PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Several Interviews. First i interviewed with the partner and then several directors. The interviews were spread out over two and a half months. Overall, the interviews were fair, but there was little communication with the recruiter up until the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult time with a client and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied several times on website several times. Process was lengthy and disorganized; had nearly a dozen calls and in person interviews; some interviewers were late by significant blocks off time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - I accepted terms as is which were within personal expectations. PwC's health plan is terrible - had I known I would have factored those extra expenses into salary consideration

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and contacted by HR two weeks later. The recruiter was nice, checked my salary expectation upfront, then mentioned lifestyle as a consultant. Normal behavioral questions after that.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was at a recruiting event for tax attorneys. I was interviewed by two people--a principle and a director. Then I had a follow up interview for a position with their National Tax department in D.C. Five other people were interviewing at the same time. The follow up interview consisted of a 30 minute intro to the company, followed by six 30-minute interviews with upper-level principles and directors. In between interviews, the interviewees were taken to lunch with some of the current associates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a mistake on a billion dollar deal.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Multiple interviews within a 2 day process, mostly focused on career goals and aspirations

Interview Questions

• Coming out of college I had little experience and a lot of questions were based on what I had done in certain situations in the past that I hadn't actually encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; they give an offer and you take it or leave it

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

I worked directly with an outside recruiter hired positions (not temp to perm). the process was simple - i met with the recruiter who afterwards scheduled an interview. i met with HR and the two executives (partners) i would be supporting. while i did not get an offer for the position i interviewed for, they said i would be great supporting a different set of partners. i went back, interviewed again, and accepted the offer on my drive home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Three interviews, one case, and two behavioral. They give you the case two days before your office visit, and the main purpose of this process was to see how you could think outside the box. Both behavioral interviews were basic rundown's of the resume. Have a story to make yourself standout and show a team orientated approach.

Interview Questions

• Identify a class not pertaining to your major that you thoroughly enjoyed and why.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

1. PWC's Application through the campus portal 2. Was shortlisted and attended the interview with a Director 3. Attended the 2 interviews back to back ( one with Manager and one Partner)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Selected for an on-campus interview and was invited to a meet and greet event the night before. There were a bunch of PwC employees there and we all mingled and ate, it was very laid back. The next day was my 1 on 1 interview with a manager, which was very relaxed. We basically had a conversation for an our, and I didn't feel like I was being grilled at all. I heard back a few days later with an invite to the on-site visit that Friday in McLean. Myself and about 15 other candidates were there. We met in the lobby, got a presentation with lunch, and then the interviews began. My first interview was with a manager and that consisted of a few behavioral questions. My second interview was with a partner and it was again behavioral. My last interview was with another manager, and this was the case interview. They gave us the case in advance but gave us the questions that day. The case was pretty complicated and the questions were specific to each candidate's line of service. This is the first time PwC is doing case studies for undergrad interns. Prepare well in advance and you will wow them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time an acquaintance helped you complete a task or learn something new. Why PwC? What are you looking for in an internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.