QTC Management

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Medical Records Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at QTC Management in May 2014.

Lengthy interview process. Unless you have government clearance prior the background check will take longest.
    Initially had phone interview in which pop quiz for medical knowledge was given. If answers are sufficient I was contacted for an in person interview with 3 managers. Was a very typical interview. Was contacted for a background check preformed my a 3rd party, Hire Rite to be specific. Took forever.

Interview Questions
    • Unsure. Very typical questions. Interview will be with multiple people. Also initially a phone interview then in person with 3 managers   Answer Question
    They told me starting salary and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QTC Management.

was easy
    behavior questions

got other offers

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at QTC Management.

Know basic medical terminology and how to use a computer. Expect two or more mid-level managers to interview you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are the standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me a time when you..." or "Please tell us how you would handle a situation where..." There are no deceptive questions. Do expect to be asked basic medical terminology.   Answer Question
    Starting pay will depend on what division/department you have applied to. Some divisions are more flexible in others to negotiate starting salary.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QTC Management in April 2013.

Received a call from an HR recruiter only a few days after I completed the online application. After a brief interview, I was called back and notified I would have a panel interview with the director and hiring manager. Questions were mostly STAR based with a handful of questions testing medical knowledge. HR recruiter called back a week or so after notifying me the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • For STAR based questions, have anecdotes of times you were part of a team, multi-tasking, problem solving, etc. Sample question of medical based knowledge: What is an echocardiogram and how is the LVEF correlated to it?   Answer Question
    Salary offered was noted as being non-negotiable.

Medical QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at QTC Management in January 2013.

I applied in November and received a call back in early January about a phone interview in California. The interview was scheduled and lasted about 10 minutes. She asked basic questions, tell me about your past experience, knowledge of the company, medical background, but most of the questions can be answered if you just google "phone interview questions" and prepare based on those sample questions. She told me I would receive a call back from a hiring manager within the next week and a few days later I had my interview. It was with 2 hiring managers and lasted about 15 minutes with them asking everything from general interview questions to which courses I took in college. They explained the stress level and the necessity for a person who can handle themselves under the pressure of deadlines. I didn't think it went well because it was so short and they seemed to be telling me that my job experience didn't relate to the job I was applying for but within a few days, I got a call back to take a computer exam. It consisted of 38 medical questions that was expected to take 25 minutes but took about 7. It was very basic anatomy medical terminology. I didn't hear anything for over a week but they called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a co-worker and how would you handle that?   View Answer
    • If you found an error in your report that was too late to fix, how would you feel?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at QTC Management in January 2013.

Three interviews: first by HR to make sure you fit the basic requirements and you understand the job description; second by the manager hiring you to evaluate general fit from a basic technical point-of-view; third interview is the only one in person with a senior engineer, the department manager, and the CIO. Your point of contact will be the same HR staff, so have their contact information saved.

Submitted application and did not get interview and offer for a good 5 months.

Interview Questions
    • How do you investigate and solve security issues?   View Answer

Employee benefits are not as good as current work place, and the higher offer did not offset the lower benefits, which was directly calculable. There is an employee contribution to the medical benefits that is rather high, travel expenses are taken from YOUR paycheck to pay yourself (at least it is pre-tax), regular federal holidays, standard PTO, and 401(k) is 50%. Work environment appears very structured and corporate.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at QTC Management.

The interview process is drawn out and some what disorganized. I had two interview and two phone interviews. I had the face to face with two operations managers on two separate occasions. I was amazed to later learn that two of he operations manager had never been a QA and they actually did not really understand how our systems worked.

The questions were very straight forward.They asked about several common medical diagnostic test like spirometry testing or PFT, some questions about medical experience and you have to take a computer based test that is very simple is you are familiar with word.

Interview Questions
    • The questions about they types of diagnostic testing and describing them. It seemed irrelevant.   Answer Question
    I took first offer since I did not know what to expect.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online – interviewed at QTC Management in June 2012.

Very convoluted and not a good representation of what the real job was like

Interview Questions
    • How will you get updates to your supervisor who may be in meetings or unavailable most of the time   Answer Question
    Yes they low balled the salary and I asked for more

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QTC Management in August 2011.

After applying I received a phone call from their corporate office in California to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty easy, about 25-30 min.

Then 2 on 1 interview with a couple of the managers. I had to fill out another application during that visit. Had a battery of computer tests which took another 2 hrs or so. So I think for that interview I arrived at 12:30 and left about 3:30 or so.

Then, if you do fine on the computerized tests, California does a cursory background check.

Second interview with one of the top "brass" (usually a female with a power complex). Person will let you know then if they want you or not. Afterward, receive a phone call + letter with offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you weren't pleased with your performance on the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. All other QA's I talked to also started at same hourly wage. One person I know had no schooling, just military. Another had military + degree. Didn't matter. HOWEVER, the people who have been QA's for several years were actually making less than what the new QA's were starting at! I guess they didn't feel like bumping up the pay to make things equal...

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QTC Management in January 2011.

Pleasant hiring process with the corporate office, but rude employees. No one seems willing to help. Subcultures within the culture. The most helpful employees leave the company due to their unsatisfaction with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work a lot of overtime? It depends on the day and whether enough advance notice is given.   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable salary, per company