PwC

59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview Details – I initially was recognized at a career fair where they marked my resume as one for consideration. My first interview was on campus and was strictly behavioral where all they wanted to know was about my history and what I was looking for at PwC. The second interview was at PwC and they had me meet with an associate, a manager, and a partner. Each interview was behavioral. All they wanted to know was if my personality fit with the company and the people working there. I was contacted shortly after the interview and they let me know they wanted me as an intern.

Interview Question – Name a scenario where you were challenged and how did you solve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Advisory Manager Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Start Intern Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through my school. Interviewed at my school and was referred to the office in which I lived for an office visit

Interview Question – Just behavioral questions and things that were on my resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Best way to get in is get referred for a specific position. Do not ask a friend to generally refer you. Nothing will come of it. You need to research and know what position you should apply for. There will be multiple interviews on the phone before an on-site interview. Usually openings are for specific needs so tailor your resume and answers to the job description if you want the job. There are very few generalist openings.

Interview Question – I've never seen anything too crazy asked, but PwC is in a very entrepreneurial state for a big company in advisory right now. If you can't understand that work isn't just dropped in front of you to do and that you have to do things to grow the business and client footprints than it probably isn't a good fit for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but if you do negotiate it is directly with the partner you will be working for.

Director Interview

Director
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Question – The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews within a 2 day process, mostly focused on career goals and aspirations

Interview Question – Coming out of college I had little experience and a lot of questions were based on what I had done in certain situations in the past that I hadn't actually encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; they give an offer and you take it or leave it

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend (who was a Manager) who submitted my resume. I was contacted by an HR leader who held the first screening over the phone. Within a day, I was told that they are interested in me coming in for a series of office interviews, which would take about 3 hours. The first interview was with a managing director who mostly read my resume and said that my skills were mostly what they needed. The second interview was with a director who asked more difficult questions related to my audit experience. The third interview was with a senior partner who asked softball questions. The fourth interview was with an HR staffer who asked standard recruiting questions and confirmed my previous employers. After a week, I was asked to perform a security screening over the phone with PwC's security director. The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would support a team of 30 individuals who were not collocated and were constantly on the move.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave them my salary requirement over the phone. Within a day, HR called and said that my request was higher than others within the staff class. They gave me the highest salary on their internal scale and a bonus to cover the difference.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I worked directly with an outside recruiter hired positions (not temp to perm). the process was simple - i met with the recruiter who afterwards scheduled an interview. i met with HR and the two executives (partners) i would be supporting. while i did not get an offer for the position i interviewed for, they said i would be great supporting a different set of partners. i went back, interviewed again, and accepted the offer on my drive home.

Interview Question – no unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Associate -FSR Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – Usually they will do two interviews. I was interviewed for the first time on Campus, and then in the office I was being hired out of. The office interview is a "Super Day" of sorts. You have four different interviews ranging from Managers to Partners. You should receive an offer/rejection within a month.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral, but some technical.

What is QE3?
Tell me a time you worked in a team?
Why PwC?
Why New York office?
Tell me about a time you solved a problem with limited information?
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Three interviews, one case, and two behavioral. They give you the case two days before your office visit, and the main purpose of this process was to see how you could think outside the box. Both behavioral interviews were basic rundown's of the resume. Have a story to make yourself standout and show a team orientated approach.

Interview Question – Identify a class not pertaining to your major that you thoroughly enjoyed and why.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.