PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Quick, easy
Pass through, not much of an effort
Recruiting really good, did not get the staff augmentation feel.
Multiple interviews
Great group of sellers

Interview Question – Not that difficult   Answer Question

Tax Consultant, M&A Interview

Tax Consultant, M&A
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview program. Quick, 30-minute behavioral interview. No technical questions. Mostly a brief "tell me about yourself" conversation about my background, and then open for questions back and forth.

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?" (I was somehow unprepared for this.)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiting general begins with internal network in the firm which is quite large with over 35,000 employees. Internal recruiters and Executive Search firms also bring candidates to PwC. Process begins with resume screening and then phone screen by recruiter. After that is goes to phone screening by the hiring manager. Finally in person interviews are arranged with the hiring manager, peers, subordinates and the PwC line of service owner with final hiring approval authority.

Interview Question – Interviewers will try and understand your approach to leadership and interpersonal style to ensure cultural fit. They frequently go to "tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not think was effective and how you handled that situation" or something similar.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible. Key is to make sure that you have a general understanding going into the interview process of what they expect to pay for the role/position. Big surprises will shut down the negotiation process. Use internal sources and outside resources to understand the range of compensation for the position and location before starting. They tend to let the recruiters be the "middle men" in the negotiation process which can be challenging. Try and keep an open direct dialogue with the hiring manager so that your messaging does not get lost in the process.

Security Consultant (Data and Privacy) Interview

Security Consultant (Data and Privacy)
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Submitted my resume online
2. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview.
3. Got a phone interview scheduled the next week. Got asked questions relating to my background, experiences....mostly behavioural and situational as well.
4. Got called onsite for two 1 on 1 interviews.half an hour each.Got asked questions relating to data security, projects, general networking and security concepts.

Interview Question – how would you design a wireless network including wireless security for this office building?   View Answer

IT Advisory Interview

IT Advisory
College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on campus by a Senior Manager. I had been told that I would be interviewed by two people, but instead I one 1-hour long interview. My interviewer was very nice, and he seemed to be understanding as I looked very nervous. He asked me typical behavioral questions to which I was not prepared as that was my first job interview. The interview was good and the interviewer nice, but at the time I was not prepared as I am now.

Interview Question – Have you ever been to a situation when a group member was not carrying their weight?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Advisory Senior Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through other source - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – My firm got bought out by PwC.

Interview Question – Firm is big and global.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick

Financial Service Representative Intern Interview

Financial Service Representative Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I originally applied through my university advisement center. First round interviews were on campus, focused mainly on behavioral questions and why such an interest in the FSR group. Flyout and second round interview consisted of three 30 minute interview, two managers and one partner. Mainly looking for person-organization fit. Few technical questions.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF model.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview/screening with HR; move on to next phase interviewing with individuals within group looking for a resource; move on to interviewing with partner or lead of group;

Associate Interview

Associate
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had a screening call with HR followed by a technical phone interview. This lead into an onsite interview with 1 partner and 1 director. Offer was given quickly and started less than a month later.

Interview Question – Nothing of note.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Situation did not lend towards negotiation, but negotiation was not necessary offer was as discussed/promised.