PwC Tax Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014

2.7

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

I applied for tax intern through my university. First round i had a on-compus interview with a tax director. Just be yourself and talk about your background. Second round is on-site interviews with three professionals (partner, director, and manager)

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2012.

I got an on campus interview with PwC. The first round of interview was with a manager. Then I was invited to the second round of interview to office. The office interview consisted of 3 rounds, two managers and a partner. They are pretty nice and did not ask very difficult questions

No negotiation involved

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

The super day has three 30mins individually interviews. They are asking you questions about your past. Not too many behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

I applied for an internship with PwC through my schools career services. They contacted me via email saying them would like to do an interview on campus. Fairly easy, low pressure. Spoke with the tax partner who gave me an overview of what its like at their office, what their culture is like, etc. Asked basic questions about my availability, some questions about my resume. After that I was contacted via email asking for an office interview. The office interview involved mini-interviews with each member of the tax department, each having questions to ask you about your past or how you would handle a particular situation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced adversity within a group setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

relaxing, basic question, like why Pwc? and why did u choose to come this the university

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

The PwC recruiter e-mailed me one day asking if I would like to do a phone interview because they are short of tax intern this year. Most of the questions are pretty typical. Behavioral questions and all. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the recruiter said that he would give me a response by the end of the day, but then I didn't receive any reply then I sent an e-mail asking if there is any update, but no reply on that either. Overall, the interview itself is not a difficult process. They do try to make you feel comfortable and make it more conversational but I personally feel it is highly unprofessional how they handle people they declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Got through the first round on campus interview, then they invited me for an office visit, aka "Superday". Start the day around 8:30am, you meet all the interviewees that day, follow by a presentation and a panel discussion (try to ask at least one GOOD question). Then you get assigned to a first year associate that will take you to all your interviews. I interviewed with a manager, a director, and a partner. Everyone was extremely friendly, it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. They want to see if you can hold a decent conversation. Lastly, the first year associate will take you to a group lunch with the other interviewees. I got a call from the partner I interviewed a couple hours later offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

On-campus interview. Invited to an office interview. There was a prenight social the night before the interview to get to know the other applicants and employees. It was very relaxed and fun. The next day was the office visit/interview. It consisted of an office tour, presentation, three 1:1 interviews (Director, Manager, and Partner), lunch, and a panel discussion. It was relaxed yet serious. It was about getting to know the person across from you though. After the interviews we went to lunch with all of the other applicants and some employees and partners. I was contacted the following monday by a partner congratulating me and he extended an internship offer. HR followed up a few days later with the details.

Advice: be yourself, relax, and have fun
    (interviews should be a great/enjoyable experience for both the interviewer and interviewee)
    (generally speaking, interviews are not as bad as people make them out to be, you have to come prepared though) (remember: a good resume will get you an interview, but you have to get the job)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2011.

I was offered a first round on campus interview with PwC after I applied through my campus career center. The interviewer was really nice and tried to make you feel comfortable. The interviewer initially gives you a brief intro about his/her background before asking you questions. My interview was only 20 minutes, and the only question he asked me was to tell him 3 things about myself. And I had a few minutes left to ask him questions. I didn't receive an offer for second rounds though. I could have failed the interview because I lacked interviewing experience...but the interviewer was definitely not intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

just chatting, no real behavior questions.
    interviewers are nice and really want to make you feel comfortable.