Qantas

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qantas in August 2009.

It happened very quickly and I didn't know I got the job until hr called to verify my address. That should have been a sign as to how well departments communicate. The interview was rather informal and the main manager asked me why I wanted to work there since there wasn't anywhere for me to go.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was made clear to me in the interview that they were offering the max comp available. It was certainly fair and competitive for airlines.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qantas.

I applied online with a standard generic online application form and then it was followed by a face to face interview with two people from departments where the projects which were on offer were from. There may have been a phone stage but i missed the call so most correspondence was by email

Interview Questions
    • generally quite alright. mainly asked about what approach i would take to the different projects which they had on offer.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qantas.

entails two interviews. first one mainly has questions about you, your work experience, your motivation to join Qantas, what skills and knowledge you bring to this role. second interview mostly asks behavioral questions.

Senior Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qantas in June 2013.

Very friendly hiring manager, it started with the brief summary of the organisation, and followed by Behavior Based Questions and end with open questions from me.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mascot (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mascot (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qantas in July 2012.

Standard Telephone Interview -> Online Assessments -> Face-to-face interviews. For face to face interview, questions were asked about my background and why a career change was considered necessary. Give examples of your leadership and teamwork - standard HR question sets.

Interview Questions
    • Based on your knowledge, what are the three things you believe Qantas should do to become the best premium airline in the world?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable offer - take it or leave it offer.

Corporate Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qantas in January 2011.

Met with HR and line manager who interviewed for about an hour. Second interview was more in depth and situational about behaviour and how I would handle myself in situations. Some orientation around the office as well.

No room for negotiation

Ground Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Qantas in September 2010.

Process include online application, group assessment, one on one with HR, final interview.. Didnt get to the final interview. Most question were quite new to me. Didnt prepare. The group assessment so far was the easiest.. You have your group and your task is to build a tower out of straw for 5minutes.. They just wanna see your teamwork skills.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qantas in February 2008.

It started with initial descriotion about roles and experience in previous organisations followed by personal section.

Interview Questions
    • wht are the tools used for Business analysis in your previous project   View Answer