Qualcomm CDMA

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details – This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Question – Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
One question:
int *a=10; a++;
string *a='10'; a++;
What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details – First they carried out telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was mainly based around Real Time OS concepts, C programming. After telephonic interview got call for onsite interview.

Interview Question – Can variable be declared with "Const" and "Volatile" quantifier ?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in October 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview was set up and questions about my research work was asked. Just couple of questions on static and volatile keywords.

Onsite interview was with 5 teams and all of them were coding questions. standard C questions on linked list, function pointers, priority inversion and so on. One guy asked Math puzzles, I struggled a bit after constant coding. But i picked up towards the end

Interview Question – Math puzzles were simple, but my brain was tuned in complex thinking and switching to simple mode was bit difficult   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got an email to schedule phone interview the very next day. Phone interview was mostly focused on C, OS and Networking. Since I did well on that, I was called onsite after a couple of weeks. Onsite consisted on 5 tech rounds and 1 HR round. Tech rounds are entirely focused on C, OS, problem solving skills and your resume. The interview process was very smooth and candidates were well taken care of. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Tech questions were as follows.

1. Programs for binary search, linked list node deletion, string reversal, calculate no of bits in a number in given base, division of floating point numbers.
2. Difference between macros and functions, why/where to use macros
3. Use of static
4. Scheduling
5. How to prevent deadlocks
6. What data structures is used in routers

Overall, the key is to be thorough with C, OS and memory management

Interview Question – Lunch interview was the toughest. The interviewer went deep into OS and memory management.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was mainly about my resume, since I'm a new graduate. Since I did OK on that, I'm invited to San Diego for an on-site. 5 staff engineer and 1 HR are in my panel. All the questions are technical, related to the position I'm applying.

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in February 2009.

Interview Details – Here were the questions that were asked:
1. Linked List - how to traverse through the linked
2. Linked List - how to delete a node in the linked List
3. Given a 1024x768 square, how do know which pixels are black and which pixels are white.

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in April 2011.

Interview Details – basic deep c questions with examples. Asked explanation with examples & brief practical knowledge

Interview Question – Staic & const in C & give example   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 hr interview. Questions on the subject of RTOS, Data Structures and C++ logic programming. There were 2 questions towards the end of the interview where I was asked to code and read it out.

Interview Question – Write actual code and then read it out for a problem.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone interview which consisted of basic OS and data structure questions. Was called for an on-site interview after that. Onsite interview was 6 technical interviews. Questions from C, data structures, OS, bit manipulation etc. The whole interview process took an inordinate amount of time and I had to wait nearly a month after the interview to learn the final result.

San Diego, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of telephonic interview(1 tech + 1 hr),HR interview was about interests in QCT,team and so on,Tech round consisted of C,OS concepts,Data structures and a puzzle.Got a positive response in 5 days and was called onsite,Onsite interview comprised of 6 tech rounds and 1 hr rnd,Again the focus was on writing code in C,OS and Networking. Its 2 weeks now and i havent yet heard back from them.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm CDMA

Worked for Qualcomm CDMA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm CDMA Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm CDMA employees and interview candidates.