QBE North America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.4

Procurement Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at QBE North America in May 2014.

I applied and we set up an interview with a few key teammates. The people i met with were smart and polished professionals and i came away impressed by their backgrounds. After that i had an interview with the hiring manager. It was a tough, unique interview with a lot of behavioral and motivational unorthodox questions. It was clear that finding the right candidate was important to him. Those interviews took a total of about 3-4 weeks. After the final interview i was told several times that i was in the final two however it took over a month for them to decide and i accepted another offer after telling them that i couldn't wait any longer. If it takes that long to decide on two candidates i was afraid how long it would take me to ink a deal.

Interview Questions
    • Assess the people you previously interviewed with. What motivates you? How do you solve problems?   Answer Question

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at QBE North America.

great communication, went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    easy and got what I asked for.

CL Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at QBE North America.

Short and to the point

Major Brokers Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at QBE North America.

Consisted of one phone interview with two people.

Senior Commercial Underwriter Interview

interviewed at QBE North America in August 2013.

Hiring begins with discussions with HR or a recruiter. What follows is a Multi step interview beginning with phone, then live interviews with multiple managers in a group or individually.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to describe your most annoying trait, what would it be.   Answer Question
    Set your expectations up front.

Senior Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sun Prairie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QBE North America in April 2013.

Interview was very relaxed.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QBE North America.

Two phone interviews - really easy questions, very laid back process. Typical few behavioral and the general "tell me about yourself." Was very surprised that they didn't need more than two 30 min phone interviews to hire me.

Interview Questions

Received an offer in my home state for a full-time entry-level instead.

Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at QBE North America in September 2012.

go through adecco

non-existent

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at QBE North America in August 2012.

I had one phone interview with the corporate office and one face-to-face interview with local manager or VP. Great company culture, the best company atmosphere I have worked in. The people you work with are awesome and experienced in the field. You're coworkers are quality people. Management takes a long time to hire in order to get quality people. And the best part is you get yearly bonuses. I would recommend this company to everyone.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at QBE North America in August 2012.

Was contacted by a staffing company, interviewed over the phone, then invited to a face to face interview with VP of Human Services.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Company was desperate for French Speakers to support French Canadian customers in line of business they had just opened.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate since staffing company wanted to retain a large part of hiring fee for the next 3 months.

Worked for QBE North America? Contribute to the Community!