PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.7

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

it is three round interviews, 1-1 first, and onsite event, and another follow up, generally speaking it is a well structured, but the whole process lasts longer than regular procedure.
    onsite visit contains three back to back interviews, talking to three different people in the team from different level.

Interview Questions

• ask about resume, projects, behavioral questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university. We were scheduled for 30 minute interviews. I spent the first few minutes talking about myself before the interviewers asked any questions. It was a pretty easy and low-key interview. The interview went smoothly and it was very conversational and we spent several minutes discussing the office dynamics and my role within the firm.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you prefer?
      How would you like to spend your work days?
      What would you do if you knew a co-worker was leaking confidential client information?

Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 1 on campus interview (30 min) with the manager, and 3 interviews (20 min each) in the office. All of interviewers were very friendly and helpful. There were no technical questions about PwC or position that I applied for, only questions from resume or behavioral questions. Overall it was quite easy, as log as you know how to prove that you have necessary skills for the position, and that why you are interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• What business development have you been following and why?   Answer Question
    • If you know that your co-worker revealed some confidential information to the public, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about one project where you had to collect a lot of data, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Forensic Accounting Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, the I was told I was selected for an interview. When I got up and prepared early in that morning, I suddenly received a call that the interview cannot be taken on site but changed to online interview at the Same time! Instead of preparing what will be asked, I spent two hours fix my laptop webcamera. Ended up with a staff from the department said my major was not quite suitable for the position and asked me several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit this position?   1 Answer

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and through PwC's website for the internship in December. I was offered an on-campus interview in January, and then a final round interview in February. From the time of the first interview on campus to the time of the offer, the process was 28 days long. The final round interview was the best experience I have ever had interviewing. They were extremely organized and made you feel comfortable between the personal host, the personable interviewers, and the enthusiastic HR team.

In the final round interview called an office visit, there were two behavioral interviews and one case interview (each 45 minutes long). They give you the case 48 hours in advance and give you the official questions on-site. You have 45 minutes to draw up slides before you present. All three felt very conversational, which was something I really liked about the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in which your exposure to somebody of a different culture helped you to solve a problem in a different way? Can you tell me about a time when you helped a friend solve a problem? How do you feel about project management?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through university recruiting. Dinner beforehand, interview the next day. Questions were mostly standard with a few that I hadn't considered.

I interviewed specifically within CIPS/TICE. Even though I reviewed before the interview I completely blanked on which was which during the interview. It didn't come up, but I would have liked to have touched on it.

One interview was completely behaviorials, the other was personality/fit, however my interviewer asked one question and then talked at me the following 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• How do your time management skills impact your skill set?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two people a Sr. Associate and a Partner. The interview was conducted in a professional and friendly manner. It was difficult to read either interviewer, especially the partner who spent the majority of time talking about his personal career journey.
    I was nervous and that worked against me. You should try being as confident as possible during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were proud of your work and why   1 Answer

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and contacted by HR two weeks later. The recruiter was nice, checked my salary expectation upfront, then mentioned lifestyle as a consultant. Normal behavioral questions after that.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was at a recruiting event for tax attorneys. I was interviewed by two people--a principle and a director. Then I had a follow up interview for a position with their National Tax department in D.C. Five other people were interviewing at the same time. The follow up interview consisted of a 30 minute intro to the company, followed by six 30-minute interviews with upper-level principles and directors. In between interviews, the interviewees were taken to lunch with some of the current associates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a mistake on a billion dollar deal.   Answer Question

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied at PwC through my University's online career portal. Within a week, they schedule a first round interview which was done on-campus. The interview was entirely behavioral (very conversational), and the manager who interviewed me was really nice. In 1-2 weeks, I was called by a recruiter and invited to do a second (and final) round interview in the office location I had chosen (Wash, D.C.). This was definitely more structured, and involved 3 back to back interviews with different staff leveled employees (one manager, one senior manager, and one partner). Again, all three of these were entirely behavioral. We were given a tour of the office and were taken out to a nice lunch. The entire process was roughly from 8:30am - 2pm. The partner who interviewed me called me the next business day and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was very behavioral (tell me about your prior experience, tell me about yourself, tell me what you're interested in, tell me about a time you worked as part of a group, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was an intern, I didn't negotiate anything. I was happy with the offer.