PwC Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Technology Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 2 behavioral and one case interview. My case was to do with implementing AML software for a financial services company. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via a phone call the following day. Overall process went really really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone with more knowledge than you on a certain topic, to do whatever they were doing differently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Application -- I applied through my university at the end of January. I had honestly forgotten I'd applied until they contacted me for a behavioral phone interview in the middle of March. 30-minute phone interview -- The phone screening(on a Friday) was pretty basic. I heard back from them on Monday with an invitation to do final interview during one of their big interview days (forget wha they call them) in their Chicago office that Friday. Final in-person interview -- I received a case overview to prepare 48-hours in advance. Then, on the day of the interview, I had 45 minutes to prepare for my presentation and write slides. Then I had my presentation (30 minutes) and two behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) with three different people (one-on-one). Last ther was a jeopardy-style presentation to learn about the company. I recall the order in which you had the three interviews and the jeopardy game varied amongst the different interviewees. The whole process took 4 hours (8 am - 12 pm). Offer -- I recieved an offer via phone call from one of the people I interviewed with a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone with a different cultural background than yours. What did you learn from it? How did it help the group to excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and final onsite interview. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. HR coordinated everything very well and were very prompt with decision emails. After the phone interview, I got the email for the next onsite interview within a week. And also the decision of the onsite interview 2 days after the interview. They are much faster than most places I have interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Mostly behavioral. Leadership based questions. " Tell me a time when...." kind of questions. 30 mins duration. Onsite interview: Three 30 mins interview. 2 behavioral and 1 case study interview. Behavioral interviews have all different kinds of questions related to leadership, time management, working under stress kind of questions. For case study, you will be given a case 2 days in advance and you will have to prepare a ppt based on questions given to you at the interview ( time to prepare the ppt - 45 mins, and presentation time : 30 mins)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I met PwC at a career fair on campus. I spoke briefly with the recruiter and was offered an on campus interview. I had to fill out the application online and submit my transcript. The first round of interview was mostly behavioral. The HR person was there before the interview to answer any questions and inform me about the culture of PwC. I interviewed with a Partner and he wanted to know more about me and my thought process. I heard back within two days and was invited to attend second round interviews at the New York office. PwC paid for all traveling expenses. The second round interviews started with an introduction. Following that, you were able to prepare for your case interview. There were three interviews in total, two behavioral and one case study. I was able to interview with a Partner and Senior Directors. The overall experience was amazing and fairly easy if you were prepared and very interested in PwC. I received a call within two days of the interview from the Partner with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a tight deadline. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a global/international experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process: Preliminary phone interview - behavioral questions on leadership On-campus interview - 2 behavioral rounds and 1 case interview Behavioral rounds were conducted by partners and were based on the PwC framework. They were really laid back and very nice to talk to. Case interview with a manager in the industry on which your case in based. The employees are there to answer any questions and it looked like a fun working environment. Good experience and not a very tough interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince people of different backgrounds/cultures to accept your idea   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with difficult team members   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you found inaccuracies in your work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone and three on board interviews. Three rounds were back to back. Two are normal discussion rounds. They will ask about you and ask few questions related PWC new 5 rules .. like Business Acumen etc. They will send you a link for video. Make sure to watch that.

Interview Questions

• Phone was generic HR round and other three interview rounds i will share   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied this company through my school career fair and get an on-campus interview. Before the interview there's a reception dinner party. I got to talk to the guy who would be interviewing me the next day. I chatted with him for some time trying to give him a impression on me.

Interview Questions

• some behavior questions like what would you if you are in a scenario where...   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Went for an on-campus interview then got invited for a 4 hour interview at the office. Went well and was easy, only difficult thing was a case, but even then not too bad

Application

Interview

Applied through campus site and had an initial behavioral interview. Got invited to a final round a week later in Chicago that had two more behavioral interviews and a more presentation style case interview. They were really helpful in getting your questions ask and several people reach out to you to help answer any questions. Be prepared to have several questions to ask before the interview.

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First on campus interview is normal behavior one. The final one contains one case interview with the case emailed to us 48 hours before. There was 45 min on the interview day to let us draw the slides on hand and then present. There were two more behavior interview on that day. People are very nice with a host who accompany us the whole day.

Interview Questions

• How do you argue with some one about different opinion?   Answer Question