QBE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QBE.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, The first was with the recruiter who was assigned to me, we reviewed a few questions and prepared for the actual interview. I was interviewed by the supervisor from the actual company, it went great. within 2 days i had an answer. I went to the orientation which they explained the process of the contract. The process was great! my recruiter helped me step by step.

Interview Questions

• experience, knowledge, problem solving techniques etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QBE in June 2013.

Interview

I had two in person interviews. First interview was with five people and lasted about 1.5 hours, and I was contacted shortly after to schedule a second interview. The second was with 5 different people, and lasted about 3 hours. I spoke to each person one on one in the second interview, and they said they would contact me soon. They also made it seem as if I would likely receive an offer. No one actually contact me for over a month, when I was told I would not be offered the position after trying to contact them twice.

Interview Questions

Interview

One on One with CIO, was offered position on spot but rejected offer due to salary. Followed up the next day, was given another offer, accepted.

Insurance Servicing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QBE (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed as a temp but always treated as a full time employee, even during interview I was treated well. Questions were tough, behavioral interview questions, but the interviewer gave me time to come up with scenarios and was very polite

Interview Questions

• All of the, "tell me about a time" questions were tough, especially a time I didn't get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Insurance Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at QBE (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

You receive a phone call from a contracting agency where you will receive a time to interview, then you will interview with one of the mangers. After the interview you will get another call saying if you have gotten the job or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not have an opportunity to negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QBE (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and came in for a personal interview. The Marketing Manager was late (about thirty minutes), and HR had no idea where she was. The front security desk didn't even know how to reach her. She finally showed up, and blamed HR for her being late. Nice woman, and all, but a bit over her head. I emailed her thanking her for the interview and asked when they'd make a decision. She didn't even respond yes or no, so she was a bit rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with Midwesterners, if you're from the big city?   1 Answer

Production Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QBE (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process went very well. She just asked me questions about my previous employment history and why I was interested in working for QBE (Balboa Insurance at the time). She made the interview process easy to get through. She did however write down every little detail about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it without the issue escalating to your manager? Or should you always get your manager involved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a contract-to-hire deal, instead of being hired on full-time after 90 days, my hire date was only 60 days after. My advice to new hires, the new managers are horrible, so be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlan, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QBE (Harlan, IA) in May 2010.

Interview

When I was originally hired, it was with Sterling National. Fantastic company to work for and the interview process was very relaxed. I'm not sure what it's like now with QBE but I bet it's a horrible experience. Anyone applying will most likely have far more knowledge than the person interviewing. Not probably, definitely.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on making the customers experience with our company one they will value and come away more knowledgeable and comfortable with their policy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied directly for the role and received a phone screen call from one of the internal HR/recruitment team approximately 1 week after applying. I was briefly asked a few questions about my resume, level of experience relevant to the role and salary expectations. To finish the phone call, I requested and received a detailed job description via email. In the email response, the HR consultant also requested that if I was interested in the role to provide some written commentary around relevance for the roles. I found this very odd as I had a) already expressed interest in the role in the previous phone call, and b) already verbally responded to similar questions they asked of me via the same phone call!

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in this role 2. Provide an example where you were required to perform data analysis 3. Why do you think you are suited for this role   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at QBE (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

There are total of 5 stages: 1. Online application - submit your resume online 2. Online Psychometric test (basic IQ/mathematics tests) - This online test was quite easy as I didnt finish all the questions and I still passed the test. 3. Video Interview - basic behavioral interview questions - As long as you are fully prepared for any behavioral interview questions you will be fine. I dont think i did well but i still passed this stage. 4. Group Interview - group exercise (business cases) - Make sure you talk as much as you can they only record what you can do not what you can't do 5. Individual Interview - basic interview questions - nothing expected here, few chats and quite casual