QVC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Client Area Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at QVC.

Interview

The process took longer than usual because the location was missing a few key pisitions. After submitting my application I was contacted by a recruiter from the corporate office later the same afternoon. We had a general conversation about my background and experience and she gave some info about the position. From there I had a phone interview with the site HR Training Manager, then was invited to come onsite and meet with site mangers/supervisors as well as a video conference with the HR team from another site. Next, I had a phone interview with the employee relations team from the corporate office, then finally a phone interview with the HR Director. The process for me from initial contact to final decision was three months.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions focused around tactical HR approach.   Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at QVC (West Chester, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Human Resources were not present in the interview, it was a promotion and they only considered internal applicants. I was surprised to find I wished Human Resources was there. The interview was extremely laid-back and unprofessional. The hiring manager later provided feedback about my performance during the interview, that I blame entirely on the unprofessional manner in which the interview was conducted. In fact, I think nepotism played a huge part in the hiring process, which is unfortunate. I did not feel like I grew at all from the experience and as a result, I felt very discouraged.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at QVC (Chesapeake, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They role play customers and asked applicant to read the script. Biggest waste of time to get a loser rejection mail in two weeks. There are better jobs out there. It keeps unemployed without jobs. I avoid putting in applications. Unless you a degree or longer experience, don't waste your time. Most jobs give you an offer on the table. Weeks to here from them = rejection.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at QVC.

Interview

Applied Online and was contacted by a recruiter via email they wanted to do a phone screen. Did a phone screen with the HR rep. A week later I received an email that the hiring manager wanted to do a phone interview. Had a phone interview with the phone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the phone interview, the hiring manager said the recruiter would be in touch with me. I received an email from Startwire (a program that tracks job applications) that I hadn't been selected. I went to check my application status and it said not selected. I was supposed to hear back from the recruiter. It's fine I wasn't selected, after two interviews, I'd like to get an email from QVC rather than Startwire.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at QVC.

Interview

Apply online, two phone interviews, in person interview with HR and specific department - the process was expedited a little bit as they were hiring in late May. Be confident in your skills and goals. Prep is key.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - lots of behavioral and situational questions   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QVC.

Interview

Interviews are very typical in that they are situational in nature (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, past job experiences, etc.) However, the company thrives on relationships and how you plan to collaborate (befriend in this company) individuals in other departments. I can not express enough how important it will be for you to elaborate on your ability to work with others. In addition, the company is constantly changing. The employees commonly joke that Q-V-C stands for "Quick-Violent-Change". With that said, it is important to touch on your ability to work effectively in an ever changing environment. The company consistently promotes their 8 core values (Transparency, Communications, Respect, Trust, Fun Along The Way, etc.) I would not hurt to touch upon how you have operated in these areas in past employment. QVC goes through great lengths to insure every candidate is a "good fit". Therefore you will likely have in excess of 8-10 interviews before you are made an offer. Ask for your top dollar during negotiations because pay increase is enormously slow once you are in the organization. Step 1-phone interview with HR recruiter who gives information to the hiring manager Step 2- phone interview with the hiring manager Step 3- 1:1 with the HR recruiter and the hiring manager (same day, but separate interviews) Step 4- A day of interviewing with several individuals (VPs, Directors, etc., they will all be separate interviews) Step 5 - More days of interviewing with several individuals (these will be executives you will work with. They will all be separate interviews) Step 6 - Offer of employment If you are hired, expect your first day to be a day of filling out paperwork and receiving feedback on the QVC culture and the QVC way of doing things. They generally have several (15-30) people start work on the same day. You will all be from varying backgrounds, being place throughout the company. They will bring in IT security to explain the QVC IT rules and standards, you will receive your badge, and get a tour of the company. The next 3 months of your employment will consist of onboarding and 1 on 1 meetings with various individuals throughout the organization. This will be arranged by your superior to get you acclimated with the organization. At this time you will likely be told you are not allowed to do any type of work, to just "learn". One thing that is not mentioned is that all your opinions and ideas SHOULD NOT be expressed during your 90 days of onboarding. QVC does not receive the feedback of new hires very well. They believe you can not contribute ideas or opinions until you learn and understand the "QVC way" of doing things. Not following this unwritten rule can hurt your brand early in the game (a work hazard you may never be able to recover from).

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being the only minority in a non diverse environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave the HR rep a value that would be more comparable to my current salary. She took this information to the Finance team for approval and returned with an answer within the hour.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

interviewed at QVC (Lancaster, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview, followed by an interview with a panel of 3 managers. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. From the phone screen to the interview was roughly a month.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at QVC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a pretty long interview process. 1. HR Rep 2. Supervisors in group 3. HRBP 4. Supervisors in outside groups 5. Director As an internal candidate you would think the process would be better for you but it's not. The decision is not based on your experience or your accomplishments while you have worked there. It's based on perception and if they like you. If your a minority forget about it. They don't ask to many technical questions because honestly most of the people in upper management positions don't even have IT backgrounds so they really don't even have the knowledge to ask you those kinds of questions. They tell you they want new ideas and opinions but in actuality they don't want it from you. They want you to sit back and listen even if it makes no sense to you. So advice if you are going to take a job here prepare to be a yes person and try not truffle feathers . The interview was based on relationships you have even if you have great relationships it goes unnoticed. You actually get more appreciation and praise from other teams that you work with not even from your own group. and don't say that you want to learn what the team does it's frowned upon to say you want to learn. But don't you have to learn how they do things wherever you go? withwithyoimmedigroupI'advjust.

I T Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QVC.

Interview

Resume is submitted through their website. In this case, a recruiter did a phone screen and candidate never heard back either way, on the position. This lack of follow-up either way seems unprofessional i.e. at a minimum/worst case a "Thank you for your time and a 'canned' rejection letter or email, we'll keep your resume" would be much more professional.

Interview Questions

• None the H.R. person talked about the company most of the time, with only a few basic questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at QVC.

Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive. I went through a phone screen, then two rounds of in person meetings. Every one who attended the interviews seemed well-prepared and was able to clearly answer all of my questions. The interviewers were extremely knowledgeable about the company and the position and were able to accurately describe the day to day life in the role.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the process was the time spent in the face-to-face interviews without a break. Three-four hours of time is a lot!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Normal, nothing crazy.