QinetiQ Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.3

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

i applied through their online platform and had to do a telephone interview follwed by an assessment day. went to assessment day where 50 other candidates came too for the same position. we were given light breakfast and then was given a presentation about the organisation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for QinetiQ

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online assessment followed by an invitation to an assessment day at Farnborough. (Note different departments have different methods for assessing candidates so don't assume your assessment will be similar) Assessment day consisted of 4 events: An manual dexterity test, a presentation, an interview and critical thinking assessment. Manual dexterity test — essentially 50 minutes to put together a robot following instructions (harder than you think) but just take your time. Presentation — on anything you want that is similar to the job role OR consists of sufficient technical data (most people chose their final year project) Critical thinking assessment — Reading a lot of data and attempting to assess the appropriate action that should be taken Group exercise — You boat has capsized and you have a list of items to put into order in terms of priority. You have 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing majorly difficult — questions on your presentation ( what you did, why you did it, what methods did you use, etc) then some competency questions and some about why you are applying to QinetiQ.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ in June 2008.

Interview

Submitted an online application which led to a phone interview. Was called by someone from HR/Resourcing and had a lengthy competency based interview (why qinetiq, time you solved a problem, time you worked as a team etc) Then got invited to an assessment day. This was all graduates from around the country across many different disciplines. The day involved a short group task where they observed interaction, a tough english and maths based exam (20 mins each) then a 1:1 presentation and interview. I guess the content of this last bit could vary but was focussed on my final year project with some intelligent technical questions.

Interview Questions

• ermm all were quite standard with the exception of my technical questions, but they will be individual to everyone   Answer Question

Negotiation

non existent, or maybe its my fault for missing the boat