Qdoba

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.0

Line Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qdoba.

Responded to an ad on craigslist although most of our hiring is done in person and through word of mouth. Planned an interview for the next day and met up with the manager. She was very friendly and businesslike, non threatening but very passionate about finding the right workers.

Interview Questions
    Pay starts at 9.50 an hour.

Cook Interview

Quick interview with manager, started work next day, simple questions, filled out paperwork day of. Management was clear and up front about responsibilities, received work uniform that day as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qdoba in August 2014.

I applied online and was there 10 minutes early. This was my first interview and it was a one on one interview. They basically just asked me basic questions like tell me about yourself or why do you want to work here. It only took about 20 minutes. Overall the interview was less nerve racking than i thought it would be and it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the first thing that a customer notices about you?   View Answer

Grill Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qdoba in July 2014.

first what i did was apply online, after i applied then there was a phone interview, after we had a physical interview, and then they gave me a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • handling stress, it is a stressful position so be as honest as possible.   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Very through. A great company to work for/ depends on which franchise.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qdoba.

The hiring process was easy for me, i went to work for a franchise and it was very relaxed and casual. I interviewed with a regional manager and then did a Realistic Job Preview, after that i interviewed with the CEO. Went fairly quick.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qdoba in September 2013.

They were so desperate for employees I was basically given the job.

Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qdoba.

I basically walked in asked for a job and after a brief sit down with the manager I had one. Very informal and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was whether to work the front of the house or the back of the house because I had no experience with either.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qdoba in April 2013.

You can apply online but at this store you have to apply in store and ask for a application, they like to interview people who are very polite and talking about the job to the manager.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing up to negotiate, they failed to mention how much they were going to pay me after my interview, but i was satisfied with the amount.

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qdoba in December 2012.

I sent in a resume then was contacted by their recruiting manager. She did an over the phone interview with all the standard questions. After that, I met with a district manager. He wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current employer to come to Qdoba. I was honest about it and told him that it was all about integrity. At the time, the current employer I was with constantly ripped off my employees from vacation pay, things along those lines. I brought along all the metrics from my current job to show him my performance over the years. Then he showed me around a typical Qdoba and discussed what the job entailed.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to leave your current job to come work at Qdoba?   Answer Question
    They made a salary offer that was slightly less than my current pay but offered a bonus plan that allowed me to make more than I was currently.