Quaker Steak & Lube

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quaker Steak & Lube

Wingo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube in May 2014.

I applied online, got called a few days later then had my interview. I actually applied for server but I have never served before so the GM asked if Wingo would be a position I would like to try.

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube in February 2013.

when store was opening. very easy process. applied online called for interview at location of store. since it was still in construction the interview was in a construction trailer. small space but it worked.

Interview Questions
    • asked if you were comfortable using a cash register. asked why you thought you were an eligible candidate to greet the guests walking in the door to their company.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube in May 2009.

I knew a person that worked there and they hired me on the spot.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube in February 2009.

Pretty easy -- I just walked in and described my past experience as a waitress. Since I've already done a ton of waitressing in my life, the manager who was interviewing me pretty much hired me on the spot. I was working within a few days, and now I work full-time.

Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube.

The store's staff had a party at the place I was working before Quaker and one of the employees was injured. I patched him up really well and the kitchen manager said to call him soon, he would have a job for me. The interview process was the standard interview packet that many employers use with general questions and schedule information.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube in September 2010.

I found the company's add on my University's website, so I went to the place that they had listed. They did immediate interviews, and it lasted about 15 minutes. They asked pretty standard interview questions, and seemed more keen on attitude and personality than experience. Once I was done, they pretty much told me that I would be hired, and then called within the next couple of days. However, they didn't obtain a license to open until 3 months later.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything.