Qualcomm Associate Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

3.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm.

A technical test conducted online consisting of IQ, technical and coding based question followed by a technical interview with questions based on resume and past coursework.
Based on that I was given an intern position and we were expected to perform well and an exit interview was conducted by senior HR

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Associate Engineer Interview

It has four rounds of interview. To begin with we had a written test and then a technical interview. Followed by a Hr interview. After the internship we also had a exit hr interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my how I would debug a certain code as well as how many types of testing are totally present in this kind of a job.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

It was an on-campus recruitment drive and there was an online written test followed by two technical and one HR interview a week after the test results were out.
    The written test consisted of three sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Programming, VLSI/Communication. I appeared for the job in VLSI domain. There are basic questions asked in VLSI from Verilog,Digital Circuits, Microprocessor and programming questions included just finding the output for simple programs involving loops and selecting the correct implementation of a code,questions are not language specific, they are written in terms of algorithms. Quantitative Aptitude is also very simple.
    There were two technical interviews. In my first intterview questions were basically targeted at CMOS Devices and my projects that i had done during my B.Tech.
    In the second round of interiew questions were about digital system design(front end) and he also asked a few puzzles just to check the approach for tackling the question
    In the last round, just salary details were mentioned to me and i got selected.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a disc with alternate black and white sectors and it is rotating and we need to judge the direction of rotation of the disc.   View Answers (3)
    Keep the basics of digital circuits prepared and try to be talkative during the course of interview and try to tell them what approach you are following while tackling a question.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

There was an online test based on three fields - Software, VLSI and Communication. We had to select either one and had to undertake the test. It consisted three parts. Basic programming, aptitude and the selected topic.
      The shortlisted candidates list was announced in two days. The final interview process had three rounds. Two technical and one H.R. round (Only the selected candidates were allowed for H.R. round). Results were announced within 30mins after completing the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Through understanding of the basic concepts is a must. Technical understanding of Network analysis, Amplifiers, VLSI, Computer architecture and Logic designing is very much required.
        No unexpected questions were asked. The difficulty of questions varied from very easy to moderately difficult (Concept oriented).
        Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Written test and 2 techincal interview and 1 HR

Interview Questions
    • They asked most questions from wireless communication which I successfully answered but they also asked questions related to VLSI systems and FSM.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

offline selection.. notification y my college friends who are already in the comoany.. 1 day interview aroiund 5 rounds.. prefers btechs from nit's mostly..

Interview Questions
    no negotiations as i am a fresher, fixed offer..

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Campus Selection : Online Exam -> 1st general tech round ( VHDL, Quiz, Puzzles, CMOS, Core ECE Subjects etc) -> 2nd rigorous tech round ( CMOS, Core Subjects etc...) -> HR Round - > Results
    Actually in interviews they want to see your approach to answer a question rather the answer !!

Interview Questions
    • Scmitt Trigger working :P and which would you prefer among pMOS and nMOS as an universal gate ..... !!   View Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm.

written test, two technical rounds and one HR. The interview process was carried out within the campus premises. first round is fully technical. most questions from communications , signal processing. second round was all about coding and my project. finally HR which we can perform easily. out of 153 , 4 got selected.

Interview Questions
    • i dont think that the questions were difficult. almost all of them were from basics.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

it was an on campus recruitment process. The process involved a written test comprising of logical, coding and VLSI sections each consisting of 20 questions with no -ve marking. The test conduction is outsourced to another company.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

It was an on-site interview at Hyderabad. There were two technical rounds, one managerial round and an HR round. The first technical started as an icebreaker with basic C questions but progressed into a probing mode soon with focus on computer architecture. The second one was fine and I got the questions except one number puzzle one. The managerial round had technical questions as well as a a puzzle question which really dificult. HR round was a cakewalk.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main elements of an RTOS?   View Answer
    • Make 300 using the numbers from 1 to 9 in the same order (i.e. 1,2,3,,,,,,,) and can use any mathematical symbols and combine them too as in 12/3+4*567 etc.   View Answers (3)
    • SIMD, MIMD, cache,   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!