PwC

PwC Tax Intern Interview Questions

2.7

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I sent in my resume and got a call two weeks later to ask questions about my resume and to discuss a time to have a phone interview. I had the phone interview the next day, she called me 15 minutes and didn't have my resume with her. She was rushing the whole interview and didn't seem that into it. She said they would e-mail me in about a week in regards to the decision and two weeks later I still have nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

I initially was recognized at a career fair where they marked my resume as one for consideration. My first interview was on campus and was strictly behavioral where all they wanted to know was about my history and what I was looking for at PwC. The second interview was at PwC and they had me meet with an associate, a manager, and a partner. Each interview was behavioral. All they wanted to know was if my personality fit with the company and the people working there. I was contacted shortly after the interview and they let me know they wanted me as an intern.

Interview Questions
    • Name a scenario where you were challenged and how did you solve the situation.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Completed an internship program through a college. Met PwC employees at a job fair, where I gave them a resume and ended up hearing back from them via email in about a week. Next, went through the interview process in which I met with 5 individuals in the respective tax department ranging from staff accountant to senior manager. Very informative and polite, but must be prepared for any and all questions in regards to your resume

Interview Questions
    • The last interviewer made me recall all the information I had learned from the other interviewers. They are looking for your ability to listen and pay attention to detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I went through the first and second round. The first round was with a partner. He asked me a few questions (what do I know about PwC, and the rest were just behavioral questions) and then I asked him some questions. I asked him questions related to things he said about himself. Anyway, he really liked me and I went to round two. Round two was a long event, and during the dinner I didn't really ask any questions or talk; I mainly just listened to them talking and showed some personality by laughing and smiling (sincerely, not fake laughing like some people were doing). When I went to the interviews the next day, the questions were easy again (about my resume, other behavioral questions) and 2 hours afterwards they called and extended me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I submitted my resume on my college recruiting website and was invited for first round interview. I interviewed with a partner in PwC. The interview was very conversational. There was no tricky questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a book you recently read, that was not a textbook.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2012.

First interview is more of a fit interview, with a few behavioral questions. Round two took place in their office and was much more behavioral based

Interview Questions
    • What ethical decisions have you faced, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Completely behavioral interview with no technical questions about tax or accounting. I interviewed with the partner of the group I ended up working for and it was very laid back. Walked through my resume and talked about golf for a little bit. They are more about being able to fit in the culture than actual technical abilities.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as I am in college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

I got an on campus interview with PwC. The first round of interview was with a manager. Then I was invited to the second round of interview to office. The office interview consisted of 3 rounds, two managers and a partner. They are pretty nice and did not ask very difficult questions

No negotiation involved

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at PwC in June 2012.

Had a 1 on 1 30 minute interview with a Director in Tax. Entirely all behavioral questions. Not a difficult interview by any means.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about at time when you had conflict in a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

The PwC recruiter e-mailed me one day asking if I would like to do a phone interview because they are short of tax intern this year. Most of the questions are pretty typical. Behavioral questions and all. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the recruiter said that he would give me a response by the end of the day, but then I didn't receive any reply then I sent an e-mail asking if there is any update, but no reply on that either. Overall, the interview itself is not a difficult process. They do try to make you feel comfortable and make it more conversational but I personally feel it is highly unprofessional how they handle people they declined.