QVC

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Season Customer Service Representative Interview

Chesapeake, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at QVC in August 2013.

Interview Details – One basic interview. Lengthy professional orientation. Very thorough written documentation of company policy and expectations. Computerized scheduling and contract process. Well organized training. Confused and disoriented support staff. Very heavy and irrational focus on feelings. Some out of date information presented during training. Very tight, nearly stifling work schedule, with little work-life balance. No rational expectation of future success or advancement.

Interview Question – Customers who are incapable of understanding their own finances. Customers who do not know that a recurring payment comes back every month, even though each monthly bill is paid in full. Customers who do not understand that a payment precedes a refund. Customer who make mistakes and cause their own problems, then telephone and scream at a CSR and demand that the CSR accept the blame.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make it through the interview, pass the drug screen, and select a schedule.

Merchandise Planner Interview

West Chester, PA

I interviewed at QVC in November 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared to spend the entire day at QVC when interviewing for a Planning position. You will meet with the HR Rep, Director of Training, a panel of managers, have lunch with a VP, then take the tour...if they like you, you'll meet with a panel of peers, take a little quiz, meet with another manager, and THEN you can go home and rest your sore throat from all that talking!

Interview Question – Watch a segment of programming and make your callouts. Extremely difficult situation, because you have to write something, but you could be sitting in a room with the person who made those decisions! be analytical, but not critical.   Answer Question

CST Interview

Interviewed at QVC

Interview Details – One basic interview. Lengthy professional orientation. Very thorough written documentation of company policy and expectations. Computerized scheduling and contract process. Well organized training. Confused and disoriented support staff. Very heavy and irrational focus on feelings. Some out of date information presented during training. Very tight, nearly stifling work schedule. No rational expectation of future success or advancement.

Interview Question – Customer whoCustomers who are incapable of understanding their own finances. Customers who do not understand that a payment precedes a refund. Customer who make mistakes and cause their own problems, then telephone and scream at a CSR and demand that the CSR accept the blame.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Shift Supervisor Interview

Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with multiple management levels, process is very long and drawn out but gives you a real understanding of the expectations and company culture. After the process you know enough about the company to know exactly what to expect.

Interview Question – Questions are the standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Interviewed at QVC

Interview Details – Asked a lot of behavioral and institutional questions. Asked questions about past experiences, positions that you worked on, types of recruitment you did.

Interview Question – Creative ways you used recruitment   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

West Chester, PA

I applied online - interviewed at QVC in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone followed up by HR onsite interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – The interview took place in a hotel ballroom. You watch a video on the company and then have a 1:1 interview in the ballroom amongst other people doing the same. You are asked when can you start, hired on the spot, and given your schedule and when to show up for training. Then in the same room with everyone the company security guards swab your mouth and give you a drug test.

Interview Question – None everything was very basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. The offer was standard and the same for everyone regardless of experience.

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – Once I was contacted the process took about a month. You first have a phone screening interview with an HR rep. After that there is an in-person interview. You interview with one HR rep for about 15 min, then with two sales managers at the same time for about 45min to 1 hour.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions... Tell us about a time you led a team... Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in salary. They are nice about giving interns time off when asked.

IT Intern Interview

Interviewed at QVC

Interview Details – I applied online and after about one month got a call from a recruiter to set phone interview. The interview took around half hour and consisted of standard question such as what do you know about company, why should we hire you, what are your plans after graduation and etc. Then the recruiter told more about the internship and that all of my answers will be will be forwarded to the head of IT department. Next, after two weeks I got a call back to meet face-to-face interview. The interview should last about 1.5 hours, first half hour with the recruiter and then 45 minutes with two members of panel, and finally meeting with former interns.

Interview Question – What specific skills do you have that would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a successful phone interview, I was brought in for a panel interview. After a successful panel interview, I was brought in for a skills test before being made an offer.

The HR person was extremely helpful during the entire process and very responsive to any questions that I had. Kept me informed along the way by letting me know where they were in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Interview process was pretty straight forward. No tough questions, just be confident in your experience and how it plays into the position in which you are applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Countered the initial offer and we met in the middle. Don't be afraid to ask for more money. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Interviews for Top Jobs at QVC

Worked for QVC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QVC interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by QVC employees and interview candidates.