QBE Interview Questions

2.6

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at QBE in June 2013.

Interview

I had two in person interviews. First interview was with five people and lasted about 1.5 hours, and I was contacted shortly after to schedule a second interview. The second was with 5 different people, and lasted about 3 hours. I spoke to each person one on one in the second interview, and they said they would contact me soon. They also made it seem as if I would likely receive an offer. No one actually contact me for over a month, when I was told I would not be offered the position after trying to contact them twice.

Management Information Technology Interview

Interview

One on One with CIO, was offered position on spot but rejected offer due to salary. Followed up the next day, was given another offer, accepted.

Insurance Servicing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QBE (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed as a temp but always treated as a full time employee, even during interview I was treated well. Questions were tough, behavioral interview questions, but the interviewer gave me time to come up with scenarios and was very polite

Interview Questions

• All of the, "tell me about a time" questions were tough, especially a time I didn't get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Insurance Operations Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at QBE (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

You receive a phone call from a contracting agency where you will receive a time to interview, then you will interview with one of the mangers. After the interview you will get another call saying if you have gotten the job or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not have an opportunity to negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QBE (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and came in for a personal interview. The Marketing Manager was late (about thirty minutes), and HR had no idea where she was. The front security desk didn't even know how to reach her. She finally showed up, and blamed HR for her being late. Nice woman, and all, but a bit over her head. I emailed her thanking her for the interview and asked when they'd make a decision. She didn't even respond yes or no, so she was a bit rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with Midwesterners, if you're from the big city?   1 Answer

Production Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at QBE (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process went very well. She just asked me questions about my previous employment history and why I was interested in working for QBE (Balboa Insurance at the time). She made the interview process easy to get through. She did however write down every little detail about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it without the issue escalating to your manager? Or should you always get your manager involved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a contract-to-hire deal, instead of being hired on full-time after 90 days, my hire date was only 60 days after. My advice to new hires, the new managers are horrible, so be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Licensed Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at QBE (Harlan, IA) in May 2010.

Interview

When I was originally hired, it was with Sterling National. Fantastic company to work for and the interview process was very relaxed. I'm not sure what it's like now with QBE but I bet it's a horrible experience. Anyone applying will most likely have far more knowledge than the person interviewing. Not probably, definitely.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on making the customers experience with our company one they will value and come away more knowledgeable and comfortable with their policy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at QBE (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

There are total of 5 stages:
    1. Online application - submit your resume online
    2. Online Psychometric test (basic IQ/mathematics tests) - This online test was quite easy as I didnt finish all the questions and I still passed the test.
    3. Video Interview - basic behavioral interview questions - As long as you are fully prepared for any behavioral interview questions you will be fine. I dont think i did well but i still passed this stage.
    4. Group Interview - group exercise (business cases) - Make sure you talk as much as you can they only record what you can do not what you can't do
    5. Individual Interview - basic interview questions - nothing expected here, few chats and quite casual

Dispute Resolution Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at QBE (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my CV to QBE directly and was contacted by someone from QBE's recruitment team approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. This person subsequently emailed me the position description and the name(s) of the persons with whom I would interview. The interviewers were very easygoing and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mainly behavioral questions such as (not word for word):
      Discuss a difficult situation with a co-worker and how you handled it?
      Do you feel comfortable making decisions on limited information?
      Have you dealt with difficult customers/clients and how do you handle it?
      How do you balance the needs of the company vs. the needs of the clients?
      What is the most difficult piece of writing that you have ever accomplished?
      Tell me about a time where there was a change in management/structure and how you handled it.
      How do you handle work stress?
      And there were a few others as well that I cannot recall.
      There were questions regarding the specific statute(s) that apply.

Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at QBE.

Interview

Have known the opening from a friend. She referred me and I immediately got a call. I took 2 exams, written and technical. Have gone through HR and technical Interview. Their response was quite quick and I was accepted in a short period after passing all necessary requirements.

Interview Questions

• As long as you know the process of your previous work, and it is related to what you are applying, there is no really difficult question   Answer Question