PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Interview

Tax

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Very informal. They just want to know your personality and want to make sure that you are a good fit for the company. They might go over your resume and ask some questions regarding what you have done while you were in college.

Tax Interview

Tax
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I had a video interview with a senior manager. The questions asked were not that difficult though, in retrospect, my answers could have been better worded. The interviewer was very friendly and the atmosphere was relatively comfortable. Overall, the interview felt more casual than expected. However, there was no invitation for an office interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had one shadow day, and a superday process with 3 behvaioral interviews back to back. The interviews were bookended by a small coffee hour breakfast, presentations, and then a lunch with associates afterwords.

Interview Question – "Tell me something impressive about yourself that isn't on your resume"   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview Details – I initially was recognized at a career fair where they marked my resume as one for consideration. My first interview was on campus and was strictly behavioral where all they wanted to know was about my history and what I was looking for at PwC. The second interview was at PwC and they had me meet with an associate, a manager, and a partner. Each interview was behavioral. All they wanted to know was if my personality fit with the company and the people working there. I was contacted shortly after the interview and they let me know they wanted me as an intern.

Interview Question – Name a scenario where you were challenged and how did you solve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – mostly casual conversations, just about 3 behavioral questions. Very normal~

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 10 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – It was an on campus interview with a Tax partner for a Winter Tax Internship. It was very casual since I had gone to so many recruiting events, socials, and office visits with PwC prior to my interview. The offer came on "offer day" as a phone call from the partner and I accepted about an hour later.

Interview Question – My interview was very casual and there were no unexpected or difficult questions. The main question that the partner asked was how I felt PwC could advance my career and whether or not the opportunity would allow me to achieve my career goals. They were very straight forward. From my experience, PwC wants to help you grow and achieve your goals...Whatever they might be. They also asked me what was important to me and if there was anything I was looking for in a career that I didn't think PwC could offer me. They were my number one choice throughout the recruiting process and I'm glad I chose a great company to work for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A telephone call giving me the offer and explaining my pay rate, overtime, and the Disney experience that is given to every intern that accepts a full time offer after the internship.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Began with a pre interview dinner with many of Pwc staff ( partners, managers, directors and associates mainly of my university's alumni) the night before my interview where I met and conversed with my interviewer which made the next day not as nerve wracking as I already knew who was interviewing me. The next day I was interviewed by a Tax director. A week later I had a call back for another pre interview dinner and an office visit interview. Pre interview dinner had 2 others that were getting interviewed and 4 Tax associates. The office visit consisted of an introduction to the firm, a tour, lunch, and then 3 back to back interviews ( 20-25 minutes each with 1 partner and 2 directors) and then we were given a closing by the recruiters. Office visit was 5 hours long. 2 weeks later I received a call back with an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation in which you had an opinion that was not agreed upon by a group and how you went about convincing them of your opinion?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – It starts with campus recruiting. You go to Meet the Firms and talk to them, give them your resume. Then you apply through your school's career center and then they let you know if you can come in for a first round interview or not. After that, they let you know about whether or not you got a second round interview, a half day event at the office with office tours, presentations, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work for PwC out of all the Big 4's?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – I went with campus recruiting. I asked a lot of questions during pre-night dinner, which I was not supposed to do so I think. The interviewer is a partner and keep talking about his personal experience. I was a little bit confused at that time and have no idea how to deal with this type of situation.

Interview Question – Why do not go back to your home country?   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I applied through on campus interview that took place in our university. There was a pre-interview dinner where you get to meet the professionals from different offices. I was assigned to sit with a tax manager and a couple former interns. On the interview day, a tax partner interviewed me and he pretty much just went through my resume and asked questions about my experience on the resume. Overall, the process was pleasant

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just went through resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Tax Intern interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.