QuEST Global

Relevance Date Difficulty

Structures Engineer Interview

Structures Engineer
East Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at QuEST Global in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application through my university's private job board and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. We briefly went over my background and I was contacted again, a few days later, to set up an on-site interview. The on-site interview date was set to occur two weeks later. I had a brief discussion 1:1 with an engineer who told me about the company. During this part of the interview, there was not any discussion about my background or any technical questions. I was informed that I was going to be interviewing for multiple positions (I had only applied to structures online). I then had to give a 30 minute PowerPoint presentation on my senior design project to two engineers. After the presentation, I had 30 minute 1:1 technical interview that went over basic structures questions. Following that interview was a 20 minute interview with another engineer covering aerodynamics questions. Finally, there was a demo with an engineering showing some of the work that is done on a computer. The whole process lasted about two hours.
Structures questions: Explain an S-N curve. Explain a stress-strain curve. Draw each one. What is the point of highest stress in a given beam. And other mechanics of materials questions.
Aerodynamics questions: Explain how lift is created on an airfoil. Explain thrust in an engine. What is static pressure? What is total pressure? What is entropy?

Interview Question – What is entropy? (Measure of disorder is not a valid answer)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at QuEST Global.

Interview Details – First contacted by recruiter who found my resume on monster.com. Interview process started with recruiter phone call (non-technical... just general/ high level questions). Next step was a phone interview with the engineering center manager- covered general engineering questions, what my intererests were (what team I would like to work for), why I thought I could help that team, etc. After the phone interview I was brought in to give a technical presentation to a couple of the team leads and center manager. That was followed up with a one-on-one with the center manager and then a more in-depth technical interview with a couple of the team leads where they quizzed me on various structures and heat transfer related topics. On-site interview lasted about 2.5 hours. From first contact to offer letter was about 2 months.

Interview Question – Can't remember any of the exact questions but I got caught up on some of the thermo/ heat transfer questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted offer

Springfield, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at QuEST Global in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by someone at QuEST (I did not apply). about a month went by with a few phone conversations and eventually received an in person interview in East Hartford. Since this was my first "real" job out of college I would say the interview was pretty standard. In person interview was very laid back. Spoke about the holiday parties and company activities a bit and was told about the position a little more in depth. I was asked a few basic questons and that was that. Interview VS actual job varies

Interview Question – Questions were not "difficult".
reviewed resume and asked basic questions about experience.
Does this position sound interesting to you? why?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. I was sent an email stating I was offered the job with my hourly rate on it.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at QuEST Global in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview process was via email, phone interview and after 6 months of no contact finally a phone call requesting an inperson interview. At that time met with Program manager and HR admin and the next interview (which was a different date/time) met with project team. It took about 2 weeks after that meeting for them to make an offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question in the interview was, do you want to be busy and can you handle being busy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they came with a number and if you didn't like it you didn't take it. I was told that after a period (unspecified) I would get a review and increase. That didn't happen until the yearly salary review was done and then the increase was less than 2%

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Electrical Design Engineer

I applied through other source and interviewed at QuEST Global.

Interview Details – they seems very unprofessional. never got a straight answer from them during the interview. i ask about the job location they start talking about the benefits, ask about the job description i get answers about the history of the company. they gave me an offer even before an interview , which seemed odd to me. i had to ask for a job description 3 times before i got one which is not related to what actual position is. they never called on time or they wont call at all although they said they will call you at a certain time.

Interview Question – no questions at all just the regular where are you from, how much do you want ect   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – very unprofessional company

Supplier Performance Analyst Interview

Supplier Performance Analyst
East Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at QuEST Global in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The administrative assistance contacted me with detailed information on my interview and what to bring for security clearance reasons.

The interview was only 30-45 minutes. I met with two individuals who would be my project lead and my program lead. They showed me a presentation on Pratt & Whitney and how the new supply chain program works. They asked me simple HR questions that related to their core values. Nothing too difficult, no trick questions. The interview was very comfortable and the two individuals made me want to work for the company.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation that you have been put into as a leader?   Answer Question

Interviewed at QuEST Global

Interview Details – You will be emailed to set up a phone call. Then they will have you come in and interview with two people, both your "bosses"

Interview Question – The will get detailed about your experiences, expertise, and knowledge with a variety of tech.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer -- Structures Analysis Interview

Mechanical Engineer -- Structures Analysis
East Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QuEST Global in June 2010.

Interview Details – On-site interview: started off with a 5 minute introduction with the Engineering Manager, followed by a 30 minute presentation of my research thesis to three team leaders and one fellow engineer, followed by a demo from a recent hire of the current work being performed.

Interview Question – what is a S-N curve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. I gave them a salary range and they met it in the middle.

East Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at QuEST Global in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was given a call by a recruiter and then got a call after a week from the company for an interview. So, here I go in for an interview and the hiring manager so call was so busy that she did not come on time and I waited in the lobby for 20 min. So, here she finally comes and what a rude lady she is. She gave me her id and left inside the office without waiting for me to take me inside. So, I entered the office and I totally blanked out because I did not know where she went so I asked someone on where I should go. Then few mins later I was taken to this conference room where there was this another lady she was really nice. So, now the Hiring Manager finally comes in and she talks about the company. As the interview went along she did not make a proper eye contact with me and was too busy looking at my resume. While the other lady asked me questions regarding Excel and other MS office applications. My only complaint is I don't understand why the Hiring Manager had so much attitude. She could have just be nice and polite. Some questions that she asked was a little bit hard to understand since my first language is not English so I asked her politely weather she can repeat the questions to me and so she did. Once the interview was over she left immediately and did not say anything for a week on weather I was considered to move forward or not. So here I wait and I finally emailed the hiring manager and she did not even respond to me "HOW RUDE". Time passed by and I finally at the end emailed my recruiter.

Interview Question – Nothing was as such difficult but be prepared to get questions from this Hiring Manager particularly as she is really rude and impolite. Other than that its not that bad.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at QuEST Global in June 2009.

Interview Details – relatively easy process

Negotiation Details – ask what you are worth and stick to that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at QuEST Global

Worked for QuEST Global? Contribute to the Community!