QSSI

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at QSSI.

Interviewed by panel of project leads. No difficult questions were asked. Just asked about my resume. Nothing technical. Most of the process was the panel selling the company to me. Someone referred me, so I think this was the reason for the offer. Everything was quick. Interviewed within two days. Offered position on the spot. Recruiter and HR didn't call until after the interview and that was to end contract that needed to be signed asap. Started soon after.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at QSSI in January 2014.

I was contacted by their HR department about the position. After reviewing the job description and doing a little investigation my interest was piqued so I indicated I would submit my resume. HR followed-up the following day, inquiring on the status of my submission. I had previously indicated I would need a couple days, as I wasn't actively pursuing employment. After submission they wanted to arrange for an on-site interview. I had expressed a desire to have an initial phone screen interview, as that would be a better use of everyone's time; however he insisted that I needed to come into their office.
    Instructions on access to the interview location was not straight forward, then as I'm walking into their building and placing the call as instructed, the HR rep is calling me, asking if I have any questions (recommendation to them: 10 minutes before the interview is not the time to call a candidate!). After some difficulty and confusion securing access to their designated HR floor, I was kindly escorted to the interview office.

The interview was very casual and relaxed. I left feeling much more positive about the organization than when I had entered. But, all that drastically changed when I had to interact with HR again.

The HR representative is a complete failure when it comes to the ability to communicate. The week after the interview he sent an email seeking, based on my loose interpretation of his gross inability to form sensible sentences, if I would really accept the job, as they didn't think I would. Maybe this is a cultural difference that I haven't been educated on, but from my perspective I provided my qualifications, initial salary expectations, and participated in their mandated interview. I didn't understand why they would need to ask such a question in the matter they did.

I question why they wouldn’t call me to try to clear any perceived obstacles. After receiving that incoherent email I lost all confidence in the company, and made my decision that I wouldn't work for that company, regardless of any attractive offer. I’m puzzled as to why they would have an individual so incompetent in a position to represent their company to prospective employees.

In reviewing other statements regarding this company, I have to assume that he's part of the 'family', and therefore his performance is tolerated.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the technical architecture of your current application.   View Answer

EIDM Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at QSSI in January 2014.

Pretty normal questions based on programming, oracle and linux/unix. And HR based questions. I applied through the career section of their company web site. I was called for an interview after 2 weeks. First it was phone interview. After that I got a call after 2 days for a personal interview. I was interviewed by two managers and one director.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at QSSI.

Phone interview with initial recruiter.
    Discusses the days and times available with the group and/or panel who will be conducting the face to face interview.
    Face to face interview with a group and/or panel.
    Face to face interview with the Senior Vice President.
    Negotiations with the Human Resources Manager.
    Receive official offer letter.
    Fill out 40 page application and submit back to corporate.

Open to negotiations

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at QSSI in October 2013.

Interview process is thorough and technical. HR is horrendous to work with however. Too high pressure - hurry up and get on board so you don't have time to think about your options.

Negotiation was brief and non-productive.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at QSSI.

Interview process was good. Pretty easy. All the questions were mostly previous work experience related but the recruitment process was not professional.

Interview Questions

They offered me the job and told me that the HR would call but i never received a call or the recruiter dint call me to give an update on what was happening. After several phone calls and emails the recruiter said they hired someone else which i assumed was because of the payrate but they haven't even tried to negotiate and im not sure why they even submitted me for the job in the first place when they were not comfortable with the rate. Very unprofessional.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at QSSI in November 2008.

Individual meeting with team lead, then project lead, and tech lead. HR department was rather pushy. Very "hurry up and get this paperwork back right away".

straight forward.