QTC Management Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.8

Claims File Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired via a recruiter by submitting a resume. Got a call from the company recruiter- he asked a few questions (mainly from my resume), asked if I was interested in an in-person interview, and gave me some details for what to expect for the interview. Within a week I had a panel interview (2 people), it took a long time, about an hour. They went over a packet of questions and wanted very specific answers (as they made note of my replies).

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding work experience, work situations, and medical knowledge. They want very specific answers. "Tell me about a medical conditions and its process, tx, everything you know about it (cannot discuss about Leukemia, Diabetes, and a few other diagnosis...)"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered less than what I was told by the recruiter.

Medical Records Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at QTC Management (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Unless you have government clearance prior the background check will take longest.
    Initially had phone interview in which pop quiz for medical knowledge was given. If answers are sufficient I was contacted for an in person interview with 3 managers. Was a very typical interview. Was contacted for a background check preformed my a 3rd party, Hire Rite to be specific. Took forever.

Interview Questions

• Unsure. Very typical questions. Interview will be with multiple people. Also initially a phone interview then in person with 3 managers   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me starting salary and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QTC Management.

Interview

was easy
    behavior questions

got other offers

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at QTC Management (Diamond Bar, CA).

Interview

Know basic medical terminology and how to use a computer. Expect two or more mid-level managers to interview you.

Interview Questions

• Questions are the standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me a time when you..." or "Please tell us how you would handle a situation where..." There are no deceptive questions. Do expect to be asked basic medical terminology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay will depend on what division/department you have applied to. Some divisions are more flexible in others to negotiate starting salary.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QTC Management (Diamond Bar, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Received a call from an HR recruiter only a few days after I completed the online application. After a brief interview, I was called back and notified I would have a panel interview with the director and hiring manager. Questions were mostly STAR based with a handful of questions testing medical knowledge. HR recruiter called back a week or so after notifying me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• For STAR based questions, have anecdotes of times you were part of a team, multi-tasking, problem solving, etc. Sample question of medical based knowledge: What is an echocardiogram and how is the LVEF correlated to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offered was noted as being non-negotiable.

Medical QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at QTC Management (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied in November and received a call back in early January about a phone interview in California. The interview was scheduled and lasted about 10 minutes. She asked basic questions, tell me about your past experience, knowledge of the company, medical background, but most of the questions can be answered if you just google "phone interview questions" and prepare based on those sample questions. She told me I would receive a call back from a hiring manager within the next week and a few days later I had my interview. It was with 2 hiring managers and lasted about 15 minutes with them asking everything from general interview questions to which courses I took in college. They explained the stress level and the necessity for a person who can handle themselves under the pressure of deadlines. I didn't think it went well because it was so short and they seemed to be telling me that my job experience didn't relate to the job I was applying for but within a few days, I got a call back to take a computer exam. It consisted of 38 medical questions that was expected to take 25 minutes but took about 7. It was very basic anatomy medical terminology. I didn't hear anything for over a week but they called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a disagreement with a co-worker and how would you handle that?   1 Answer
    • If you found an error in your report that was too late to fix, how would you feel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at QTC Management (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Three interviews: first by HR to make sure you fit the basic requirements and you understand the job description; second by the manager hiring you to evaluate general fit from a basic technical point-of-view; third interview is the only one in person with a senior engineer, the department manager, and the CIO. Your point of contact will be the same HR staff, so have their contact information saved.

Submitted application and did not get interview and offer for a good 5 months.

Interview Questions

• How do you investigate and solve security issues?   1 Answer

Employee benefits are not as good as current work place, and the higher offer did not offset the lower benefits, which was directly calculable. There is an employee contribution to the medical benefits that is rather high, travel expenses are taken from YOUR paycheck to pay yourself (at least it is pre-tax), regular federal holidays, standard PTO, and 401(k) is 50%. Work environment appears very structured and corporate.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at QTC Management (Diamond Bar, CA).

Interview

The interview process is drawn out and some what disorganized. I had two interview and two phone interviews. I had the face to face with two operations managers on two separate occasions. I was amazed to later learn that two of he operations manager had never been a QA and they actually did not really understand how our systems worked.

The questions were very straight forward.They asked about several common medical diagnostic test like spirometry testing or PFT, some questions about medical experience and you have to take a computer based test that is very simple is you are familiar with word.

Interview Questions

• The questions about they types of diagnostic testing and describing them. It seemed irrelevant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took first offer since I did not know what to expect.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at QTC Management (Diamond Bar, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very convoluted and not a good representation of what the real job was like

Interview Questions

• How will you get updates to your supervisor who may be in meetings or unavailable most of the time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes they low balled the salary and I asked for more

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QTC Management (San Antonio, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying I received a phone call from their corporate office in California to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty easy, about 25-30 min.

Then 2 on 1 interview with a couple of the managers. I had to fill out another application during that visit. Had a battery of computer tests which took another 2 hrs or so. So I think for that interview I arrived at 12:30 and left about 3:30 or so.

Then, if you do fine on the computerized tests, California does a cursory background check.

Second interview with one of the top "brass" (usually a female with a power complex). Person will let you know then if they want you or not. Afterward, receive a phone call + letter with offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you weren't pleased with your performance on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. All other QA's I talked to also started at same hourly wage. One person I know had no schooling, just military. Another had military + degree. Didn't matter. HOWEVER, the people who have been QA's for several years were actually making less than what the new QA's were starting at! I guess they didn't feel like bumping up the pay to make things equal...