Qualcomm ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Total process took about a month. Phone interview for 45 min. Onsite interview was lengthy with 6 different people for 1 hr each. Got the offer in 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Flip-flops, tristate buffer, logic design   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Direct on-site with out phone interview at Atheros

Interview Questions

• Everything was easy. Counter Design using Moore Machine, Counter Code in verilog, Clock Domain Crossing Questions and MCP in PT   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

great experience. Had an awesome interview . more like a holiday , 3 rounds of interview , digital, verilog, and verification. awesome accomodation.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

it's a long interview from 9:30 am to 4:50 pm.there are 6 interviewers.the first one just ask for you information. the other 5 interviewers asked technique question. they were asking me questions even when I was having lunch. It's a long day. So be prepared. Sleep well the night before.

Interview Questions

• what 's the steps of synthesis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Questions about designing Logic modules using gates and transistors. Questions about setup time, hold time etc. Design problem as pattern recognizer design. Interviewed by a non-native america, weird accent.

Interview Questions

• Using only NAND gate to design some logic   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

2 on campus interview. They will ask question based on your resume. As for me, they ask some questions on C++, verilog, computer architecure techniques. After interview, they inform me of the offer on the next week. Then they help me process the accommodation, offer acception form and so on.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview

Asked questions about synchronization between different clock domains, setup and hold time, low power design techniques, and a few Verilog questions

Interview Questions

• How to bring a signal from one clock domain to another   1 Answer
    • Describe several methods for low power design   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview

Resume was shortlisted and I was called for the interview. 2 rounds of Technical Interview for Design & Verification. Verification Interview was on state machine design, Verilog coding & scheduling problems. Should be easy if you are strong in Digital Eletronics. Design Interview was standard. The interviewer asked me to design an Asynchronous FIFO; False paths, Multi-Cycle paths; Clock Domain Conversion; 1 bit transfer between 2 different clocks; Metastability etc..

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bangalore (India)) in October 2009.

Interview

1 telephone prelimnary interview 4 rounds of face to face technical interview no hr round all 4 interviews done in single day result announced in 2 days interviews included questions on STA, synthesis, RTL coding and a few aptitude questions each interview was for about an hour each RTL design questions were related to AXI protocol as they were looking for Soc integration position

Interview Questions

• using a simple logic gate, convert a SET type flop to a RESET type flop   1 Answer

only 10% salary raise offered