Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – it's a long interview from 9:30 am to 4:50 pm.there are 6 interviewers.the first one just ask for you information. the other 5 interviewers asked technique question. they were asking me questions even when I was having lunch. It's a long day. So be prepared. Sleep well the night before.

Interview Question – what 's the steps of synthesis?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details – great experience. Had an awesome interview . more like a holiday , 3 rounds of interview , digital, verilog, and verification. awesome accomodation.

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – Questions about designing Logic modules using gates and transistors. Questions about setup time, hold time etc. Design problem as pattern recognizer design. Interviewed by a non-native america, weird accent.

Interview Question – Using only NAND gate to design some logic   View Answer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – 2 on campus interview. They will ask question based on your resume. As for me, they ask some questions on C++, verilog, computer architecure techniques. After interview, they inform me of the offer on the next week. Then they help me process the accommodation, offer acception form and so on.

Interview Question – Write the verilog of ROB on a paper.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1 telephone prelimnary interview
4 rounds of face to face technical interview no hr round
all 4 interviews done in single day
result announced in 2 days
interviews included questions on STA, synthesis, RTL coding and a few aptitude questions
each interview was for about an hour each
RTL design questions were related to AXI protocol as they were looking for Soc integration position

Interview Question – using a simple logic gate, convert a SET type flop to a RESET type flop   View Answer

Reason for Declining – only 10% salary raise offered

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked questions about synchronization between different clock domains, setup and hold time, low power design techniques, and a few Verilog questions

Interview Questions

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview Details – Resume was shortlisted and I was called for the interview. 2 rounds of Technical Interview for Design & Verification. Verification Interview was on state machine design, Verilog coding & scheduling problems. Should be easy if you are strong in Digital Eletronics. Design Interview was standard. The interviewer asked me to design an Asynchronous FIFO; False paths, Multi-Cycle paths; Clock Domain Conversion; 1 bit transfer between 2 different clocks; Metastability etc..

Interview Question – False paths and Multiple cycle path examples.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm ASIC Design Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.