Qualcomm

Qualcomm Interview Questions in Boulder, CO

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail stating they were interested. The phone interview wasn't too bad, it lasted about 1 hour and focused mainly on technical programming questions. The on-site interview was pretty intense. I interviewed with 4 different people where they grilled me on technical questions. They are mostly interested in data storage and retrieval; hash tables, binary search trees, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list from 1 to 100, name all the different ways you can determine if there are duplicates. Which is the most efficient?   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

A two hour technical interview, followed by a four hour technical interview + 1/2 with human resources. Asked to write program in to find greatest common factor, code the bubble sort algorithm, swap a string (end to end) and determine if it is a palindrome, and a parser. Was impressed with most of the people I met. Seems like a good organization.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviews was with a guy from Brazil. Even though I actually speak Spanish, I had a very hard time understanding him. He asked a question about writing a parser (code something that will extract part of a string and put it in a hash to determine if it is a duplicate). I didn't understand everything he was saying, but didn't want to be rude, so I did the best I could, but I am pretty sure I missed some of what he was saying.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Applied online. Invited for a phone interview after 2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online. Some questions asked:
    Write code to:
    1. convert from big endian to small endian.
    2. convert decimal to binary.
    3. Return the n element from end of a linked list.
    4. Count the occurrence of every word

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

I was contacted by phone about a hiring event for their Colorado office, which took place about a month after the initial call. They flew me out to Colorado with flight, hotel, and meals paid for. Event included campus tour, Q&A session, and the interviews. There were three 45 minute interviews on computer algorithms, debugging, and multithreading.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me ended up being a multithreading question, mostly because it was the subject least familiar to me.   View Answer

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I got the mail from HR requesting a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard, testing your basics in C and a bit in UNIX. The next day, I got an invitation for a second phone interview. This was also technical, more focused on testing skills on networking along with a few questions on my resume and a logical question.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Pretty standard questions like reversing a string in C etc.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. The pay was good for an intern :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The over all interview was a pleasant experience. The interview consisted of 4 one on one interviewers asking technical questions and one HR session.

Interview Questions
    • A brain teaser question where we have to find out 45 minutes with the help of two ropes. Given that one rope burns completely in 1 Hr and the rate or burning is not consistent.   View Answers (2)

Early Identification Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Simple and straightforward. Asked me about some previous work I had done at an internship.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions. Only questions about my previous work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

this is at colorado. Only has one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Phone Screen was setup . Started with previous background and courses etc.
    Questions from the phonescreen :

What is static,volatile.Give examples where static and volatile are used ?
    I asnwered

If 2^4 has 2 digits(decimal) ,how many digits are there in 2^1000?
    I gave answer ceiling of 1000*log 2 (base 10).

Interview Questions
    • Given a uni processor architecture.
      A process X has code at memory location 10,000 , the PC(program counter) is pointing to it and executing instruction from there. A process Y has code at memory location 20,000. The OS(kernel) has its own code at some memory location.

How does the PC change from process from code at location 10,000 or 10,050(after some time of execution),to the kernel location during a context switch to Process B ?

Please let me know if you have the answer.

Bamboozled by this question,don't know if I get onsite :(