QinetiQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Gosport, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for a specific position on the QQ website, so my CV was sifted and I was offered an interview. On digging for information I was one of 3 candidates. I was informed by HR that the interview would be a 1 hour competancy interview. On arrival I was shown into a conference room with a place for 3 interviewers with pencil and paper. I then realised it wasn't JUST competency. I was grilled on science and HR and general interview type Qs, and given a tour of the QQ site. I was informed by email after 3 weeks (having been told it would only be 2) that I was unsuccessful, and on replying I asked for feedback and informed them of my misinformation regarding the interview type. I have since heard nothing back. Very poor.

Interview Question – This is a very male oriented environment, will that be a problem for you?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Great Malvern, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ in January 2008.

Interview Details – The application process consisted of simply sending in a CV and covering letter. It was a rolling graduate recruitment process, the covering letter was used to sigegst particualr areas of interest.

Four candidates were interviewed for two or three possible jobs. The interview consisted of: a relatively simple Intelligence test, examples of which had been sent out to candidates before hand; a 10 minute presentation on a relevant topic of your choice, with questions afterwards; an easy programming test (I was given a Java program on a piece of paper and asked questions about it); and finally a more general interview session.

We were also escorted around the building meeting some of the teams that we might be working for and seeing examples of what they were doing.

Overall I would say it was friendly interview process with the interviewers looking to help rather than trick you. The work culture was obviously quite academic and very friendly.

Interview Question – Were you disappopinted you didn't get a first?   Answer Question

Worked for QinetiQ? Contribute to the Community!