PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.7

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I applied at PwC through my University's online career portal. Within a week, they schedule a first round interview which was done on-campus. The interview was entirely behavioral (very conversational), and the manager who interviewed me was really nice. In 1-2 weeks, I was called by a recruiter and invited to do a second (and final) round interview in the office location I had chosen (Wash, D.C.). This was definitely more structured, and involved 3 back to back interviews with different staff leveled employees (one manager, one senior manager, and one partner). Again, all three of these were entirely behavioral. We were given a tour of the office and were taken out to a nice lunch. The entire process was roughly from 8:30am - 2pm. The partner who interviewed me called me the next business day and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was very behavioral (tell me about your prior experience, tell me about yourself, tell me what you're interested in, tell me about a time you worked as part of a group, etc.)   Answer Question
    Since I was an intern, I didn't negotiate anything. I was happy with the offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Fantastic process and well-managed; requires more than one interview; once with HR then again with the partners with whom you will work; enjoyed going through the process to learn more about the company and the culture

Interview Questions
    • They followed the standard question list: why you are leaving your current job, an accomplishment you have to report on in your last job   View Answer
    I went through a recruiter so I asked for more money initially and they gave it to me. (only a $2,000 addition)

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting and contacted by HR two weeks later. The recruiter was nice, checked my salary expectation upfront, then mentioned lifestyle as a consultant. Normal behavioral questions after that.

Start Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Applied online through my school. Interviewed at my school and was referred to the office in which I lived for an office visit

Interview Questions
    • Just behavioral questions and things that were on my resume.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

I was referred by a friend (who was a Manager) who submitted my resume. I was contacted by an HR leader who held the first screening over the phone. Within a day, I was told that they are interested in me coming in for a series of office interviews, which would take about 3 hours. The first interview was with a managing director who mostly read my resume and said that my skills were mostly what they needed. The second interview was with a director who asked more difficult questions related to my audit experience. The third interview was with a senior partner who asked softball questions. The fourth interview was with an HR staffer who asked standard recruiting questions and confirmed my previous employers. After a week, I was asked to perform a security screening over the phone with PwC's security director. The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would support a team of 30 individuals who were not collocated and were constantly on the move.   View Answer
    I gave them my salary requirement over the phone. Within a day, HR called and said that my request was higher than others within the staff class. They gave me the highest salary on their internal scale and a bonus to cover the difference.

Associate -FSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Usually they will do two interviews. I was interviewed for the first time on Campus, and then in the office I was being hired out of. The office interview is a "Super Day" of sorts. You have four different interviews ranging from Managers to Partners. You should receive an offer/rejection within a month.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral, but some technical.

What is QE3?
      Tell me a time you worked in a team?
      Why PwC?
      Why New York office?
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem with limited information?
        Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Started with a phone interview with an HR rep who was really nice. We chatted for about 45 minutes and he told me I was his number one candidate and set up an in person for the following week. I met with two a manager and the person I would be replacing for lunch. They took me to a nice restaurant near by and we talked and chatted about the position. Mostly them informing me on what the position consisted of. I then had 4, 30 minute interviews with various managers and a partner. They were all really nice and didn't ask me anything too difficult. I felt it went extremely well. A few days later they told me that it was down to me and one other person and they wanted to have one more phone interview to make a decision. They wanted to know my background a little more and see how it applied to the position and asked me a difficult question I stumbled over a little. I didn't get the job but they liked me and said they will keep in mind. I am currently in the process of interviewing for a different position with them.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Quick, easy
    Pass through, not much of an effort
    Recruiting really good, did not get the staff augmentation feel.
    Multiple interviews
    Great group of sellers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!