QVC

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QVC Intern Interview

West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – Interview process took several months but communcation was clear and concise. First step was a phone screen with an HR rep. Next step was a phone interview with an HR rep. Next step was an interview with every member of the team I was applying with.

Interview Question – What makes you better than the intern we just interviewed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy.

Community Management Intern Interview

West Chester, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at QVC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Began with a short phone screening that lasted about 10-15 minutes. Came in for an interview about one week later, where I interviewed with three managers at one time. I was initially very intimidated by this idea, but the managers were very friendly and provided me with a great interview experience. Waited about three weeks to hear back. This was the only downfall, I was about to write it off, but then I heard back!

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you were wrong, what did you do to fix the situation.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at QVC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my résumé online got a call back within that week. 1st phone interview was with the recruiter. That went well and I was she would forward my résumé to the hiring manager for the group/position. The next day she called me back to set up a phone interview with him. That call lasted about 45min went well. 2 days later I got the call that they want to set up a face to face interview now.

When I arrived they had my interview set up with a schedule 30min with the hiring manager 30 with the group manager and 15 with the recruiter. We met in the cafe so the interview was real relaxed. They were all very friendly and personable I appreciated that very much. Questions were pretty basic and based on my experiences and thought process. Nothing too technical.

Recruiter gave me a folder with all of this stuff about QVC including their benefits guide- 2 days later got the call with their offer

Associate Applications Developer Interview

West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QVC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by a few hours of in-person back to back interviews with developers, managers, and/or directors. Mostly just questions about your resume and experience, along with behavioral questions. Very little technical questions if at all (no coding). If you are a good talker you should have no problems passing.

Interview Question – Nothing surprising or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at QVC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by recruiting rep less than one month later. After phone interview, I was called in for a writing test with several other applicants. After getting through the writing test (which involved writing a blog, product reviews, marketing copy and internal communications copy), I was invited for an in-person interview. I went through two in-person interviews with HR and department supervisors.

The most difficult part of the process for this position was the writing test. You can't just have writing skill -- you have to be as creative as possible. The writing test is deceptively easy (and difficult) by design, because the company gets so many applicants for their copy department, and the writing test weeds out the vast majority of them.

Interview Question – How would your previous employer describe you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a higher-paying offer from another company.

Very Difficult Interview

Order Entry Representative Interview

Order Entry Representative
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at QVC in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a phone interview to invite me onsite interview with 2 Hr associates. They rol play and have you read item description. They ask questions about previous experiences and shifts.

I did't get the job. I got a rejection letter in the mail 2 days letter from from interview. Biggest waste of time. I rather apply for a permanent job, when minimum wage jobs hires all the time. I give up applying for Qvc.

Interview Question – They wasn't asking right questions. It feels like a panel.   Answer Question

Order Service Reresentative Interview

Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online and interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – filled out the application online and received a email to take the assessment passed the assessment got a call to setup a interview went in for the interview and got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for qvc. and we had to role play at item that they sold   Answer Question

Department Specialist Interview

Department Specialist
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at QVC in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call shortly after. This was for a temporary position because it gets busy around the holiday season. I first met with the HR manager who asked basic questions and went over my resume with me. It helped that she was from the area that I went to school at so we could reminisce about places we both knew. The interview was very relaxing and friendly.

She went to get the hiring manager who also went over my resume. I was being hired with six others that same day so we went over what product category I would be best suited for an both came to the same conclusion of best fit. The hiring manager came back in and said she would be in contact with me. I received a call only a few hours later asking if I could start the following week.

I had a friend who applied for the same position but was not selected. This job later turned into a full-time offer as the company likes to hire from within.

Interview Question – Most questions were very common, be prepared to answer "what's your biggest weakness." Also, have a working knowledge of QVC. You don't need to be an expert but it helps to have a passion for the company itself or at least product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Department specialist is a temp job and are expected to work 40 hours a week with no benefits or days off. Managers are mostly flexible though if something comes up and you need to leave work. Just know you have to clock in so you wouldn't get paid if you don't come in.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant
West Chester, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 10 months - interviewed at QVC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the staffing agency telling me I have a face to face interview. Went in and they asked me my background like any normal interview and then asked if I had any experience working with websites and how my multitasking skills were with Excel and Word. It was my first job out of college and got a lot of great experience working with great people. If your qualified and go in confident then you'll have no problem being considered. However they are picky because many people apply there so they only hire who they feel will fit the culture and last.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had a conflict with an employer.   View Answer

Receiver Interview

I applied online and interviewed at QVC.

Interview Details – Pretty quick and easy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at QVC