QinetiQ North America Executive Administrator Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in October 2011.

I previously worked at this company, as an Executive Administrator from 2007-2011. Even though I was highly regarded there, I left the company, b/c the group I was in was unable to provide me the salary I felt I had earned and there was no real room for growth in the division. I was offered a position as an Executive Administrator at another company for about $15k more, however I did miss the friendly QinetiQ work environment. I interviewed at the beginning of October 2011 in a different division (same building), for the same position. They called me on a Wednesday, asking me to come in for a Friday morning interview. They were very happy I could come on such short notice. I arrived 15 minutes early, copies of my resume in hand and dressed very professionally. I met with a Senior Executive Assistant who was fantastic. She and I spoke for approx 45 minutes going over my history/experience and she explained the nature of the position. My overall experience with her was extremely positive, she even told me toward the end of the interview that I was "perfect for the position". Then I met with the executive I would be supporting. I was in his office for 30 minutes where he proceeded to talk about himself for approximately 27 minutes of that time. I felt like we were interviewing him, not me. At the end, he asked me if I had any questions. I did ask 2 questions, and did my best to make a closing remark (something along the lines of "this sounds like an excellent opportunity and a great chance to learn a new trade"). After the interview, I sent an email to my 2 interviewers, thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything. I called the HR office and politely left a message, inquiring about the position and letting them know that I was still highly interested. A week later, I recieved a generic email stating "Unfortunately at this time we do not see a fit with your experience". The overall experience was very negative for me. Taking a month to hear a response, then recieving an email (and a generic one at that) telling me I wasn't a fit do to experience? I did the job, for close to 5 years. The senior EA said I was a "perfect fit". Obviously, the executive felt otherwise. I would've appreciated some ACTUAL feedback on why I wasn't offered the position. I have several close friends still working at the company who have informed me that they still haven't filled the position. All in all, a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question