QNX Software Systems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at QNX Software Systems

A Technical Position In the Sales Department Interview

The position was for a technical position in the sales department. There was one Personal Interview and a Technical Test. Good test. It made you really think out of the box. I liked it. The Personal Interview was interesting. There were many people in the room so that they could cover all aspects at once - Human Resources, Sales and Engineering.

Interview Questions
    • One technical question that I have not had to think about since college.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at QNX Software Systems.

This was 5-6 years ago and things have changed since. You typically get an initial on-site or phone interview, followed by a take-home test, followed by a followup interview. If all goes well, you may meet the VP for final approval.
    The process is very friendly. They just want to make sure you can think and come up with a reasonable solution given the circumstances. Even if you do not do well on the test, if you can explain your errors, you may still have a chance!

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. the offer was good enough for me.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at QNX Software Systems.

Extremely short phone call. Asked a few questions to see if qualified then over in 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you debug software in user space?   View Answer

Low pay, bad location

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at QNX Software Systems in March 2013.

I applied for an internship through my university and they got back to me in the matter of 3 weeks via email.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to my research. They wanted to make sure I understand the concerns and problems surrounding real-time embedded system development. For instance how to I test timing issues, and what are the main issues that a task misses its deadline, etc.   Answer Question
    It was an internship, the company has its own regulations.

OS Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at QNX Software Systems in March 2012.

Handed in resume on campus. Got phone interview on a Friday from two people. Got the offer on a Monday.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just accepted.