Qlik

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qlik.

Interview Details – I first spoke with HR to get basic interview, logistics and paperwork. Next I was asked to create an application using the QlikView software. I had three days. On the third day I had an interview with the VP of Services and several of his senior managers. I was asked to present the application I had created. I fielded questions from everyone over the next hour of so.

Negotiation Details – This phase was a little disorganized. I had discussed salary numbers with the VP of Services but when the offer came it was for substantially less. I was unhappy with this seeming bait and switch. I found out it was because the President of the Americas at that time was a bit of a character and didn't like the deal his VP had struck. I almost had to decline, but they came back with a second offer that was a little better than the first numbers we had discussed. I was happy and understood that sometimes politics can obstruct progress.

Named Account Manager (NAM) Interview

Named Account Manager (NAM)
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qlik in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR as a first step. That session went really well and I was moved on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager was late by 15 minutes and then rescheduled twice that day . The process was delayed by 2 hours. Once the interview started, it was very clear to me he had the wrong resume. The interview ended 30 minutes later. Clearly he was looking for a person from a competitor.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just to much time spent on past jobs.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Radnor, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qlik in April 2013.

Interview Details – -I networked to get in touch with the Inside Sales Manager where I expressed my interest in working for Qlik.
-We arranged a phone call where I spent roughly 30-45 minutes describing some of my previous work and my desire to work for Qlik.
-The Inside Sales Manager gave me some content(homework) to learn over the weekend (phone interview was a Friday) which we would discuss at an on-site interview the following Monday.
-3 days after the phone interview I went on-site to discuss my previous work in more detail, present a demo based on the information I was given prior, role play a sales call based on an article I was given prior, and talk with a current member of the inside sales team.
-Approximately 2-3 days later I received an invitation for a Skype interview (the whole sales org was training in another state for the remainder of that week) where I had a third interview with the VP of Inside Sales. During this interview I discussed my previous work & future goals.
-I was told then, verbally, that they would likely be extending me an offer, which they did less than a week later.
-The interview process beginning to end was less than a week and I received a formal offer within two weeks of my initial contact.

Interview Question – The process was straight forward and they questions were all related to previous work I had done. These guys are straight to the point and do not waste your time or theirs with odd behavioral questions. I can only speak for the sales channel, I'm not sure if this is applicable to other channels within the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told what the starting salary would be and what additional compensation would include which I felt was competitive and in line with my expectations. I was getting married a week after my start date and they accommodated my honeymoon time off request without using any of my vacation days which I felt was a nice gesture.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Newton, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qlik in June 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email from the hiring manager directly. Quick phone call was set up the following day. The conversation over the phone had few questions about my resume, reason for leaving the current employer and availability. I was then called on-site where I interviewed with three members of the team and hiring manager himself. At this point, I should have got their decision but they had me talk to several other members in Europe. I provided references including the existing employer, writing samples and completed a mini-project for them. When I completed all the deliverables at my end, they kept me on a hold for a long time. I had another offer and had to know the decision. They could have been much more organized and direct in the hiring process.

Interview Question – What are your this year's personal growth objectives?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qlik in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very Swedish (according to them), multiple interviews, 3-4 asking you the same questions over and over and then they meet and discuss what they thought of you. Pro to this is that they may give you tips on what you did good and what to improve on in the next interview. Con, you have no idea what they think of you and how good your chances are of moving forward with the company till they call you and give you an offer.

Interview Question – "If you were to call the CEO of Colgate right now, what would you say?"   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Pre-Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qlik.

Interview Details – Interview by colleague and senior management.
Develop a dashboard offline and present it to the pre-sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Some sales roles have been asked to explain how they've applied QlikTech's corporate values in their previous jobs.   View Answer
  • Pre-sales role had a brain teaser question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer made through recruiter. Some negotiation on benefits that I had when I was with a larger corporation. Some benefits were not written down in the contract - make sure they are.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qlik in September 2010.

Interview Details – Qlik focuses a lot on the five core values, see homepage for more details. A good candidate proves living the core values in current and previous positions. The Lund site resides in modern and spacious building by the hi-way. Normally there are 3-4 interviews before, with additional practical skill tests when applicable. Interview focus is often on personality and qualities, instead of immediate skills.

Interview Question – Describe in which order you prioritize the Qlik core values in your daily professional life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Qlik does not offer market top salaries. Evaluate the entire benefit package to grasp the value.

Regional Director Interview

Regional Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qlik.

Interview Details – Through internal recruiters, from initial call to offer letter - 3-4 interviews and sales plan with market understanding. A fast growing company with like minded people, good office and Work culture - Semi European_American. would be difficult to maintain it as company grows.

Interview Question – Experience in similar product & market. Business maturity understanding.   Answer Question

Sales Productivity Manager Interview

Sales Productivity Manager
Winnersh, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qlik in May 2012.

Interview Details – Headhunted for the position by former colleague seeking members of new team. Met with her on the Friday and we both confirmed it was a go-er, then I had 1 face-to-face and 4 other Exec interviews (on telephone, between 30-90 minutes) & 1 HR telephone interview (60 minutes) during the following week. Received my verbal offer from HR the next Monday, received and accepted written offer Tuesday. Whole process complete in 7 working days. Received a 'Welcome to QlikTech' card a few days later. Started on my chosen start date two weeks later. Faultless.

It's culture and policy to ensure that every key stakeholder has a say in the hiring process. If anyone says no - and it's explored and decided it's a proper no - then they don't hire. So everyone has 'met' and accepted the new hire.

Interviews were all in-depth discussions with equal time given to communicating the strategy & objectives of the company & the role, and understanding my suitability. So I fully understood what they needed and could therefore respond much more fully. Each was an intense conversation where we both ended with a complete knowledge of the other's requirements & inputs. Not the usual list of 'clever' or 'standard' questions, but a completely relevant, thorough conversation which did the job perfectly. Including the HR interview - it was intelligent and insightful.

Interview Question – There was nothing designed to catch you out - everything asked was relevant and intelligent. It was genuinely a business discussion which left both parties with a view on whether this was a person they could each work with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on several elements - in particular I wanted a higher base salary in line with my previous role. The discussion was very quick & friendly - they took my requirements to a decision maker and came back with a different offer the next day. They couldn't give me exactly what I wanted but they were creative with the offer and despite a base salary lower than my existing role I was still so impressed, and confident that the performance bonus would be paid, I accepted it. The process was managed by HR and was friendly and efficient.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qlik.

Interview Details – Email and phone from head external recruiter. 3-4 phone interviews with HR, Country Manager and Sales Director. Face to face with HR and Sales Director. Good experience all in all. Onboarding process lasted 4 weeks and there is several training courses each month. Kick off once a month in places like Cancun,Phoenix and the Bahamas.

Interview Question – Why would someone NOT buy from us?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too low pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Qlik? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qlik interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qlik employees and interview candidates.