Quad/Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.5

Finishing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics (Augusta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I basically was asked about my past jobs. Then was explained what I will be doing as a Finishing Technician. What I will be wearing and what is expected of me. A very simple interview. Once I got hired on the spot i had to do a consent form for background check and had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past jobs.   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 15-minute telephone interview with HR representative. Interview questions were typical. I never received a phone call despite a follow-up. I suspect I was overqualified because the pay range was lower than I expected. She asked for a range, I gave it, she said they could meet it, then she later quoted a lower range than what I noted later in the interview. Weird.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to proofreading experience, salary expectations, etc.   Answer Question

Productiom Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics in June 2015.

Interview

Sent a resume to a recruiter who answered with a a couple emails, which lead to having first a detailed phone screen by a recruiter, then driving to QUAD where I met with met two people who asked questions a face to face

Interview Questions

• why do you have so many jobs   1 Answer

Corporate Trainee Interview

Interview

A career fair interview with two current trainees, completed online application, a phone interview with two current trainees, two in-person and on-site interviews with trainee program manager and executive sponsor and tour of corporate facilities and lunch with more current trainees

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics.

Interview

I was told about the opening, and how serious the job is - needing to be available 24/7 to serve the customer's needs. I was told about the Imaging department and the various roles each team had. I had 2 interviews, the second one coming after I sent a thank you/follow-up email to the person who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Interview

Standard sit down interview where you sell yourself. It was not really difficult at all. No need to do research on the company because there isnt a lot of printers here.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and went through 2 different phone interviews before I was asked to come in and interview in person. First in person interview went extremely well. I felt like I had it in the bag. I felt like the people I interviewed with were impressed with my portfolio and what I had to say. A few weeks later I was asked to come in for a fourth meeting. This was to complete a design test. I still had a positive vibe afterwards. Then they said they were still about 1-2 months from making a decision. I was very surprised. I had been talking with them and interviewing with them for 3 months already when they told me this. That made me think they might be just stringing me along. I still haven't heard anything from them and it's been about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day like?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics (Waukesha, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, got an email to have a phone interview first. I replied with my available date, and time, but I didn’t get reply. Out of nowhere I was asked to have person interview without have to do the phone interview. I was on time, two employer was at the interview first, and then a third person join them.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics (Woburn, MA).

Interview

I began the interview process in March 2014. I had interviewed via telephone with the Corporate Office Human Resources. I was then called for a second telephone interview with two Senior Safety Managers for approx. 45 minutes. I then was called for an interview at the local facility and interviewed with three more managers and a person from Human Resources this took approx. 2 hrs. I had one more in person interview at the local facility with one of the Senior Safety Managers that I had interviewed with via telephone. After waiting several weeks I sent emails to the Corporate Human Resource employee who did not have an answer. I then emailed the local Human Resource employee who had no answer. Finally sometime in June I was notified via email that I did not get the position with the explanation that they were going to move in a different direction.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quad/Graphics (Sussex, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Typical interview process. I was initially contacted for phone interview. Throughout the whole interview process, I believe the most difficult questions were asked during the phone interview. After the phone interview, I was called for an initial onsite interview and interviewed separately with 3 different managers. Then, second on-site interview with director and department and team manger. Lastly, the third interview with team and department manager. Many opportunities to ask questions and clarify any understanding of the position. Overall the interview questions are very basic, nothing to extreme or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and your manager disagreed on something   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did ask if there was room to negotiate. Suggested a range I was looking for and offer was increased by 5%.