PwC Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

The first round is phone interview, our campus HR asked several questions about my resume, and offered an office visit at the 10th minutes. The interview last about 20 minutes. The office visit is a whole day visiting, included a breakfast, 3 interviews and a lunch. Each interviewee had a greeter who would introduce the company and answer questions. After the breakfast, our camps HR gave a presentation about the company and then the interviews began. My interviewers are a HR manager, a director and a partner. The interview questions are behavior questions, and the whole interviews were like chat. The employers in the company are very kind and helpful.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Quick, easy
    Pass through, not much of an effort
    Recruiting really good, did not get the staff augmentation feel.
    Multiple interviews
    Great group of sellers

Tax Consultant, M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Campus interview program. Quick, 30-minute behavioral interview. No technical questions. Mostly a brief "tell me about yourself" conversation about my background, and then open for questions back and forth.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should we hire you?" (I was somehow unprepared for this.)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2009.

Recruiting general begins with internal network in the firm which is quite large with over 35,000 employees. Internal recruiters and Executive Search firms also bring candidates to PwC. Process begins with resume screening and then phone screen by recruiter. After that is goes to phone screening by the hiring manager. Finally in person interviews are arranged with the hiring manager, peers, subordinates and the PwC line of service owner with final hiring approval authority.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers will try and understand your approach to leadership and interpersonal style to ensure cultural fit. They frequently go to "tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not think was effective and how you handled that situation" or something similar.   View Answer
    Negotiation is possible. Key is to make sure that you have a general understanding going into the interview process of what they expect to pay for the role/position. Big surprises will shut down the negotiation process. Use internal sources and outside resources to understand the range of compensation for the position and location before starting. They tend to let the recruiters be the "middle men" in the negotiation process which can be challenging. Try and keep an open direct dialogue with the hiring manager so that your messaging does not get lost in the process.

Security Consultant (Data and Privacy) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2012.

1. Submitted my resume online
    2. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview.
    3. Got a phone interview scheduled the next week. Got asked questions relating to my background, experiences....mostly behavioural and situational as well.
    4. Got called onsite for two 1 on 1 interviews.half an hour each.Got asked questions relating to data security, projects, general networking and security concepts.

Interview Questions
    • how would you design a wireless network including wireless security for this office building?   View Answer

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  College Park, MD
    Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I was interviewed on campus by a Senior Manager. I had been told that I would be interviewed by two people, but instead I one 1-hour long interview. My interviewer was very nice, and he seemed to be understanding as I looked very nervous. He asked me typical behavioral questions to which I was not prepared as that was my first job interview. The interview was good and the interviewer nice, but at the time I was not prepared as I am now.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been to a situation when a group member was not carrying their weight?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

My firm got bought out by PwC.

Quick

Financial Service Representative Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I originally applied through my university advisement center. First round interviews were on campus, focused mainly on behavioral questions and why such an interest in the FSR group. Flyout and second round interview consisted of three 30 minute interview, two managers and one partner. Mainly looking for person-organization fit. Few technical questions.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2008.

Initial interview/screening with HR; move on to next phase interviewing with individuals within group looking for a resource; move on to interviewing with partner or lead of group;