PwC Tax Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.9

Tax Interview

Applied thru college. About 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral ones and the interviewer was a manager. The talk was pretty easy. Introduce yourself. Why pwc. Why Tax. What is your weakness

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you apply others' suggestions into your work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

I had 1 on campus interview (30 min) with the manager, and 3 interviews (20 min each) in the office. All of interviewers were very friendly and helpful. There were no technical questions about PwC or position that I applied for, only questions from resume or behavioral questions. Overall it was quite easy, as log as you know how to prove that you have necessary skills for the position, and that why you are interested in the job.

Interview Questions
    • What business development have you been following and why?   Answer Question
    • If you know that your co-worker revealed some confidential information to the public, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about one project where you had to collect a lot of data, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC.

I was interviewed on campus but was not invited for the second round. I was interviewed by a tax partner. It was a comfortable atmosphere. No difficult questions but i fumbled a little. I was not as prepared as i thought i was (that is, i had no cover letter and no supporting documents e.g. previous projects). It was about 45 minutes but it went by so fast.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I applied through my school's career website. I got a first round and had a 1 on 1 interview with a Tax Manager, who I actually ended up meeting the night before the Interview at the Pre-Interview Reception. I found out 2 weeks later that I got a 2nd round and would have a Tax SuperDay at the actual office. The Tax SuperDay was about a month later and consisted of 2 days. PwC paid for my hotel and there was again a Pre-Interview dinner the night before, which was really fun. I got to connect and talk to a lot of people who worked in the department I was interviewing for and it really helped to calm my nerves.

The next morning I had 3 interviews including one with a partner. All three individuals were very easygoing and easy to talk to!

Overall, a great experience; they genuinely just want to get to know you as a person and aren't looking to trip you up or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were strictly behavioral and I ended up just having a normal conversation with the interviewers. However one did ask me a question along the lines of "Was there a time when you realized you made a mistake in something and how did you go about alleviating that mistake?"

I was just caught off guard and quickly had to think of a situation that matched this, but overall the questions were simple and it was a great experience!

Answer Question

Tax Interview

just had an over the phone interview...was very casual. Interviewer just spoke about company/position and asked if I plan on getting a cpa license/masters.Just make sure to ask questions about the firm and show interest in the position.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very casual interview,that being said there were no behavioral questions or any questions you would expect to hear at an interview.Show interest in the position and you're good to go.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied online. Have the first round on campus. Before the interview, we have the pre-interview social. Interviewer is a tax manager. She is very nice. The questions are all behavior questions based on your resume.

Tax Interview

Applied through college Erecruiting website and was offered an on campus interview, had a networking dinner the night before the interview and the interviewer was very laid back and young, interview was all behavioral questions just trying to figure out if your a good fit for the firm and the interviewer was very nice and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you've had to deal with in school relating to a group project?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The interview process was very smooth. Be "on" and "prepared" at all time. Be yourself in the interview- they want to know the real you, not the fake you. If I didn't know an answer, I didn't know it. I actually said no to a question during the interview and told them I really wanted the job but wouldn't be doing 16 hour days.

Interview Questions
    • PwC uses their new "framework" to ask questions. Some questions to expect, "How do you keep up with current events?" "How do you use those current events in relation to your work?" "If one manager gives you work due at the end of the week, then another manager gives you work due at the end of the week, what do you do?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation but still waiting on other offers from other Big 4

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I applied through my school, sent my resume. Filled out an application through the company's website and then I got a call within a week. and I was interviewed the second day after receiving a call to come in for a one hour one on one interview.

What do you consider a team to be? How have you resolved an issue in a team?

Interview Questions
    I took it without much negotiation

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

It is for the 2014 Core Tax Summer Internship program. I was invited into the Initial Interview for NYC Office. Interview with an Partner who has been in PwC for many years. But I failed to enter the second round. Basically Behavior questions.