Qualcomm CDMA

107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details – phone interview about 1 hour, very technical
on site interview: very friendly

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

Interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA

Interview Details – Over the phone interview lasted for around 1 hour. Interview focused on my resume contents for around 20 minutes followed by a couple of technical interview questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Questions were based on basic IIP3, SNR and cascaded Noise Figure concepts. Expect questions on CDMA communication system concepts.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. The interview focused more on my technical skills and my grasp on RF Engineering fundamentals than on my behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

PTE Team for Various Positions Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted through phone by HR to know my availability and interest and called for the Destination Q event.

Interviewers were so cool and interviewed very basic understanding of CMOS device characteristics, IV curve, ATPG, 6T SRAM, parameters influencing power,performance, basic RC circuits..

Interview Question – No difficult questions as only basics were tested   View Answers (2)

Summer Software Intern Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview started by asking about my goals and objectives for inernship . Then straight away questions from c and embedded c . some c ques were simple such as diff between static variable and constant variable . what is meant by extern in c? Asked a program on pointers . be thorough with pointers .

Interview Question – question from multithreaded programming . i dont remember the ques   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in November 2012.

Interview Details – One hr and 4 technical interviews. I did well in 4 technical interviews which were around MAC and PHY layers: OFDM, ARQ, Queuing theory, IP/TCP. Some questions to test how I think. Overall, I like they way they ask. They are very supportive and open.

Interview Question – I did well on all questions. Got job offer after 2 days of the on-site interview but I declined.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in October 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview was set up and questions about my research work was asked. Just couple of questions on static and volatile keywords.

Onsite interview was with 5 teams and all of them were coding questions. standard C questions on linked list, function pointers, priority inversion and so on. One guy asked Math puzzles, I struggled a bit after constant coding. But i picked up towards the end

Interview Question – Math puzzles were simple, but my brain was tuned in complex thinking and switching to simple mode was bit difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got an email to schedule phone interview the very next day. Phone interview was mostly focused on C, OS and Networking. Since I did well on that, I was called onsite after a couple of weeks. Onsite consisted on 5 tech rounds and 1 HR round. Tech rounds are entirely focused on C, OS, problem solving skills and your resume. The interview process was very smooth and candidates were well taken care of. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Tech questions were as follows.

1. Programs for binary search, linked list node deletion, string reversal, calculate no of bits in a number in given base, division of floating point numbers.
2. Difference between macros and functions, why/where to use macros
3. Use of static
4. Scheduling
5. How to prevent deadlocks
6. What data structures is used in routers

Overall, the key is to be thorough with C, OS and memory management

Interview Question – Lunch interview was the toughest. The interviewer went deep into OS and memory management.   Answer Question

Software (LTE) Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through a reference at QCT. First round was a phone interview which was mostly C with couple of OS related questions. Was called for an on-site interview. Was interview with around 40 candidates that day. It was 4 rounds. One engineer asked questions based on my project. 2nd engineer asked me questions based on Microprocessor architecture. Other 2 engineers asked me write programs on white board based on Linked Lists. Was able to answer most. I received an offer after a week. They were responsive in emails with them. Interview arrangements like Flight, Hotel and Car was smooth. The team looked promising since they were working on the new LTE technology. Most of the other interview candidates seemed fresh out of college.

Interview Question – Explain how an interrupt works inside a microprocessor. Questions related to Program counter, registers, stack and timing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer and a job I liked better.

Qualcomm R&D PHy Layer Systems Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in September 2012.

Interview Details – 6 Round of interviews in Site

Interview Question – Questions on CDMA, MIMO, Stochastic Process, Probability, Signal Processing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer from qualcomm in QCT Modem System

Hardware Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details – Skipped the telephonic since I had a reference within the company.
Interviewed with the San Diego team. Had interviews lined up all day from 10.30 am until 5 pm, with a friendly lunch in the middle.
Completely technical, spoke on different protocols, low power techniques, C programming for embedded, and building a verification environment. Overall all interviewers asked pointed, relevant and good questions, without the slightest hint of condescension. This was among the longest interviews I've had in my career and also among the most professional.

Interview Question – Spoke about some post silicon validation. Haven't had much experience working in the lab so it didn't matter.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm CDMA