QLogic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.2

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QLogic (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. On site interview with various groups regarding my background and qualifications. It was held over the course of the morning and started around 9 and ended at noon. First was with HR regarding the usual questions. Nothing out of the ordinary and everyone was pleasant. Good questions asked about my experience and sales style as well.

EH&S Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QLogic (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was a joke. Job description does not match the ground reality and it becomes obvious very soon that the hiring manager and the team is clueless about the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• ISO 14001, Emergency Response and Training. Interviewer ran out of questions to ask.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QLogic.

Interview

Easy if you know someone. Interview has to be with 3 managers minimum. HR, hiring manager, manager's manager, peer manager and multiple possible co-workers. Expect all day. Ask for a seat in the shade and for breaks. Don't let them low ball you on money - they have it. Do your homework and interview co-workers with a zest. Watch their faces to make sure you get the truth on job expectations. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a mostly male technical work force?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation - no problem.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QLogic (Mountain View, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There were two phone screens, first with a recruiter, then with the hiring manager. Then a full day of "face to face" interviews with six people. The one challenge with these "face to face" interviews was the fact that some of the people were remote so the interview was actually done over the phone. Personally, I prefer a face to face for these types of conversations. Then there were two more interviews, one in person with the hiring manager and lastly a phone call with the VP. All in all the process was very professional, the staff was all friendly and congenial.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that would make you not want to work at this company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QLogic in May 2012.

Interview

Most questions were about previous positions with other companies regarding knowledge of the trade. A few questions discussing inner personal aptitude just to see if you can handle the stress and what would you do with a developer or developers that were over sensitive. Some questions I could not answer because no experience in fibre channel, but yet, the main portion of the interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• Only question that was asked that I could not fully answer was regarding fibre channel and since I had not worked with fibre channel in depth, I could not provide a viable answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't accept the job with the first offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QLogic (Aliso Viejo, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with HR and then the department heads and teams. Started with an initial phone call from HR after applying online. The process continued on from there. It wasn't the longest process as they must have needed the position filled since the whole timeframe was between two or three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: Why are you suited for this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.. my fault.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QLogic in March 2011.

Interview

4 interviews for the day, took about 3 mos. to actually get the interview from initial posting

Interview Questions

• some low level questions re: boot from SAN BIOS testing   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty straight forward, they wrote an offer letter and I accepted as is.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QLogic (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Referral from internal employee. Multiple interviews. Initial contact from a recruiter. No screening interview, just multiple on site interviews with principal engineers, senior and exec management.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long long long hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried. Not so much.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QLogic (Shakopee, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of senior engineering staff. Engineering Director really good guy. Two others of the staff were good interviewers, three were not only poor interviewers, put pretty strange. The top tech guy will grill you mercilessly and leave you feeling violated and cold.

Interview Questions

• What is special about a comma character?   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at QLogic (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Same like other companies - Normal interview rounds Here are the number of rounds ....... --- round 1 v --- round 2 --- round 3 --- round 4 --- round 5 --- round 6 --- HR SOme times it may extend to 7 rounds or even 8/9 rounds depends on the position, requirement, experience , location.

Negotiation

Iam not in a position to negitiate