PwC Tax Internship Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Internship Interview

campus applied, receive first interview opportunity then

Interview Questions
  • why don't you attend PWC case competition this year   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

I went for the first round of the interview. People are nice there, especially the interviewer who is the tax department manager. He let me introduce myself first and ask me some general resume questions. Then he asked me why I chose tax which I think it is a quite hard question. the most important part is that he ask about some specific example of leadership experience and I think that is the key to knock on the door of second round interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interviews began on campus with a 1:1 interview with a partner from the firm. No technical questions or behavioral questions were asked. The first 30 minutes I was asked to talk about experiences that I had put on my resume. The remaining 15 minutes were questions I asked the interviewer such as, "How do you separate yourself from the other big 3 firms?" or "How did you get to where you are now?"

The second interview will be at their offices. They'll put you up in a hotel and have a social the night proceeding. They'll assign you a guide who's been with the company a year or so (an associate) who should introduce you to those who will be interviewing you the next day. If he/she does not, ask them to.

The next morning they'll serve you breakfast while you watch a presentation. Then you tour the offices and that's followed by interviews. Tax applicants had two 1:1 interviews and audit applicants had 3 1:1 interviews. These are with partners, directing managers, or senior managers. You'll also have a panel of associates to ask questions to, particularly those questions that you might not want to ask during an interview with a partner.

Everyone seemed very nice. Attire for employees was open collar button ups or polos. No ties!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2008.

For the internship, there was an extensive recruiting process, which consisted of going to various speaking/career events held by the firm on campus. Everyone I met during these events were friendly and happy to answer all the questions I had. Through the campus website and the PwC website, we submitted all our information, resume, and cover letter, which was looked at and interviews were given to a portion of the candidates.

There were two rounds of interviews. Since I was in LA, I had a first round interview on the phone with a recruiter, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions, such as why I was interested in that firm, that particular department, and accounting in general. The second round of interviews was in the SF office, the office I applied for, where I was interviewed by three other individuals (manager, director, and partner). This round of interviews were more conversational, allowing them to get to know me as a person, see if I would make a good fit for the group/company, and show me a bit of what their work environment and culture is like.

Tax Internship Interview

On campus recruiting process. First submitted resume online. Had two interviews in total. One on campus, on off campus. Had a networking dinner before campus interview. Met several partners and associates that night. General behavior questions. Got back to me really quick. The interviewer is really nice and there is no difficulty questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them are behavior questions so there is no difficulty questions.   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

Resume submit, on-campus interview, office visit

Tax Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

I was interviewed for a PwC tax internship for the summer of 2012. The interviewer didn't seem interested and he looked like he already made up his mind as soon as I walked into the interview. He didn't look me in the eye for more than a second, and looked around the room when he was talking. He asked a few standard questions that you would expect (why PwC, why tax), and then the interview ended with me asking him a few questions. I didn't get a second interview.

Internship - Tax Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

I met members of PwC at my university's career fair and then sent them my resume on my schools career website. I applied for both an Assurance and a Tax internship and was interviewed for Tax. The day before the interview PwC hosts a dinner where you get to meet other applicants and speak with partners, associates, etc. I then interviewed the next day with a partner. The interview was more of a conversation where they wanted you to ask them questions.

They really want to see that you are a real person and that you have questions. As far as the tax interview, they really want someone that is driven, hard working and will put the client first.

Tax Internship Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

The guy I met was pretty nice. He mostly made a timeline of my life from when I graduated from High School and how I ended up to my current position. He asked me how many credits I am graduating with and what I will be doing after I graduate. I didn't qualify for the position so I think he stopped asking me questions and asked if I had any questions

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!