QinetiQ North America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I had dealings with this company while I was still on active duty. So I knew the management leads and they had a need for support and I was interested and available. I was interviewed by contractor lead and then was interviewed by the local lead. It had some technical questions but mainly they were more of a fit type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide previous examples of applying system engineering processes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. They provided their final number and I accepted.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview

15 minute discussion. No technical questions whatsoever. It was a basic conversation to a few engineers regarding work I have done in the past. I received a short tour of the building and was out the door within 20 minutes of arriving, including wait time in the lobby. My recruiter called me later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about personality and teamworking skills rather than engineering skills and capabilities.   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy. The screening for quality employees does not happen. I was hired as QA Manager because I knew someone in high management. There were just one question when talking over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Does your relative or friend work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because of knowing someone I did not have to negotiate.

LAN Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen and than a Personal Interview accompanied by a background check. The process was well coordinated and the requirements were clearly indicated. I received an offer after my initial background investigation

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview

interview with hiring manager and many others, gave presentation. Questions about background and education. Need a citizenship for military contracts. It used to be fast process. very smart people are working there.

Negotiation

understand your level of expertise, and you can get what you ask

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I responded to a job posting on my school's website for an accounting position with QinetiQ-Na's accounting and finance department. I was invited to have a phone interview with HR, before this interview I reached out to a financial analyst at QinetiQ who had assumed that role after a year in the accounting department. The financial analyst ran me through his interviewing procedure and told me what to expect, he was helpful but he did not seem energetic or excited about his work. The interview with HR was pretty standard, I walked her through my resume and addressed some of my basic technology skills. She wasn't able to answer many of my questions regarding the role I was applying for but I figured that can be normal as the questions were quite technical. I only had one on-site interview in which I met with the director of accounting and one other accounting manager, each interview was about 30 minutes in length. The interviews were mostly behavioral and I felt the most important portion, especially with the director, was that I demonstrated an understanding of the role and was able to convey this through my questions during and at the end of the interview. I was given an offer a week later. They were courteous and gave me some extra time to respond to the offer as I had another interview. I decided to pass on the opportunity as the other interview seemed more promising and it did not look like there was much mobility out of the accounting department.

Interview Questions

• The one interviewer seemed to want to drill down my resume to make sure I had an air-tight story. This is fine but if anything in your resume had been embellished I got the impression he would catch on. The accounting technicals were basic and most of the technical stress was based on my Excel skills.   1 Answer

Accepted other offer. Was concerned about getting pigeon-holed.

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America (McLean, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

This company was not truthful about the current situation. They were misleading intentionally so that someone would take the job. Even when they knew the company was going to be sold, they would not tell the applicants because they thought no one would accept the positions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were politically incorrect and in some cases insulting. Most unprofessional interview ever!   Answer Question

I had another offer from someone else in the company.

I T Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bound Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at QinetiQ North America (Bound Brook, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a headhunter and told the hiring process could take up to six months due to a background security check. After approval, a series of three interviews were given and an offer of employment made. I accepted the offer and an official "on-boarding" meeting with H.R. was held prior to beginning at the client site.

Interview Questions

• During the background check: "Is there any reason someone might be able to influence you?" It's a question that requires some thought.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was asked if the offer was acceptable and I answered, yes.

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Huntsville, AL) in March 2010.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather straight forward. I believe that I have more experience and capabilities than the people that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• As I said, I believe that i have more experience and capabilities than those that interviewed me. I did not encounter any questioning that i viewed as difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple!

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America (Huntsville, AL) in September 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume, then took a telephone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Acceptable