Qualcomm

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail stating they were interested. The phone interview wasn't too bad, it lasted about 1 hour and focused mainly on technical programming questions. The on-site interview was pretty intense. I interviewed with 4 different people where they grilled me on technical questions. They are mostly interested in data storage and retrieval; hash tables, binary search trees, etc.

Interview Question – Given a list from 1 to 100, name all the different ways you can determine if there are duplicates. Which is the most efficient?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer
Boulder, CO

I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Invited for a phone interview after 2 months.

Interview Question – Questions about RTOS   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details – A two hour technical interview, followed by a four hour technical interview + 1/2 with human resources. Asked to write program in to find greatest common factor, code the bubble sort algorithm, swap a string (end to end) and determine if it is a palindrome, and a parser. Was impressed with most of the people I met. Seems like a good organization.

Interview Question – One of the interviews was with a guy from Brazil. Even though I actually speak Spanish, I had a very hard time understanding him. He asked a question about writing a parser (code something that will extract part of a string and put it in a hash to determine if it is a duplicate). I didn't understand everything he was saying, but didn't want to be rude, so I did the best I could, but I am pretty sure I missed some of what he was saying.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied online. Some questions asked:
Write code to:
1. convert from big endian to small endian.
2. convert decimal to binary.
3. Return the n element from end of a linked list.
4. Count the occurrence of every word

Interview Question – what is the significance of '20 log x'?   View Answers (2)

Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone about a hiring event for their Colorado office, which took place about a month after the initial call. They flew me out to Colorado with flight, hotel, and meals paid for. Event included campus tour, Q&A session, and the interviews. There were three 45 minute interviews on computer algorithms, debugging, and multithreading.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me ended up being a multithreading question, mostly because it was the subject least familiar to me.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – this is at colorado. Only has one interview

Interview Question – what is heap storage   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I got the mail from HR requesting a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard, testing your basics in C and a bit in UNIX. The next day, I got an invitation for a second phone interview. This was also technical, more focused on testing skills on networking along with a few questions on my resume and a logical question.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Pretty standard questions like reversing a string in C etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. The pay was good for an intern :)

Embedded S/W Engineer At Boulder Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied and got a call within a week . Had 2 phone and 1 on site .
phone 1 - pretty basic c questions - pointers , static var etc
phone 2 - basic quests on tree , linked list , some synchronization questions,mutiple reader writer question - ntn out of the ordinary .

on site - since it was embedded , prepared a lot on OS concepts. sadly nothing much was asked .
focused on bits , how to handle overflow of integers . simple lock quests.
linked list - insert into sorted LL
tree - find common ancestor in BST
some deadlock question , how to avoid .
given a file that has numbers that represent age of people , find the median .
since it is age , we know the range ( 0-100 ) . read the file and store the numbers in array of 100 elements .

Interview Question – one of my projects had patterns of shortest distance path . Hence was asked couple of questions in graph .   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – The over all interview was a pleasant experience. The interview consisted of 4 one on one interviewers asking technical questions and one HR session.

Interview Question – A brain teaser question where we have to find out 45 minutes with the help of two ropes. Given that one rope burns completely in 1 Hr and the rate or burning is not consistent.   View Answers (2)

Early Identification Program Intern Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Simple and straightforward. Asked me about some previous work I had done at an internship.

Interview Question – No real technical questions. Only questions about my previous work.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in Boulder, CO. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.