QinetiQ North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews were cordial. But following up with HR was deployable. No information given unless I would email or call. Contacting potential employees SHOULD be their business. Cheap way for QinetiQ to follow up.....none. Stay away from this company, interviewing is a waste of time, salaries aren't great either.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions....   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very informal with a program lead. This program lead was very unorthodox.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

The process took 5 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR for an initial phone screen, then received a call about 3 days later for face to face interview. I met with the development team, the QA manager, QA lead, and another QA Analyst. There was no real format to the interivew. I met with two people at a time for a total of 6 people. The interview lasted too long, 3.5 hours as they went over the major applications in detail. During the interview they kept mentioning that they were concerned that I was over qualified and that they were not looking for any more Sr. level people. Work environment is very laid back with people wearing jeans and gym shoes. When they did ask questions they were pretty straight forward like "what is a test case", why do you enjoy working in QA.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Serice Representative Interview

Serice Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call the next morning. The phone interview was quick, about 15 minutes. I talked with the US manager and we went over my resume and we talked about my familarity with the systems I would be working on. There were no behavioral or situational questions. It was a straight forward fill an employment spot type of interview.

Interview Question – Have you worked in an aviation setting with higher level Non-commisioned and commisioned officers?   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in January 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and put me in touch with manager. Interviewed for 2hrs and got call with offer an hour later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview
Panel interview
Know the technology and be able to describe it.
Good to know the latest buzz words.
Expand on previous experience and it is related to the new position and try not to overcompensate. If you don't know, then state that you don't know instead of getting grilled for no reason. Offer other areas of expertise as the positions are not specific and can be asked to take on more than one duty.

Interview Question – describe raid 5 and how disparity works   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low pay

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

The process took 3 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was already an employee of Qinetiq, however my previous contract was lost so I was offered a position on the current contract, The interview was simple, mostly done over the phone, and then completed in a group interview setting. The location for the job is on a Marine Corps base, working with Marines every day, so having experience being in the Marine Corps makes it a little easier interacting and working with Marines.

Interview Question – Most questions were technical, Have I ever used a multimeter, What process would i use to troubleshoot a problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. But it never ever hurts to ask

Helpdesk Interview

Helpdesk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter told me I was selected for an interview and if I was interested. I accepted the interview and met with three employees. One network admin, the manager, and deputy manager. The questions were basic technical questions as well as some that said where do you see yourself being in 5 years. At the end of the interview they asked salary requirements and that was the end. Three days later I received a phone call from the recruiter again asking me to come back and meet with the Vice President. The talk was basic non technical just a meet and greet. I was then called a week later for the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate. Don't low ball yourself, when you get the offer letter try to shoot them back a higher amount.

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very casual. Almost conversation like.

Interview Question – why are you the ideal candidate?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Systems Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email and then by phone. The email set up the phone call and during the call, a quick overview of position specific capabilities was discussed. Based upon the phone interview, I was then asked to visit the company office for a Group/Panel interview. During this interview, I was asked many specific questions in conjunction with the position I was applying for and it involved additional questions that were specific to the team I would be supporting.

Interview Question – What makes you more valuable than the other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the conclusion of this interview, I was asked what salary I was looking for and I stated that I would be open to any reasonable salary that they offered. The salary was negotiated and I accepted the position.