Qualcomm DSP Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

I had a phone interview . I was expecting a detailed questionnaire on my projects but the interviewer started out with questions on C and then went on to ask questions related to DSP and Communications theory. The interviewer was good and was very patient in asking each question and listening to my answers.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult part for me were questions on C which i did not prepare at all. There were questions related to embedded systems and questions on Cache memory.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

Applied on their career website. First was the phone interview where they asked about my projects and some basic questions. Called onsite at Santa Clara where i had 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • questions were pretty simple like create a linked list of n nodes, some puzzles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Passed Phone interview. Asked questions about DSP assembly. How do you perform a modulo without using the modulo operator? Asked about macm and how it handles 32bit multiplication.

Next step was an onsite interview. About 6 hours. Asked questions about wireless theory, space-time block codes, OFDM, MIMO and fourier analysis. Had to write a C function that reversed bits given two indices in an int. More C questions about multi-threading, some questions about hardware and assembly languages.

Interview Questions
    • Write a c functions that takes two bit indices and an int, and reverses the bits in the int between the two indices.   View Answers (4)
    • Describe why OFDM works as well as it does. Describe QAM modulation and the effects of channel offsets   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2010.

I was referred by an employee and got email from the HR to set up the phone interview. After about 45 min I got the on site interview recommendation. During the phone interview I was asked a lot questions about what I was doing and and some theory algorithm associated with them. For example: How to do the channel estimation? How to implement the power control algorithm. all the technique related questions are based on the interviewer's working experience. I don't have on site interview scheduled yet. But my experience is you have to really know what your were doing and make the interviewer believes that you really did the work as you claimed.

Interview Questions

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!