PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting and contacted by HR two weeks later. The recruiter was nice, checked my salary expectation upfront, then mentioned lifestyle as a consultant. Normal behavioral questions after that.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2014.

The initial interview was at a recruiting event for tax attorneys. I was interviewed by two people--a principle and a director. Then I had a follow up interview for a position with their National Tax department in D.C. Five other people were interviewing at the same time. The follow up interview consisted of a 30 minute intro to the company, followed by six 30-minute interviews with upper-level principles and directors. In between interviews, the interviewees were taken to lunch with some of the current associates.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would handle a mistake on a billion dollar deal.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I applied at PwC through my University's online career portal. Within a week, they schedule a first round interview which was done on-campus. The interview was entirely behavioral (very conversational), and the manager who interviewed me was really nice. In 1-2 weeks, I was called by a recruiter and invited to do a second (and final) round interview in the office location I had chosen (Wash, D.C.). This was definitely more structured, and involved 3 back to back interviews with different staff leveled employees (one manager, one senior manager, and one partner). Again, all three of these were entirely behavioral. We were given a tour of the office and were taken out to a nice lunch. The entire process was roughly from 8:30am - 2pm. The partner who interviewed me called me the next business day and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was very behavioral (tell me about your prior experience, tell me about yourself, tell me what you're interested in, tell me about a time you worked as part of a group, etc.)   Answer Question
    Since I was an intern, I didn't negotiate anything. I was happy with the offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

Start Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Applied online through my school. Interviewed at my school and was referred to the office in which I lived for an office visit

Interview Questions
    • Just behavioral questions and things that were on my resume.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

First round is phone interview, asking about technical questions based on your internship or whatever professional experience. For me, all the questions is in data management area.
    After 3 days, I got the second round on-site interview, it was a whole day office visit. Three one-on-one interviews, all about conversations, just random chat your educational background, your professional experience, your strength, your interests, why you pick PWC, what do you expect PWC provide you... and they gave you opportunities to ask a lot of questions. All the people there are very nice and professional!

Interview Questions
    • Why PWC needs to choose you instead of the others?   View Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

On campus and second round-office visit

Financial Service Representative Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Met at on-campus career fair. The first interview was on-campus with a partner, totally conversational. The second-round interview was on-site, comprising a dinner pre-night and an office visit. The actual interviewing comprised three interviews (2 directors, one MD), everyone was great -- very friendly, nothing unexpected. Essentially we spoke about what was on my resume and they discussed their career paths.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

First started out with getting through the screening and getting a first round interview on campus. The day before the interview they have a pre-night session which in my opinion is better than the pre-night of other Big 4's. The first round interview was very basic and conversational (go through resume, basic behavioral questions). Heard back 4 business days later to invite me to office visit. Took 3 business days after office visit to get offer.