QinetiQ North America

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.5

Helpdesk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2009.

I received a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter told me I was selected for an interview and if I was interested. I accepted the interview and met with three employees. One network admin, the manager, and deputy manager. The questions were basic technical questions as well as some that said where do you see yourself being in 5 years. At the end of the interview they asked salary requirements and that was the end. Three days later I received a phone call from the recruiter again asking me to come back and meet with the Vice President. The talk was basic non technical just a meet and greet. I was then called a week later for the position.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate. Don't low ball yourself, when you get the offer letter try to shoot them back a higher amount.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in April 2011.

For me, I personally knew the project manager and my soon-to-be boss. There wasn't much of an interview.

No negotiation necessary.

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in October 2011.

I previously worked at this company, as an Executive Administrator from 2007-2011. Even though I was highly regarded there, I left the company, b/c the group I was in was unable to provide me the salary I felt I had earned and there was no real room for growth in the division. I was offered a position as an Executive Administrator at another company for about $15k more, however I did miss the friendly QinetiQ work environment. I interviewed at the beginning of October 2011 in a different division (same building), for the same position. They called me on a Wednesday, asking me to come in for a Friday morning interview. They were very happy I could come on such short notice. I arrived 15 minutes early, copies of my resume in hand and dressed very professionally. I met with a Senior Executive Assistant who was fantastic. She and I spoke for approx 45 minutes going over my history/experience and she explained the nature of the position. My overall experience with her was extremely positive, she even told me toward the end of the interview that I was "perfect for the position". Then I met with the executive I would be supporting. I was in his office for 30 minutes where he proceeded to talk about himself for approximately 27 minutes of that time. I felt like we were interviewing him, not me. At the end, he asked me if I had any questions. I did ask 2 questions, and did my best to make a closing remark (something along the lines of "this sounds like an excellent opportunity and a great chance to learn a new trade"). After the interview, I sent an email to my 2 interviewers, thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything. I called the HR office and politely left a message, inquiring about the position and letting them know that I was still highly interested. A week later, I recieved a generic email stating "Unfortunately at this time we do not see a fit with your experience". The overall experience was very negative for me. Taking a month to hear a response, then recieving an email (and a generic one at that) telling me I wasn't a fit do to experience? I did the job, for close to 5 years. The senior EA said I was a "perfect fit". Obviously, the executive felt otherwise. I would've appreciated some ACTUAL feedback on why I wasn't offered the position. I have several close friends still working at the company who have informed me that they still haven't filled the position. All in all, a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Serice Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in November 2010.

I applied online and got a call the next morning. The phone interview was quick, about 15 minutes. I talked with the US manager and we went over my resume and we talked about my familarity with the systems I would be working on. There were no behavioral or situational questions. It was a straight forward fill an employment spot type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in an aviation setting with higher level Non-commisioned and commisioned officers?   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in January 2008.

Recruiter called and put me in touch with manager. Interviewed for 2hrs and got call with offer an hour later.

None

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in December 2011.

Quick, painless and easy. Hired after one interview. All the questions were pertinent and on target: none of the "tell me a little bit about yourself" or "what are your weaknesses" nonsense.

Interview Questions
    • How d you feel about coming to work in a very conflictual place?   View Answer
    None. It was a nice offer.

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2009.

Submitted resume, then took a telephone interview

Acceptable

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at QinetiQ North America in March 2010.

The interviewing process was rather straight forward. I believe that I have more experience and capabilities than the people that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • As I said, I believe that i have more experience and capabilities than those that interviewed me. I did not encounter any questioning that i viewed as difficult.   View Answer
    Simple!

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in January 2012.

I responded to a job posting on my school's website for an accounting position with QinetiQ-Na's accounting and finance department. I was invited to have a phone interview with HR, before this interview I reached out to a financial analyst at QinetiQ who had assumed that role after a year in the accounting department. The financial analyst ran me through his interviewing procedure and told me what to expect, he was helpful but he did not seem energetic or excited about his work.

The interview with HR was pretty standard, I walked her through my resume and addressed some of my basic technology skills. She wasn't able to answer many of my questions regarding the role I was applying for but I figured that can be normal as the questions were quite technical.

I only had one on-site interview in which I met with the director of accounting and one other accounting manager, each interview was about 30 minutes in length. The interviews were mostly behavioral and I felt the most important portion, especially with the director, was that I demonstrated an understanding of the role and was able to convey this through my questions during and at the end of the interview.

I was given an offer a week later. They were courteous and gave me some extra time to respond to the offer as I had another interview. I decided to pass on the opportunity as the other interview seemed more promising and it did not look like there was much mobility out of the accounting department.

Interview Questions
    • The one interviewer seemed to want to drill down my resume to make sure I had an air-tight story. This is fine but if anything in your resume had been embellished I got the impression he would catch on.

The accounting technicals were basic and most of the technical stress was based on my Excel skills.
        View Answer

Accepted other offer. Was concerned about getting pigeon-holed.