Q Investments Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2014

3.1

Recruiter/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Q Investments in March 2014.

Applied through website after seeing posting on university career site. Contacted via email to set up an initial phone interview in which the recruiter explained what was the company was and asked to hear about my background. At end of interview, recruiter explained that there would be 3 tests and a face to face interview -- I have to pass each test one by one in order to advance to the next test and then the face to face interview. The first test was a one hour long assessment. I had to answer about 15 essay questions regarding my work experiences and career aspirations. Then I was asked to complete the next assessment, which was a law document that I had an hour to review and revise. I did not make it to the next round.

IT Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Q Investments in March 2014.

Apparently they require a 1200 minimum total score on your SAT tests, even if you took the test 17 years (or more) ago... I was disappointed to learn this fact and it sounded like the interviewer was disappointed that he had to turn away good potential candidates for this reason.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Q Investments.

Very easy just wanted to get to know you after you pass detail test.

Risk Analyst Interview

Very intense process. First, it starts out with a phone interview, which, if passed, is followed by an online test. The test consists of 15 or 16 questions that basically are trying to figure out if you can survive 12 hour workdays and are willing to sell your soul to your Blackberry. Then, you do a Microsoft Excel test. I didn't make it past this point.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather do one thing 100% or 5 or 6 things 95%?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Q Investments in February 2011.

The interview process started with a phone interview and a few tests done online. I eventually went in for a skills test, and then returned for a few face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I need to evacuate San Diego, and I'm coming to you. What would you tell me to do?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Q Investments in December 2010.

First you have a phone interview, then you take a internet test (testing your thought process and actions), then you come in for more interviews with at least 3-5 people (one right after another) and then you also take a skills test (on Word, excel, etc). Then you are contacted about your background as they do extensive screening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize if you had to book a flight for the CEO, research some stocks for a collegue, place a office supply order, and get your daily tasks done as well?   View Answer
    You can definitely negotiate with Q, but they are expert negotiators and so you need to be super prepared and tough.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Q Investments in March 2010.

Interviewed by 3 separate people. First interview very obscure questions asked. Second interview was very easy, thrown softballs. Third was a meet and greet. I was given a tour of the office, and the work environment appeared stressful. Long hours expected. Casual dress. Full reimbursement for travel given. I was impressed by the first recruiter, not so much by management.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Q Investments in May 2009.

Spoke on phone with partners. They had me send them my GMAT and ACT/SAT scores (who even cares about this anymore?). Had me take some overly retarded and simple excel tests that you can easily look up answers for on the internet while doing them (since they send these to you by email).

Interview Questions
    • What is 7853*257 or something like that.   View Answer

Programmer Interview

Phone interview, which lead to a series of 2 tests. The technical test asks questions about two programming languages are not in the job description. Phone interview was standard, but long. The company is ran by a bunch of TCU grads so you have to know what comes with that territory.

Interview Questions
    • The technical test has two sections not mentioned in the job description.   Answer Question

10 hour work days and stressful working environment.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Q Investments in February 2011.

Started with a phone interview. Next have to fill out personality quiz. They then called me in for a in person interview. Not too bad, basic stuff. Mostly judging for a personality fit. Then you have a skills test. Again not too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Your supervisor has assigned you with a task that is due by the end of the day. That same day a co-worker has asked you to help them with a project, along with a partner at the firm. In what order do you complete the assignments.   Answer Question

Worked for Q Investments? Contribute to the Community!