got a call shortly after interview that I got a offer. Accepted it right away :)

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you were under stress?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Of all the Big 4s, PwC has a very friendly environment for their interviewees. They do their best to make sure the interviewees are aware of what they are going into. All questions were behavioral.

Interview Question – Favorite undergraduate course?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview began after a short presentation about the internship program at PwC New York in tax department. There were three 1:1 back to back interviews. My interviewer were two directors and a principal. All the interviewers were really nice and talktive people. The interviews were conversational based. At noon, all the candidates had lunch together.

Interview Question – Why choose PwC? Why New York office?   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received email for first round interview, and soon after attended the pre-interview social at the campus. The people were extremely friendly and nice. A lot of people at the social, the teams seemed to love working for PwC, was able to meet my interviewer beforehand briefly and he was very nice. 1:1 interview came off as a conversation, they are a friendly team.

Interview Question – What was the most rewarding experience on your resume?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which went really well and a week later received an invitation for an office visit. Office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner with young associates my age, presentation in the morning by a partner and lead recruiters, 2 interviews with director and a partner, office tour, panel discussion with young associates in all 3 service lines and lunch with host and other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your concept of networking? How do you network?   View Answer
  • No substantial questions asked of me during my second interview. The interviewer had not even glanced at my resume, was running late and appeared from the start disengage from talking to me.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – My school did a resume collect for PwC. I was picked for an on campus interview with the firm. They had two people interview me. The questions were mostly behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and the like. They also walked through my resume and asked me questions regarding previous employment and experience. Overall, not too bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with PWC for the internship when they were hiring students from San Jose State. Infortunately, the guy who was interviewing me didn't show any interest at all in what I was telling him. Later, all of my classmates who interviewed with him, told me they had exactly the same experience. No one of us got into second round. I simply don't understand - why have an interview when you are not interested in hiring??

Interview Question – how do you deal with uncertainty   Answer Question

Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was offered an initial on-campus interview after attending the summer leadership program. My interviewer was articulate and personable. He admitted that he'd been up until 2:00 the night before and hadn't gotten a chance to review my resume yet. There were some behavioral questions (time when you exemplified leadership, dealt with a high stress situation) and he asked me where I'd like to be in 5 years and then in 10 years. Overall, a positive interviewing experience. I was told that I would not be asked to the second round of interviews within 5 days via automated email. Advice: Network, network, network. Learn to speak comfortably and relate well to these somewhat intimidating Big 4 personalities and interviewers. My credentials were very competitive, but I think I lacked the networking skills that would have helped them get to know me better.

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very simple. My school sent my resume to a list of firms, which then chose who they wanted to interview with. I got an interview, the firm came to my school, and I interviewed with two people from the firm separately for about 10-15 minutes each, all in one day. Then I received a phone call with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Asked if I work better alone or in a group   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview Details – Casual interview with PwC professionals, first at the college level, then at the Boston office with several employees. Also received a tour of the office. Overall, a good experience that showed me the firm and the people, which made me comfortable choosing to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A