Qantas

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qantas in August 2009.

Interview Details – It happened very quickly and I didn't know I got the job until hr called to verify my address. That should have been a sign as to how well departments communicate. The interview was rather informal and the main manager asked me why I wanted to work there since there wasn't anywhere for me to go.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was made clear to me in the interview that they were offering the max comp available. It was certainly fair and competitive for airlines.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Qantas.

Interview Details – I applied online with a standard generic online application form and then it was followed by a face to face interview with two people from departments where the projects which were on offer were from. There may have been a phone stage but i missed the call so most correspondence was by email

Interview Question – generally quite alright. mainly asked about what approach i would take to the different projects which they had on offer.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Executive Interview

Corporate Account Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Qantas in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met with HR and line manager who interviewed for about an hour. Second interview was more in depth and situational about behaviour and how I would handle myself in situations. Some orientation around the office as well.

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Mascot (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qantas in July 2012.

Interview Details – Standard Telephone Interview -> Online Assessments -> Face-to-face interviews. For face to face interview, questions were asked about my background and why a career change was considered necessary. Give examples of your leadership and teamwork - standard HR question sets.

Interview Question – Based on your knowledge, what are the three things you believe Qantas should do to become the best premium airline in the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable offer - take it or leave it offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qantas.

Interview Details – entails two interviews. first one mainly has questions about you, your work experience, your motivation to join Qantas, what skills and knowledge you bring to this role. second interview mostly asks behavioral questions.

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qantas in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly hiring manager, it started with the brief summary of the organisation, and followed by Behavior Based Questions and end with open questions from me.

Interview Question – Aspects of Inventory Planning   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qantas in February 2008.

Interview Details – It started with initial descriotion about roles and experience in previous organisations followed by personal section.

Interview Question – wht are the tools used for Business analysis in your previous project   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes

Worked for Qantas? Contribute to the Community!