QuEST Global

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.6

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at QuEST Global.

First contacted by recruiter who found my resume on monster.com. Interview process started with recruiter phone call (non-technical... just general/ high level questions). Next step was a phone interview with the engineering center manager- covered general engineering questions, what my intererests were (what team I would like to work for), why I thought I could help that team, etc. After the phone interview I was brought in to give a technical presentation to a couple of the team leads and center manager. That was followed up with a one-on-one with the center manager and then a more in-depth technical interview with a couple of the team leads where they quizzed me on various structures and heat transfer related topics. On-site interview lasted about 2.5 hours. From first contact to offer letter was about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any of the exact questions but I got caught up on some of the thermo/ heat transfer questions   Answer Question
    Accepted offer

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at QuEST Global in July 2014.

Emailed a recruiter due to technical difficulties with their website. They called me after I emailed them my resume for a phone interview a few hours later, then set another on-site interview for the Tuesday after. Called me on Monday saying they need to review my resume for other positions and have to reschedule. The week after I get an email asking for a reschedule, and I set a date for that week. Took ~4 weeks in total. I went there and the recruiter talked about core values and asked me some general questions on what I want from work etc. An engineer on the project came in and asked me a few technical questions related to analysis, a couple of them from sophomore statics that I don't remember, including stress concentrations on a plate with a hole. I was then shown a drawing of a model and was asked how to simplify it for FEA solve times. Overthought it and didn't realize that symmetry counted as a simplification.We took a look at the ANSYS simulation the engineer was running and ended the interview, approximately 1 hour long.

Interview Questions
    • What's the stress on a unit cube subject to 5 psi of pressure?   View Answer

Structures Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at QuEST Global in June 2014.

Submitted an application through my university's private job board and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. We briefly went over my background and I was contacted again, a few days later, to set up an on-site interview. The on-site interview date was set to occur two weeks later. I had a brief discussion 1:1 with an engineer who told me about the company. During this part of the interview, there was not any discussion about my background or any technical questions. I was informed that I was going to be interviewing for multiple positions (I had only applied to structures online). I then had to give a 30 minute PowerPoint presentation on my senior design project to two engineers. After the presentation, I had 30 minute 1:1 technical interview that went over basic structures questions. Following that interview was a 20 minute interview with another engineer covering aerodynamics questions. Finally, there was a demo with an engineering showing some of the work that is done on a computer. The whole process lasted about two hours.
    Structures questions: Explain an S-N curve. Explain a stress-strain curve. Draw each one. What is the point of highest stress in a given beam. And other mechanics of materials questions.
    Aerodynamics questions: Explain how lift is created on an airfoil. Explain thrust in an engine. What is static pressure? What is total pressure? What is entropy?

Interview Questions
    • What is entropy? (Measure of disorder is not a valid answer)   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at QuEST Global.

they seems very unprofessional. never got a straight answer from them during the interview. i ask about the job location they start talking about the benefits, ask about the job description i get answers about the history of the company. they gave me an offer even before an interview , which seemed odd to me. i had to ask for a job description 3 times before i got one which is not related to what actual position is. they never called on time or they wont call at all although they said they will call you at a certain time.

Interview Questions
    • no questions at all just the regular where are you from, how much do you want ect   Answer Question

very unprofessional company

Project Engineer Interview

You will be emailed to set up a phone call. Then they will have you come in and interview with two people, both your "bosses"

Interview Questions
    • The will get detailed about your experiences, expertise, and knowledge with a variety of tech.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QuEST Global in October 2013.

I was contacted by someone at QuEST (I did not apply). about a month went by with a few phone conversations and eventually received an in person interview in East Hartford. Since this was my first "real" job out of college I would say the interview was pretty standard. In person interview was very laid back. Spoke about the holiday parties and company activities a bit and was told about the position a little more in depth. I was asked a few basic questons and that was that. Interview VS actual job varies

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not "difficult".
      reviewed resume and asked basic questions about experience.
      Does this position sound interesting to you? why?

Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate. I was sent an email stating I was offered the job with my hourly rate on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QuEST Global in July 2013.

I was given a call by a recruiter and then got a call after a week from the company for an interview. So, here I go in for an interview and the hiring manager so call was so busy that she did not come on time and I waited in the lobby for 20 min. So, here she finally comes and what a rude lady she is. She gave me her id and left inside the office without waiting for me to take me inside. So, I entered the office and I totally blanked out because I did not know where she went so I asked someone on where I should go. Then few mins later I was taken to this conference room where there was this another lady she was really nice. So, now the Hiring Manager finally comes in and she talks about the company. As the interview went along she did not make a proper eye contact with me and was too busy looking at my resume. While the other lady asked me questions regarding Excel and other MS office applications. My only complaint is I don't understand why the Hiring Manager had so much attitude. She could have just be nice and polite. Some questions that she asked was a little bit hard to understand since my first language is not English so I asked her politely weather she can repeat the questions to me and so she did. Once the interview was over she left immediately and did not say anything for a week on weather I was considered to move forward or not. So here I wait and I finally emailed the hiring manager and she did not even respond to me "HOW RUDE". Time passed by and I finally at the end emailed my recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was as such difficult but be prepared to get questions from this Hiring Manager particularly as she is really rude and impolite. Other than that its not that bad.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at QuEST Global in July 2013.

Initial interview process was via email, phone interview and after 6 months of no contact finally a phone call requesting an inperson interview. At that time met with Program manager and HR admin and the next interview (which was a different date/time) met with project team. It took about 2 weeks after that meeting for them to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question in the interview was, do you want to be busy and can you handle being busy?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they came with a number and if you didn't like it you didn't take it. I was told that after a period (unspecified) I would get a review and increase. That didn't happen until the yearly salary review was done and then the increase was less than 2%

Supplier Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at QuEST Global in April 2013.

I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The administrative assistance contacted me with detailed information on my interview and what to bring for security clearance reasons.

The interview was only 30-45 minutes. I met with two individuals who would be my project lead and my program lead. They showed me a presentation on Pratt & Whitney and how the new supply chain program works. They asked me simple HR questions that related to their core values. Nothing too difficult, no trick questions. The interview was very comfortable and the two individuals made me want to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation that you have been put into as a leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at QuEST Global in May 2012.

They first call you (by recommendation of a recruiter) and ask if you'd be interested in interviewing. I was interviewed by 2 people, shown a PowerPoint slide presentation about "how great" the company is. They fail to mention that the 10 days of vacation given to you must be applied to unpaid holidays (since no holidays are paid) and furlough days/weeks. The culture is young, newly graduated people mostly, with the occasional senior.

Interview Questions
    • They really were curious about my ability to use MS Office.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. There was an offer letter with the ability to accept or reject it.