PwC

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.7

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Multiple interviews within a 2 day process, mostly focused on career goals and aspirations

Interview Questions
    • Coming out of college I had little experience and a lot of questions were based on what I had done in certain situations in the past that I hadn't actually encountered   Answer Question
    No negotiation; they give an offer and you take it or leave it

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

I worked directly with an outside recruiter hired positions (not temp to perm). the process was simple - i met with the recruiter who afterwards scheduled an interview. i met with HR and the two executives (partners) i would be supporting. while i did not get an offer for the position i interviewed for, they said i would be great supporting a different set of partners. i went back, interviewed again, and accepted the offer on my drive home.

n/a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC.

Three interviews, one case, and two behavioral. They give you the case two days before your office visit, and the main purpose of this process was to see how you could think outside the box. Both behavioral interviews were basic rundown's of the resume. Have a story to make yourself standout and show a team orientated approach.

Interview Questions
    • Identify a class not pertaining to your major that you thoroughly enjoyed and why.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

1. PWC's Application through the campus portal
    2. Was shortlisted and attended the interview with a Director
    3. Attended the 2 interviews back to back ( one with Manager and one Partner)

None

Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Selected for an on-campus interview and was invited to a meet and greet event the night before. There were a bunch of PwC employees there and we all mingled and ate, it was very laid back. The next day was my 1 on 1 interview with a manager, which was very relaxed. We basically had a conversation for an our, and I didn't feel like I was being grilled at all. I heard back a few days later with an invite to the on-site visit that Friday in McLean. Myself and about 15 other candidates were there. We met in the lobby, got a presentation with lunch, and then the interviews began. My first interview was with a manager and that consisted of a few behavioral questions. My second interview was with a partner and it was again behavioral. My last interview was with another manager, and this was the case interview. They gave us the case in advance but gave us the questions that day. The case was pretty complicated and the questions were specific to each candidate's line of service. This is the first time PwC is doing case studies for undergrad interns. Prepare well in advance and you will wow them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time an acquaintance helped you complete a task or learn something new.
      Why PwC?
      What are you looking for in an internship?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I applied at PwC through my University's online career portal. Within a week, they schedule a first round interview which was done on-campus. The interview was entirely behavioral (very conversational), and the manager who interviewed me was really nice. In 1-2 weeks, I was called by a recruiter and invited to do a second (and final) round interview in the office location I had chosen (Wash, D.C.). This was definitely more structured, and involved 3 back to back interviews with different staff leveled employees (one manager, one senior manager, and one partner). Again, all three of these were entirely behavioral. We were given a tour of the office and were taken out to a nice lunch. The entire process was roughly from 8:30am - 2pm. The partner who interviewed me called me the next business day and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was very behavioral (tell me about your prior experience, tell me about yourself, tell me what you're interested in, tell me about a time you worked as part of a group, etc.)   Answer Question
    Since I was an intern, I didn't negotiate anything. I was happy with the offer.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interviewer made me very comfortable and provided me great feedback on my interview performance. He provided advice on other companies that I may be a fit for but did give me a positive indication that I was proceeding to the next level of PWC interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the type of operations support you have provided your employer   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

Tax Consultant, M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Campus interview program. Quick, 30-minute behavioral interview. No technical questions. Mostly a brief "tell me about yourself" conversation about my background, and then open for questions back and forth.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should we hire you?" (I was somehow unprepared for this.)   Answer Question